Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Health concerns which could be very serious, emotional struggles, work problems, and new job search all weigh heavy on my mind right now. However my thoughts keep wandering back to Scripture and I crave deep discussion about God and Jesus and how to live rightly. I find comfort in talking with brothers and sister in Christ right now.
Amen, sis.

I would agree with all you've written. Currently going through a similar thing. :prayer:

• Prayers
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I'm standing at a crossroads in my life. To one direction is to try to keep having faith that somehow things in my life might work out.

To the other is to finally just say forget it, and let go of what little bit of faith I have left.

There's just been too much disappointment in this life, too many times I've watched the hopes and dreams I've had get torn to shreds just when I thought it would be okay.

Sorry for the heavy post, just really, really angry tonight and over it all.

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Mydnyte ... I want to give you a hug.
Does Jesus still love you? Do you still love Jesus? He is the reason to go on.
Just know that which ever path you chose Jesus will be there with you.

Thank you. I've just been really frustrated and angry lately and honestly I'm starting to give up somewhat. It's just getting too late in my life for some of the things I've hoped for and dreamed of and that's really starting to bother me. Being alone lately has really started taking a toll on me and I'm just sick to death of it.

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I understand what your feeling. Often I find the church offers a very narrow singular view of solutions for all the singles who feel that way.

I can't deal with church right now. They don't get it at all. It's either people spewing out one cliche after another, or people who have been married for 20-30 years trying to tell me how I ought to feel or others who are just simply so naive and clueless that they could never possibly understand what I'm feeling.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not trying to bring anyone else down but I just can't pretend it's okay anymore.

I love that your being authentic.
I don't exactly fix the church mold. I have tuned into the teaching about not being conformed to the world, being lead by the Holy Spirit, God's creation having so much variety that his people will have variety as well. That Christ is in me and that is my hope of glory not conforming to a monolithic church ideal that I'm not even sure is Biblical thru and thru.
I do focus on being a friend to every one I meet. To love them and no be their judge. This attitude has brought me some amazing experiences over the last few years. Just this weekend I offered to talk to a lady who I learned at spent quite of abit of time in the pagan community. As we were talking back and forth I shared how God revealed an understanding of the trinity to me when I was in Jr. High. For all eternity the Father Son and Holy Spirit loved each other before they decided to create the universe. She was so touched by that and got it because she had all these triads in her life. Starting with her and 2 sisters growing up. Being myself and finding that it was also the leading of the Holy Spirit is so neat.

SO let the fullness of God be in you and let it flow out of you as well.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to give God the praise...

For a number of years now I've wanted The Worship Network Psalms Collection Complete Series volumes 1-4 on DVD but I found out it was no longer in print. As a result people were charging exorbitant prices for the series when it was originally only $30. The highest I've seen it go for is $180+. Last time I checked, Amazon was selling it for $99. So over the years I'd check around from time to time and if it wasn't overpriced it wouldn't be there at all. Well last week I was sitting at my computer and I distinctly heard in my spirit to go check ebay for this item. So I did and there it was the complete series VG for $1.99 + $2.99 shipping! I couldn't believe it, a total of $4.99! I kept reading the listing because I thought it was a mistake but it was no mistake. So I ordered the item and got it today. Until I opened the package and looked at all the discs, I still couldn't believe it. When I used to be able to get The Worship Network on my TV, I so enjoyed the Scriptures with beautiful nature scenes and peaceful music. I used to fall asleep to it all the time. I can't begin to express how I feel with God putting this item in my hands. God does things like this for me all the time and every single time He does it, He always blows my mind! I am so in awe of Him and I just want to thank Him profusely for doing this for me. I am so overjoyed, Thank you Lord!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's interesting to me how I have faith in God but not a lot of faith in people but something recently happened to make me rethink that. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical about people especially were money is concerned. Everybody is not a crook. There are some decent people out there and I'm always grateful when I encounter them...

Upvote 0

rubyinprogress

God's Daughter
Site Supporter
May 5, 2012
Texas
✟53,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am thankful for a long weekend and an opportunity to go see a movie tomorrow with a friend. Happy Resurrection weekend! It's Friday, but Sunday's comin'!!! I am also thankful for green grass. That sounds silly, but I spent most of my life in a desert (Arizona) and I really like living in Texas now (n of Houston). We had a lot of rain a couple of days ago but yesterday and today the sun is shining, the sky is soooo blue and the grass is soooo green...it's like someone turned up the volume on the colors!!!

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished off a package of corn chips and cheese dip, yum! Can't sleep, I had too much iced tea to drink yesterday. I attended a baby shower and she got everything she could possibly need for that baby. I am happy for her. It was good to see her family. I did not really know her, but I know her parents, so I went on their behalf. It is their grandchild, so I am celebrating with them. It is a boy.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of despair - my last surviving parent was rushed to ER yesterday with a sudden onset of not being able to breathe. They think it's linked to her heart as her lungs had fluid in them, BP was 210/108. She will be 83 next week. The Docs today hinted at looking into heart failure as she has diabetes and she manages her high blood pressure with medication. Dad died last year just short of turning 83. She's a retired nurse and admitted today that she's still not feeling 100%. Add to the fact that issues not caused by me at work has resulted in my department being investigated for malpractice, coupled with the behaviour at this school is awful.

I'm holding on crying out to the Lord and I would momentarily receive peace but I'm not sure how long I can keep it together :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm holding on crying out to the Lord and I would momentarily receive peace but I'm not sure how long I can keep it together :(

Don't try to keep it together. Try to find a place and some time to cry or whatever you need to do.

I have struggled for many years with not being able to release emotion. It causes so many emotional, psychological, spiritual, and physical problems. A doctor recently told me, "Don't try to be a hero. You don't have to be strong."

I'm praying for you in your situations and your family. The best you can do is be there for each other and take care of yourselves as best as you can.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I really like living in Texas now (n of Houston). We had a lot of rain a couple of days ago but yesterday and today the sun is shining, the sky is soooo blue and the grass is soooo green...it's like someone turned up the volume on the colors!!!

I had surgery the week before you posted this and just now noticed this part of the post.

I grew up about three hours north of Houston. It is a very beautiful part of the world. Also, if you go south to Galveston Island, it is so fun there! If you ride the ferry between the island and mainland, you can often see dolphins.

Enjoy Texas countryside for me!

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Don't try to keep it together. Try to find a place and some time to cry or whatever you need to do.

I have struggled for many years with not being able to release emotion. It causes so many emotional, psychological, spiritual, and physical problems. A doctor recently told me, "Don't try to be a hero. You don't have to be strong."

I'm praying for you in your situations and your family. The best you can do is be there for each other and take care of yourselves as best as you can.
Thank you so much. I'm very much like you - raising two kids on my own almost fools us into thinking that we have to put on a brave face when inside we're just crumbling.

It is always a good thing to receive a reminder that some circumstances means that it's ok to call for help.

I'm in work tomorrow but they've allowed me to leave early as mum has insisted to remain in her house and not stay at mine again.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Lotuspetal ... HUGZ
Just know that I heard you .. Sorry I don't have any words that will help.
Brother Dayhiker, thank you so much - very much appreciated

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0