USA
✟151,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't worry everyone, I don't have a crush on any of the guys here or anything lol...they're just some friends. :p

My dreams sure can be strange, though. :p

Working on music for Sunday. This seriously used to stress me out but now I just enjoy it :whistle:
Oh what kind of music are you working on? That sounds so cool!
Good luck with it. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whenever I read these sermons that ask why God uses some people more than others and the answer is 'Faith' all I can do is just roll my eyes because I know how full of crap they are. I'm sure whoever writes those sermons would have far more use for a professional guitarist than a teenage amateur for the church music ministry. I'm sure he would also have far more use for a rich tither raking in the big bucks than the old lady giving what little pension she gets. I'm also quite confident that he would have also have far more use for a man who graduated Harvard than a man who works as a janitor. Faith is irrelevant when you have so much to offer thanks to your giftedness.

Sometimes this religion is a fricken joke.

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Winter is here! Halloween was barely out of the door and we received a huge dump of snow.

Whaaa bam! And just like that, it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter denied Christ 3 times, but Christ undid that by forgiving Peter, asking if he loves Him 3 times.
Throughout the Bible, God strengthens the weak/broken and turns them into leaders: Moses, Jacob, David, ect.

So yeah, I have to agree @Wayholka that a lot of sermons out there we have to use with a lot of discernment and relying on God for that understanding. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Winter is here! Halloween was barely out of the door and we received a huge dump of snow.

You did this.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I heard all of Canada except for where I'm at (Atlantic) is going to have a cold, snowy winter. Where I'm at is supposed to be really warm.

Not joking haha, read it on yahoo news.

So um... yeah...:burglar:

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whenever I read these sermons that ask why God uses some people more than others and the answer is 'Faith' all I can do is just roll my eyes because I know how full of crap they are. I'm sure whoever writes those sermons would have far more use for a professional guitarist than a teenage amateur for the church music ministry. I'm sure he would also have far more use for a rich tither raking in the big bucks than the old lady giving what little pension she gets. I'm also quite confident that he would have also have far more use for a man who graduated Harvard than a man who works as a janitor. Faith is irrelevant when you have so much to offer thanks to your giftedness.

Sometimes this religion is a fricken joke.

This is one of my favorite quotes, Way. Just keep it in mind when you see stuff like that.

“It is the habit, if not the consistent practice, of God to pull from the fringes of darkness His brightest lights.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is one of my favorite quotes, Way. Just keep it in mind when you see stuff like that.

“It is the habit, if not the consistent practice, of God to pull from the fringes of darkness His brightest lights.”
That's definately a quote worth saving.

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't doubt that God loves to use those with troubled pasts, I just think that God uses some more than others on the basis of what that person can do with the talents He gave them. Obviously God and His followers are going to want a leader like Billy Graham because of his supreme preaching skills and wisdom rather than someone like me whom most American Christians would rather see on the streets than to accept help from the government for having a set of 'gifts' and 'talents' that are considered "not good enough".

It's hard being the one talent servant when no one respects you for it. I suspect that's why the servant buried his talent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I heard all of Canada except for where I'm at (Atlantic) is going to have a cold, snowy winter. Where I'm at is supposed to be really warm.

Not joking haha, read it on yahoo news.

So um... yeah...:burglar:

Cody, Cody, my dear Cody don't forget, sharing is caring :)

This is a fantastic quote. I really love it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟997,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy for the folks in Houston who are enjoying this WS win.

Well, answers my question of why I thought I heard fireworks last night. Thanks. ^_^

• Friendly
Reactions: TheGoodLight
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.