What's on your mind? LSHO version :) (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Geeky girl and Tins, I have a fb group on walking/running 400 miles this year, would you both be interested? Its about fitness and motivation to get stronger and healthier.

Let me know.

(I posted this in the other thread and it split...so I thought I write it here just in case you ladies miss it).

Upvote 0

HIS Geeky Girl

Jan 24, 2013
✟440.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The elliptical looks deceptively easy! "Oh, you just climb on and run smoooothly in place, right?" Pfffft. What nobody tells you is that, unlike a treadmill, YOU power the thing, and you have to lift your entire body weight with each pedaling motion, and if you're not a thin wisp of a girl, it's ridiculously hard! A great workout, sure, but I can walk for miles without a problem, I can even jog for short distances, but after just... well... I won't say how long... on the elliptical, I'm panting and dying for oxygen! And my legs are all quivery and jellied with the effort lol.

So, given the choice between a treadmill and elliptical (and they might be more comparable for a skinny chick)... I'd choose a treadmill just because I can actually survive a few miles on there lol. I did read that you don't get the same workout benefits on a treadmill though, because you aren't propelling your body forward as if you were walking down the street, the treadmill does it for you, so you don't work your calves and butt as much. So I dunno. Maybe I'd stick with the Murderous Elliptical just because it works me harder, even though I feel like a dork for barely surviving a minute or two on it.

Ethnog, I'm not on FB much, but thank you for the offer :)

Upvote 0

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have some good friends that I've had through the years. Moving away or focusing on different things made some friendships just fade I suppose. My best friend and I could probably go a few weeks or a month without talking but we do seem to try to at least see each other a few times a month. I know I'm gonna miss her when she leaves someday, I feel that we will be friends forever, but I know that distance sometimes separates friendships. I have another good friend where we only hang out on a rare occation sometimes not even in a year and sometimes once a month or a few times a month. We are more distant due to it, but I think we are both okay with just being friends regardless of how long it is inbetween hanging out. I don't actually hang out with friends in person often except a few of them.
It is always good to make new friends and to keep old friends if they are willing to be friends.
I think I am sometimes not a great friend because I often don't make the first move to hang out (except with one of my friends who never makes a move).
Anyway this is on my mind because of what you guys were just talking about. I'm gonna hang out with one of my old friends today though! I ask her each week if she's interested in going bike riding or hiking! ^_^ Fortunately she loves those things too.

I think this is the longest post I've made on CF. :D

Upvote 0

HIS Geeky Girl

Jan 24, 2013
✟440.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't kept in touch with any "old" friends (like high school/college) really. I'd love to make a new best friend, but unless God arranges that, I'm content with how things are :) I don't have a big need to socialize or talk to someone, so I'm a good loner.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to keep up with friends; the ones that matter anyway. One of my faults (or strengths ) is that I'm too loyal. If I sense that someone is trying to distance themselves for whatever reason then I respect that. And if I know they are busy with life, I respect that too. But, I can be totally happy with and at peace just myself and my husband. Friendship is a 2 way street; I always find it amusing when one person is willing to destroy a positive friendship, get ugly about it, and strike out with allegations of another friend ignoring them when it's what they themselves do and show to others. I've seen that happen in other person's friendships and I got to experience that happy little scenario last year. It makes no sense to me. People are weird. It's just proof that they harbored something unfriendly to begin with and makes me regret the time I spent investing into them. After the aftermath of that I view people differently and am hesitant to get that close friendwise to anyone. I'm sure I'm making someone else mad with how I'm not ecstatic to share myself in friendship how they think I should. But, I kinda don't care. I'm greatly loved; I greatly love back; my world doesn't end b/c I don't have a best friend or close friends. I have friends that I do admire greatly and would do anything for and I hope they know who they are. It is what it is and I have to heal from caring too much about someone that didn't really matter. slowly and cautiously from now on out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Waiting for the oven to warm up. Garlic knots in first, then pizza, then breadsticks. Garlic knots were a solution to a far too large batch of breadstick dough. Next time I'll just halve the recipe. You live, you learn, and you eat garlic knots. ^_^

Edit: If I ever make garlic knots again I'll probably use the recipe I use for pizza dough.
These turned out far too crescent roll-ish for my liking. The ones I usually have are less fluffy. I haven't eaten them yet though, so the verdict is still out. I might like these better.

Edit 2: Fluffier garlic knots it is! Yummm...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HotRhymez

Patrick Star
Aug 7, 2004
Watching you
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive decided I am not going to let people get to me. . Im not going to let them make me jealous or whatever. I am a very healthy, trustworthy awesome friend and if anyone doesnt believe it they are wrong and it is their loss. Im not going to let them win. I am Hotrhymez and I am an awesome, healthy friend :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am eating high protein pancakes this morning...with strawberries, whipped cream, and of course, real VT maple syrup. The snow has just begun and it's so fine that I can barely see it. That usually means we're getting a lot. As the old Indian saying goes, Big flake, little snow, little flake, big snow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIS Geeky Girl

Jan 24, 2013
✟440.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Lucky you, Tins! I'm south of you and just getting rain :( Bleh. I'd much rather be looking at beautiful, fluffy, white snow.

Trying to decide on lunch. I'm doing a 40 day vegetarian fast, so thinking a nice bean mix with oil, some raw bell peppers (my favorite!), maybe throw in some spinach? Weird concoction, I know lol. Good thing chocolate is vegetarian :D Dessert is a must-have!

Upvote 0

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's raining here today!!!! I love rain! ^_^ It sounds like the birds outside like it as well.

It's interesting how a night of sleep is so much nicer after working hard than if I hadn't worked hard the day before.

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have gotten a tiny bit of snow...it is very fine, which usually means there will be a lot more than usual. The two storm systems have combined and are now headed straight towards us. It'll start soon enough!

I am making these for dinner tonight: Breakfast Potatoes

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We have gotten a tiny bit of snow...it is very fine, which usually means there will be a lot more than usual. The two storm systems have combined and are now headed straight towards us. It'll start soon enough!

I am making these for dinner tonight: Breakfast Potatoes

Mmmm sounds good. Do you have a recipie for the pancakes?

I just started the rice and beans for the mexican rice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.