Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I upped my diet game and its kicking my butt. Determined to get in shape and be healthy! Been a successful year so far in that regard.

I've been doing that too. It's hard but you can do it!

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks! It's sort of the last piece in the puzzle for me.

I know what you mean. I am starting to become more serious, because my health is at risk right now, so I am being really strict with myself. The first two, three weeks are hard, but it becomes easier. :)

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Especially when you cut out things that were high sugar. That's why I've learned not to jump straight into a strict diet. It never works because your body revolts and withdraws from the sugar and chemicals. So I've tried several different smaller steps and changes. Has been working so far.

Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Especially when you cut out things that were high sugar. That's why I've learned not to jump straight into a strict diet. It never works because your body revolts and withdraws from the sugar and chemicals. So I've tried several different smaller steps and changes. Has been working so far.

Sugar is so difficult because our bodies are addicted to it and we constantly crave it. Or at least that is the case for me. I have learned to allow myself candy but it can only be at the end of the week on a cheat day, and if only I have done well that week. Kind of an award system. I love candy so much but it is honestly preventing me from losing the weight. So I have to cut it out. :(

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah it's tough, because sugar is as difficult to break as cocaine. It lights up the same pleasure centers in the brain. You go through physical withdraw when you stop eating it. Once you overcome that, you'll feel like a million bucks. I don't think we have any idea what it feels like to be completely healthy, without sugar and toxins giving us depression, brain fog, etc. And those toxins spread to our muscles and everything else.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm packing my bags for my trip to TX and NM. Only 2 more days until I'll be flying down there! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!one!!
Yayyyy! I honestly thought you were there already :D :D I'm a bad friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Squeakers
Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yayyyy! I honestly thought you were there already :D :D I'm a bad friend.

Daha! Nope, not yet. I leave Wed afternoon. And no, you're not a bad friend. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟413,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am learning that I can't trust people to confide in. This makes me sad, as this person is a good friend of mine, but apparently I can't confide in them.

I can't begin to count how many times my trust has been compromised. It's made me overly guarded at times, and then has led me to be less guarded, going 'oh, come on, I can't be like this all my life'--only to have it compromised again.

At this stage in life I think I've hit a healthy balance, thankfully.

Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I can't begin to count how many times my trust has been compromised. It's made me overly guarded at times, and then has led me to be less guarded, going 'oh, come on, I can't be like this all my life'--only to have it compromised again.

At this stage in life I think I've hit a healthy balance, thankfully.

I am a very guarded person as it is. Unless I connect with that person right on the spot, then I don't trust them. I have many walls up and they are all for a good reason, and it seems as of late I am being reminded why it is good to guard my heart as I have been. It just makes me sad to think that he, as a fellow Christian, and the friend he has been to me I can't even confide in him anymore. It is what it is I suppose. :/

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone is that way really. Even the people who get mad at gossip often engages in it themselves. They just get mad when they're the one gossiped about.

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Going through the list of yes/no items to take on the plane...it's very good to know that I can take a Harry Potter wand or a light saber on the flight....

Description for the light saber:

Sadly, the technology doesn't currently exist to create a real lightsaber. However, you can pack a toy lightsaber in your carry-on or checked bag. May the force be with you.

I love Southwest. :muahah:

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Going through the list of yes/no items to take on the plane...it's very good to know that I can take a Harry Potter wand or a light saber on the flight....

Description for the light saber:

I love Southwest. :muahah:
That's pretty hilarious!

• Agree
Reactions: Squeakers
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wish this light headedness would stop. I'm wobbly on my feet and can't walk without feeling like I'm about to fall. Ugh.
19988989_327813501003803_1033881828_n.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.