Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man, I find the most obscure movies to watch on YouTube sometimes. Creepy, sour looking technicolor BBC film from the 70s with completely out of place harpsichord background music?

Sure, let's do this.
Watch "Manos Hands Of Fate" if you want bad.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Man, I find the most obscure movies to watch on YouTube sometimes. Creepy, sour looking technicolor BBC film from the 70s with completely out of place harpsichord background music?

Sure, let's do this.

I actually found one of my favorite movies on YouTube. It was an obscure made-for-TV film from 2002.

YouTube is an awesome place to find public domain or obscure films. Best part is that these movies tend to be so obscure that most companies would find it to be not worth the effort to take legal action against YouTube like Viacom did years ago.

Same goes with old cartoons from the 1930's and 1940's. A perfect place to preserve animated gems that used to be that you had to own on a VHS tape to view.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Watch "Manos Hands Of Fate" if you want bad.

Isn't that the one where it had footage of a car driving for ten minutes because they literally forgot to add the opening credits?

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isn't that the one where it had footage of a car driving for ten minutes because they literally forgot to add the opening credits?

Yeah, and the creepy little servant dude with giant legs. Looked like they stuffed pillows down his pant legs. Not sure what that was all about. Rotfl

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Piggy wants your soul.

ed1a7ae1dd7c729c6ff847630e506627.jpg

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I actually found one of my favorite movies on YouTube. It was an obscure made-for-TV film from 2002.

What movie was that, Wayholk?

Speaking of that, I was just chillin' with my dog Tallulah watching some Netflix and caught a martial arts movie that personally tickled my fancy, called Lady Bloodfight.

Dumb title, I admit, but it I haven't had the pleasure of seeing movies revolving around lady martial artists much with the benefit of them not being obvious exploitation. The fighting was pretty hardcore, but, I always seem to glean some kind of inspiration or philosophical musings about my own attitude and spirit when I trained in tae kwon do ('course I was no hardcore fighter like the characters in these movies ^_^ ), or how I would want to think and behave were I a professional warrior in the same situation as these movies are based around. I was particularly pleased with the way this movie handled its sentiments of good and honor vs violence and evil in the duels that follow. I really liked the protagonist, played by an actress I don't believe I'd heard of before named Amy Johnson, and many of the other characters, too, even a few of the fighters and teachers who held more cynical worldviews and thus hardly had a care for personal honor in the ways of combat. With the exception of one character they at least seemed ... believable, I guess.

The plot begins with two Chinese women martial artists who appear (I was in the kitchen for most of this beginning scene, so I may have it wrong) to have beaten each other so badly in a duel that their respective teachers command them to cease and agree to another means of settling their differences. They agree unofficially to meet other again vicariously through their own future students in an underground all-female fighting tournament that is held regularly in Hong Kong. And so I suppose the winner of their personal rivalry will be determined through which of the students the two women take on will win the tournament, during a future time when they both are able to put forth viable fighters to go against each other. One is a cynical woman who is greatly disciplined but focuses solely on satisfying her misguided grudge against her rival, and the other woman is more kindly in her approach to training students, certainly always intent on subduing her opponents without killing or personal hatred, but of course will still be tough and no-nonsense to her approach when she must. And so the two students both women take on to train for the tournament are fitted to be just as opposite in personalities. Although this is without putting either of the women teachers or the students into the clear hero or villain role, which is rather interesting ... and even better for once restraint was showed in the movie's amount of swearing. I actually barely heard any.

So, yeah, I recommend this movie for those who can stomach people hitting one another hard enough to cause broken bones and visible blood to fly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What movie was that, Wayholk?

Bang Bang, You're Dead

It's about a troubled high school student named Trevor Adams who made a fake bomb threat the previous year and returns to school while facing bullying and ostracizing. His drama teacher casts him in a school play called, "Bang Bang, You're Dead" in an attempt to get through to Trevor and help him face his demons. Because of the controversial nature of the school play, many are against it being played at the high school.

I first watched it in high school and it really spoke to me. My 12 years of school were the hardest times of my life and the movie was very relatable and very well made for a made-for-TV film. At the time I really fit the school shooter profile: I was a loner, was bullied, lived in a broken home with an unstable home life, and had mental health issues. Thankfully those days are over and I've already made significant progress to let go of these trauma demons. God got me through it and already gave me more than enough motivation to better myself and help others with their pain and trials. Once my therapy gets full swing, I'll be able to get on with my life.

God is good. An eternal perspective makes all the difference when you are suffering. I can imagine that in Heaven we will still have movies like this one to portray life before Jesus's return like how we watch time period films about issues that were prevalent during the time as portrayed by the film's setting.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Today was very interesting. I took Uber today to the college. I Ielt like such a big boy. Lol

I am disabled and I have not been able to leave my house because the transportation where I lived is not very well. But in this big city the transportation is very good. And Uber drivers are very friendly to those who are disabled. He even offered to help me when I was struggling getting out of the car.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Took my math test today. I don't think I did very well.

Despite what Rain Man portrays, I am useless at math.

Today was very interesting. I took Uber today to the college. I Ielt like such a big boy. Lol

I am disabled and I have not been able to leave my house because the transportation where I lived is not very well. But in this big city the transportation is very good. And Uber drivers are very friendly to those who are disabled. He even offered to help me when I was struggling getting out of the car.

I'm very happy you managed to get some good transportation from helpful people. It was only in recent years my town got a transit system which proved very convenient since I don't have a license.

I hope you do well in college. :)

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Despite what Rain Man portrays, I am useless at math.

I'm very happy you managed to get some good transportation from helpful people. It was only in recent years my town got a transit system which proved very convenient since I don't have a license.

I hope you do well in college. :)

Thank you very much. God bless:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Didn't watch a single iota of the SOTU address tonight. Figure I'll hear about what went down on the political podcast I listen to, and after campaign season I've had my fill of fourth grade-level speeches. I just love that the Dems invited Bill Nye the Science Guy to come and be present on their behalf lol. God bless America, and goodnight.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Morning Strider always swears that Night Strider is going to come straight home from work and jump in bed and catch up on lost sleep. But Night Strider always has other ideas... hence Morning Strider’s frustration.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Morning Strider always swears that Night Strider is going to come straight home from work and jump in bed and catch up on lost sleep. But Night Strider always has other ideas... hence Morning Strider’s frustration.
I do this, too. Lol

Reactions: Strider1002
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.