RandomNoob

Dec 3, 2012
✟469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's another Bruce gem fwiw:

Since I'm talking on defeat and sorrow, I might mention the saying which states that, "happiness is good for the body, but sorrow strengthens the spirit" In a time where everything goes well my mind is pampered with enjoyment, possessiveness, etc. Only it times of adversity, privation, or mishap does my mind function and think properly of my state. This close examination of self strengthens my mind and leads me to understand and be understood.

Upvote 0

RandomNoob

Dec 3, 2012
✟469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok...only a few more Bruce quotes and then I'm done with the Bruce kick I'm on. :) :

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education.

Self conquest is the greatest of victories

What is defeat? Nothing but education, nothing but the first step to something better.

false teachers of the way use flowery words

Genius
The capacity to express what is simple, simply!

Success is where aimless drifting ceases.

Faith is a state of mind that can be conditioned through discipline. Faith will accomplish.

Faith is the maintaining of the soul through which one's aims may be translated into their physical equivalent.

Upvote 0

somebodysangel_88

one day, I'll fly away.
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2008
Indiana.
✟481,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
281365_10151302119264561_964125589_n.jpg

Eeeeep! ^_^ I'm one VERY happy Kelly Clarkson fan right now :hoho:!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thinking about how I called my work earlier to ask when I start my shift in the morning and even though I was like, "I just want to know when I work so I know how much I can drink tonight..." and the manager was like, "Well you work at noon so don't drink too much, I need you." :p
I love the Welsh...
Honesty at its finest. :D

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So I go out to get much needed groceries at the store, leaving aware that some event at the school stadium is going on...but thinking, I still need groceries and I don't think parking will be a problem.

About an hour and a half later, I return. Getting into my lot took longer than expected...and as I was sitting at the intersection, guess whose car passes mine? HIS! (don't judge, it was kind of dark, but I know his plate number, and it was definitely his plate).

And of course, after I went around the wooden barrier to my lot that was erected (my car is small), both lots were a complete zoo!!!! Every darn spot taken; people were parked illegally, too. Currently, I'm parked in a red zone downstairs, so I'm going to have to run down and check on it periodically.....hate game day parking!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking about Christmas plans and the people I will have lunch with tomorrow.

Why do people only care about themselves so much?

Humans are truly despicable beings.

DaffyDuck.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neve
Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Moved my car.

If he liked me, then he would have asked me out by now. I know that there are lots of reasons not to date anyone right now - school commitments, no money, lots of stress, etc. But I should just throw in the towel. Next guy who asks me out will get a yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My brother is officially engaged! :clap: Weird...I've never gained another sis before, it's always been bro-in-laws. LOL.
Congrats to brother Spaulding!! :clap::clap::clap:

My knee is REALLY killing me tonight. Feels like I aggravated a ligament or something.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.