• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by High Fidelity, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MehGuy

MehGuy We are highly neotenous apes.. Supporter

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Man though, must have been an interesting time being a film fan during the 60s and 70s. Considering how much films matured during those two decades. Largely thanks to better technology and more relaxed censors.

Look at films now, and they're hardly evolved these last few decades.

2. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

alsughasoughaiuyfygh Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I'm still trying to recover from that shaved furry head you left on my bed while I was asleep! :argh:

3. Toro

Toro Oh, Hello!

+11,732
    Christian
    Married
    Well thats the entire Godfather series. I enjoyed it, but in all honesty you could fit the story in 2 maybe even 1 movie telling the same story and lack nothing.....

4. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Not every film has to resort to quick cuts and edits.

5. Toro

Toro Oh, Hello!

+11,732
    Christian
    Married
    Didn't say they did.

but if someone wants to point at a single movie in the Godfather series and say it drags on.... you have to gripe, about 1,2 and 3 cause in reality most of it wasn't needed for the story in any of the 3 movies.... to pick just one isn't fair cause they all do it.

6. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Haven't seen 3 so I can't really comment on it.. but I think the slow pace added greatly to the first two films. Real life is just like that, and made the films more realistic.

Not sure what you mean by picking on just one. Said I liked the second one because it was more epic. A good combination of more things going on, yet still retaining a slow pace.

7. Toro

Toro Oh, Hello!

+11,732
    Christian
    Married
    Moe said that the second was "too long and drawn out"

Yet the entire series was guilty of long drawn out scenes that REALLY didn't NEED to be in the films yet they were. To point at one single film and imply or state that it is the lesser of the series because of something the others are guilty of as well is simply not fair.

Its like saying Back to the Future 2 wasn't as good as Back to the Future 1 or 3 because it had a DeLorean as a time machine.

8. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh, didn't really read Moe's post too closely.

Yeah.. the first one isn't any faster paced or anything.. lol. If anything it was more drawn out than the second one.

Still don't think the films would be as impactful if they were edited down.. still can't say much about the 3rd since I haven't seen it yet.

9. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Honestly, what I miss most about older films is that they tended to be slower overall. Like the first Star Wars film. Was much more engrossing because it took it's time.. can't say I feel the same thing with the prequel films or the force awakens.. The following two in the original trilogy was a little more fast paced, but it still took it's time somewhat.

10. bint3

bint3 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    *walks in* I'm not exactly sure what this thread is supposed to be about...but it's in the trendy threads....do I just write about whatever's on my mind? haha

11. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    That and it's basically for general discussion that's not worth creating a new topic for. Other forums would call this a Regular's Lounge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. bint3

bint3 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    ooooh got it! I guess I'm becoming a regular, since this is my second day here. :)

13. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome to the Singles forum then. I hope you have a swell time here! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  14. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Do you like Winona Ryder?

15. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Been a fan of hers since that USO show back in 1999. ;)

16. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    No.. that film was offensive to her.. lol.

17. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    It's not like it was the friggin' apocalypse because your country's women got upset with my country's comedy style. :ahah:

18. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Hey were learned our lesson and turned around in the end.. lol.

19. bint3

bint3 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks so much! You're so very kind!

20. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

+12,837
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    And you lived happily ever after in your quiet, little, redneck, podunk, jerkwater, greenhorn, one-horse, mud-hole, right-wing, whistle-stop, hobmail, truck-drivin', old-fashioned, hayseed, inbred, unkempt, out-of-date, out-of-touch, white-trash, mountain town!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.