Whats on your mind...?!

May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Laugh....cry....share...just whatever really! :)

I looked, but couldnt see one of these threads in this section, so thought would add one! :)

I shall start off...

Laughing so hard that you are literally crying....which then leads to coughing so much you need to take your asthma inhaler!! :D Ahhh, I needed that today! :D

May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
glad you had such a good laugh and that you had a asthma inhaler to save your life hah.

whats on my mind is that I wish I could shred like these Olympic ski racers. amazing. ill be sad when the Olympics are over.

Lol, yah....asthma inhalers are kinda handy to have around! :D

As for skiing, I havnt watched any of the Olympics this year, but Ive seen them race like that before, maaan they are fast!! Ive only ever skied once...when I was about maybe 17 years old..aaaand I'm so unco I spent most my time flat on mah butt! Was a good laugh tho! :D

Upvote 0

Dan the Man

spoice
Nov 20, 2004
✟2,513.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Lol, yah....asthma inhalers are kinda handy to have around! :D

As for skiing, I havnt watched any of the Olympics this year, but Ive seen them race like that before, maaan they are fast!! Ive only ever skied once...when I was about maybe 17 years old..aaaand I'm so unco I spent most my time flat on mah butt! Was a good laugh tho! :D

i grew up in the foothills of the sierra Nevada mountains so skiing and snowboarding were big. i broke a lot of bones trying to be a daredevil but that's part of the experience. if you don't end up on your butt a few times youre doing it worng.

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i grew up in the foothills of the sierra Nevada mountains so skiing and snowboarding were big. i broke a lot of bones trying to be a daredevil but that's part of the experience. if you don't end up on your butt a few times youre doing it worng.

I reckon even if I lived somewhere like that, I woulda been too chicken to be a daredevil! :D I only ever broke one bone...my ankle. Christmas day when I was about 12 years old, my parents gave me a pair of roller skates. We lived on a street that had a fairly steep hill. (yeeeah, you can see whats comin, huh! :D) I fell, twisted my ankle, landed on the ground and screamed loud enough that the I had the whole neighbourhood out the front of their houses lookin' at me! :D My Dad folded down the back seat in his old station wagon, and put me in the back. I spent the day at Emergency Dept at hospital with my Mum. They were sooooo glad they got me rollerskates for Christmas! ^_^ Plaster and crutches for 6 weeks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sedonarose

Jun 24, 2010
AZ
✟15,396.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Good idea for a thread, Mama Dory :)

Dark Winter, what is a candy holiday? I may need to move where you are so I can justify stuffing my face with chocolate :D

Hmm, so what is on my mind? Probably like most days, my dear Jim. Also, thinking of what I should make tomorrow for the women's ministry potluck at church.

Upvote 0

sedonarose

Jun 24, 2010
AZ
✟15,396.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Very cute pictures, Mama Dory.

Here is a picture of my late husband, Jim, and I in the Channel Islands just a few months before he passed. Such a fun trip!

Attachments

• 380951_2950882649571_590379428_n.jpg
    380951_2950882649571_590379428_n.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
worms were a different day. today it was mostly wonka. and I'm finished. I just get candy munchies whenever there is a candy holiday.

and your day?

Ive never heard of a "candy holiday"! Whats this "candy holiday", of which you speak? :D

Days not been too bad thanks. Quiet apart from picking up and dropping kids off, and grocery shopping etc.

Its 6:32pm here. Just got back from picking my eldest son up from work.

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good idea for a thread, Mama Dory :)

Dark Winter, what is a candy holiday? I may need to move where you are so I can justify stuffing my face with chocolate :D

Hmm, so what is on my mind? Probably like most days, my dear Jim. Also, thinking of what I should make tomorrow for the women's ministry potluck at church.

Here is a picture of my late husband, Jim, and I in the Channel Islands just a few months before he passed. Such a fun trip!

Thanks! :) Thought it might be good to have a "Whats on your mind" for the "Mature Singles" section. I sooooo struggle with that name..."Mature Singles".... makes me think of people who are MUCH older than all of us that post here! We are all spring chickens.... just some of us have a few dodgy springs! :D

*blushes again* Thanks for your lufferly words about my pics :)

What a lovely photo of you and Jim! So glad you have such wonderful memories to treasure of your time together! :hug: :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am soooooo stubborn! My "new" car has bluetooth on it....so I was determined to connect my phone to it, so that I can play music. I am very techy "illiterate". I sat in the car for aaages, flicking thru the gazillion options (my last car was almost 20 years old and had the old tape player in it..with only a couple of buttons :D), changing things, and it still wouldnt "pair up"! I was getting very frustrated....but persistance paid off! I did it! :clap: *does happy dance*

Upvote 0

Doctor Strangelove

Oct 5, 2012
United States
✟16,773.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great about getting the Bluetooth working! It is nice to have. If I have to make a phone call while driving, I just push a button on the steering wheel and say who I want to call. I have TuneIn Radio on my phone and also my tablet. I can stream radio stations from all over the world. I can play the audio through the car stereo. I really enjoy that.

Upvote 0

Dan the Man

spoice
Nov 20, 2004
✟2,513.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Dan the Man, I love to watch the Olympics too. Watching the Ladies' Figure Skating right now. They really are amazing athletes.

yes I feel guilty when I watch figure skating because the whole time I am secretly hopeing they fall just to make it more exciting. ill be sad when the Olympics are over since they are one of the only things keeping me sane the last couple weeks.
im sorry you lost your husband.

Upvote 0

Dan the Man

spoice
Nov 20, 2004
✟2,513.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I am soooooo stubborn! My "new" car has bluetooth on it....so I was determined to connect my phone to it, so that I can play music. I am very techy "illiterate". I sat in the car for aaages, flicking thru the gazillion options (my last car was almost 20 years old and had the old tape player in it..with only a couple of buttons :D), changing things, and it still wouldnt "pair up"! I was getting very frustrated....but persistance paid off! I did it! :clap: *does happy dance*

glad you got it working. I know nothing about technolody. ive never even had a cell phone.

Upvote 0

CajunQueen

Nov 25, 2008
Lake Charles, LA
✟15,538.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican

Great picture, Sedona! My hubby is also what's on my mind.

2812_89557806102_2365799_n.jpg

Upvote 0