USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why can't people be happy with the way God created them?
Sorry if I offended anyone with that post. I didn't mean to say that everyone should always be happy with their disabilities, etc.
What I meant was more like, why do people have to pretend to be something they aren't so much?

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry if I offended anyone with that post. I didn't mean to say that everyone should always be happy with their disabilities, etc.
What I meant was more like, why do people have to pretend to be something they aren't so much?

Because we live in a world that values some types of people more than others. This world exalts a person based on his skills, talents, beauty, intelligence, social skills, achievements, wealth, occupation, social status, and personality. You could be the kindest and most moral person on Earth but if you lack these traits, then few are going to seek to have you around. Just ask all the babies who were aborted because they had disabilities, something most see as liabilities rather than people made in the image of God.

Even though the Bible says we are made perfect in our weaknesses, we actually still value each other based on strengths. It's a very human thing to value strength. If Billy Graham wasn't such a successful preacher, how many Christian would still give a rat's heiny about him?

Welcome to the world and its corrupted value system. Once we're in Heaven we'll finally see each other and ourselves the way God sees us.

• Agree
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just saw an ad from Dish about how you can watch 4 stations at once. How in the world did we get that OCD that we have to watch 4 stations at once? Back in my day, we had a 'last' button on our remote!
Do you have to set up four tvs with four sets of remotes or is there a split screen?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have to set up four tvs with four sets of remotes or is there a split screen?
They're talking about watching four different channels on the same screen. Their main selling point was being able to watch four games at once without having to change channels lol.

• Informative
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praise the Lord! My friend got saved Sunday morning.

He had called me 3 or 4 times prior (after I had to stop hanging out with him) and told me that he didn't want to lose me as a friend. And I told him that it wasn't personal but for my own sake I had to stop spending time with him for my own walk with God was being affected. Then Sunday morning he called and left me a voicemail asking if I would pick him up to go to church with me. During the time it took for me to reach back with him, he had asked one of his neighbor's instead. So I told him to just keep the promise he made with his neighbor to go to church with them. Well, Monday evening he called me again explaining what happened to him at church that Sunday morning. He went to the altar for prayer and asked God to forgive Him of his sins and to help him repent from his lifestyle. God is so good. Not only do I have a best friend but also now a brother in Christ for all eternity. To Christ be the glory!

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yummm McD's nuggets for lunch. And coffee. :D
My nieces call them nuggies. So even when my sister and I were on the phone, we realized we were saying 'nuggies' even just talking to each other and no kids around :D

• Winner
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Think I'll go to Starbucks and ask for a Big Mac.

Be careful. You might get someone just as funny, and they might make you a drink of their choosing and call it a "Big Mac". In my town, there are a lot of employees who can roll with the punches - either because they have a sense of humor or they just don't care.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My nieces call them nuggies. So even when my sister and I were on the phone, we realized we were saying 'nuggies' even just talking to each other and no kids around :D

lol Nuggies. That's cute.

When I was little I'd call spaghetti "pasgetti", I still do if I don't catch myself. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll have to remember this if I ever get to hang out with Mehguy outside of CF

20953316_1991536874421351_7380078518199963674_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟413,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My graduate school semester (only 1 course, 'cause those cost a pretty penny and I'm looking to avoid adding to my student loan debt) began midnight yesterday. Two days in which I--being me--overthought what we were asked to do. No biggie, since I didn't actually do anything more than necessary just yet, and all that's left for me to do tonight is something I'm quite acquainted with doing: typing stuff in reaction to other typed stuff.

w00t w00t.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'll have to remember this if I ever get to hang out with Mehguy outside of CF

20953316_1991536874421351_7380078518199963674_n.jpg

You're going to dress up like Princess Leia? If so, we demand pictures.

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.