Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, was shocked to discover I had zero Native American in me.. also shocked that I had zero Jewish in me either. Considering I grew up with always being called a Jew and even faced some hatred over it, although most of the Jewish women at my school had a thing for me too.. some of them pretty hot.. lol..

Did you happen to have any pygmy ancestory?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you happen to have any pygmy ancestory?

No. Lol.

I pretty much got 97% Northern European with a scant races of Northern African, Southeast Asian and southern European.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yay! It's so fun finding out your ancestry DNA results. I've done the 23 and Me kit, but I want to do the Ancestry one. I feel like maybe theirs is more accurate. I waited about 7 or 8 weeks for mine but it came back that the sample had failed, so I had to do it again. The second time around was successful and it did come back very quickly, like they put a rush on it. Lol

I hope you share you results! I looove finding out about everyone's DNA results. Genealogy is fascinating.

My results shocked me as they showed I was about 95% English-Irish. I always believed it was mostly Scottish (although I'm sure there's some Scottish in there somewhere. That's a given), but it was Irish. The rest was German and Native American.
Except when I talk your ear off about this stuff :D

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When there's a high percentage of Western European you can know there's most likely a variety of countries in there the farther back you go. I know my mother's line is Swiss rather than German (her maiden name is often considered German). I've also discovered a tiny bit of French in there as well. But it is primarily English-Irish-German-Native American.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except when I talk your ear off about this stuff :D

Well, we were probably feuding Viking clans back in the days of old, soo why should I tolerate listening about your heritage?

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have a lot of Polish influence in our family too. Not sure if Poland is considered east or west Europe.

Mkay. I'm just going to call you a gypsy from now on because it's apparent your ancestry goes back to just about everywhere. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, was shocked to discover I had zero Native American in me.. also shocked that I had zero Jewish in me either. Considering I grew up with always being called a Jew and even faced some hatred over it, although most of the Jewish women at my school had a thing for me too.. some of them pretty hot.. lol..

Yeah, I'm surprised by this, too. You could definitely pass as someone with some Jewish ancestry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I'm surprised by this, too. You could definitely pass as someone with some Jewish ancestry.

Yeah although, I've noticed English people and Jewish people can kind of look similar.

My little sister was always accused of being a Jew all the time too, my older sister had my father's more Germanic looks so I guess she was spared any misdirected Jew hatred.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reminds me of this guy on this podcast I listened to a few months back. He was one of the major writers for the Simpsons. He also looked pretty Jewish. He made a joke that made me laugh out loud at work when he said to the host "Yeah, I look pretty Jewish.. sometimes I like to tell people I paid my way though college by modeling for hate literature.".

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yay! It's so fun finding out your ancestry DNA results. I've done the 23 and Me kit, but I want to do the Ancestry one. I feel like maybe theirs is more accurate. I waited about 7 or 8 weeks for mine but it came back that the sample had failed, so I had to do it again. The second time around was successful and it did come back very quickly, like they put a rush on it. Lol

I hope you share you results! I looove finding out about everyone's DNA results. Genealogy is fascinating.

My results shocked me as they showed I was about 95% English-Irish. I always believed it was mostly Scottish (although I'm sure there's some Scottish in there somewhere. That's a given), but it was Irish. The rest was German and Native American.
I will definitely share my results when I get them!

And @CodyFaith and @TheGirlOnFire y'all should do it!

I think we need to have a thread specifically for this and we post our DNA test results. :D

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I hear there's a new movie about the life of Mr. Fred Rogers in production. What I remember most about that show is how endlessly irritated I'd get watching that show when he'd called me his neighbour because he was some guy on a tv set in Pittsburgh who didn't live nearly close enough to me to qualify for that. :ahah:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I hear there's a new movie about the life of Mr. Fred Rogers in production. What I remember most about that show is how endlessly irritated I'd get watching that show when he'd called me his neighbour because he was some guy on a tv set in Pittsburgh who didn't live nearly close enough to me to qualify for that. :ahah:

I loved that show. ^_^

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. :D

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Man, I find the most obscure movies to watch on YouTube sometimes. Creepy, sour looking technicolor BBC film from the 70s with completely out of place harpsichord background music?

Sure, let's do this.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Man, I find the most obscure movies to watch on YouTube sometimes. Creepy, sour looking technicolor BBC film from the 70s with completely out of place harpsichord background music?

Sure, let's do this.
And the reason why you didn't ping me is...?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.