Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have just seen on local news that a protest is to be held tomorrow near a Confederate monument in Houston. .... I don't care who will be there for what purpose, and who is on what side. Please pray that whatever cops will be assigned to monitor this event will never have to lift a finger towards their guns. That no violence will erupt between anyone. There are enough accounts of Charlottesvilles and politically-charged riots in this country lately as it is.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hate it when you're tired and you go to bed and you just can't sleep.

Suddenly getting auditory flashbacks of Coldplay's "Fix You" with that statement. It's practically the first set of lyrics in the song.

And, thank you for showing your prayerful support in response to my post above, Miss @Multifavs. I do hate the thought of what atrocity could potentially occur just ten or so miles south of my doorstep tomorrow. But God willing one side somewhere will show determination to let good sense and temperance prevail, the opposing protesters will see this and be inclined to follow suit, and thus a peaceful demonstration may be held.

I despise the ideals of white supremacy and any kind of spoken word or demonstration sympathetic of Nazi ways, but ... any and all who oppose this seeming resurgence of both in America today should see to it that they too do not become the very monsters they wish to fight.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I had something fun to do tomorrow,It looks like im gonna be home alone all day.

Consider becoming a gamer, then, Miss Nicole. Video games are quite the loyal companion for passing time on such days when you've nothing on your social calendar, I assure you. ^-^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If i may ask everyone here, please pray with me that my slight feeling of nausea will leave me soon. I am not the kind of person who gets ill often, and I find the sickness related feeling of nausea to be the worst to endure of them. It may actually be due to my scarcely having eaten at all since yesterday morning (even though one might think this nausea would likely come as a result of eating far too much), and despite my oft-changing work schedule I do need to learn to take better care of myself in this regard. So here I am now sitting down to a rather large meal, hoping that this will disperse the feeling of nausea.
^-^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WATCH LIVE: Demonstration over downtown Confederate statue

The more detailed news on the protests going on today in Houston where I live, than I could remember to give last night when I first mentioned it.

Apparently so far so good. No one is raising their fist in anger or intent to violence.:puff:

... As a child I always looked at Robert E. Lee as a heroic but tragic figure who himself loathed slavery but misplaced priorities for defending his state above common decency for the whole country had him fighting on the wrong side, probably just like with many other Southern men who held a standard of personal honor but with the one glaring flaw of not caring enough about the affairs of maltreated black slaves by their crueller Southern brethren to side against them (even if doing so meant being a part of the invading Union army against their own homeland). I can only hope believing in General Lee as a personally good man, who could understandably only see his loyalty to Virginia as greater than that to country as a whole, was not due to my naivety as a child who just didn't want to think about the evils of the slavery institution. But perhaps I am wrong, however well-meaning.

It appears that Lee's family itself owned slaves, although I am of firm belief he himself never maltreated them with insults or beatings. But the fact remains that despite Lee's platitudes in various memoirs, he is still part of the problem even by so much as owning blacks as servants, regardless of whether he treated them better than the standard or not. He had the guts to stand up and say that he would not remain serving in the Union army if it meant having to tolerate seeing his own home state being invaded by them, but he unfortunately did not have the guts to forego that personal pride and loyalty for the sake of all the more quickly disbanding an evil and inhumane institution that he allowed himself to grow physically and mentally weary sitting on the fence over all those years.

I always thought it foolish and extreme for a President to call up an army to raise swords and muskets against its own country, but, would slavery have died of natural causes had the South been left well enough alone? Probably, but not near quickly enough of repeated human error throughout history is anything to go by. In any event, regardless of the fact that I even as a Southern man am grateful that the North won for the sake of keeping the country united as one and ending slavery, I still wish a war never even had to happen over it all in the first place. And now I wonder if the UK - the very country we fought so hard against to gain individuality as a nation in the first place - is going to be laughing derisively and shaking their heads in disbelief again at our foolishness soon because of another civil war that threatens to tear us apart, and only after tens of thousands more senseless deaths. .... Not that I would be inclined to think there is really ever any example of a sensible death.

Sorry, forgive my pensive rambling again. These thoughts just come upon me so suddenly and unlike some people I seem to always require an outlet for them.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.... Oh, and, while in the course of writing that last post I am already feeling better upon eating. No nausea at all, now. Thanks, everyone. *bows*

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really need to defeat this anxiety once and for all.. these past several years have been a nightmare. It's hard for me to remember that life can be fun and freeing.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Morning Everyone :wave:

:hrelax:
Good morning! :) How is everyone today?

I plan to start writing another story tomorrow but as usual, I need to think of more ideas for what happens in it lol.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.