Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think mental strength alone carries that far.. lol.

Maybe he has better packed muscles. I know I'm a lot stronger than I look. I remember arm wrestling with some guys and they were amazed how well I did.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not sure what you mean by mental strength.

In high school many of the muscular guys could lift more weight than anyone. So, one day some of the guys without big muscles offered a challenge. The challenge was to see how many times you could bench just the bar by itself. The guys without big muscles won. (and it is funny to see a guy with big muscles needing help to lift just the bar--as a girl walks by)

Upvote 0

fromtheAsh

That one girl from that one website.
May 31, 2012
South Dakota
✟9,766.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Not sure what you mean by mental strength.

In high school many of the muscular guys could lift more weight than anyone. So, one day some of the guys without big muscles offered a challenge. The challenge was to see how many times you could bench just the bar by itself. The guys without big muscles won. (and it is funny to see a guy with big muscles needing help to lift just the bar--as a girl walks by)

People with larger muscles tend to be more built for larger weight for shorter amount of time.

Upvote 0

fromtheAsh

That one girl from that one website.
May 31, 2012
South Dakota
✟9,766.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Really? I didn't know that..

Maybe that was why I easily smoked my gym classmates when it came time to do pushups and pullups.

It depends on a lot of things, but that's usually the case. Obviously, there's point where no comparison could be made.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I was doing alright after a 25 mile hike at 11,000 to 14,000 feet whilst my 200 pound friend that's about as ripped as they come was getting nailed by it. In the end we both felt like throwing up and barely made it. But I did better since I was lighter I guess.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Doesn't being muscular mean the same thing as being strong? I'm confused, lol.

Nope, I have a mate who only weighs 185lbs or so, and can deadlift over 670lbs. (He may even be in the 700's now, I haven't seen him in a while.)

I trained with him in London a couple of years ago, and I've honestly never seen anything like it. I met him from a forum, so I'd never actually seen him prior to that point. So when he walked in, and introduced himself using his forum name, I was rather taken aback, because from the weights he posted on his training log, I was expecting this jacked up monster to walk in through the door.

I thought he was just spinning us all a yarn for all of this time, until I saw him go through his warm up routine. 400lb deadlift, in only his second or third set, and he must of pulled 20+ reps, easily.

My reply was: "Yeah, I'll just got for two on that... In about eight sets time."

Incredible session. I'll never forget it. I'll espechially never forget when we went out to eat afterwards, and ordered five litres of water with dinner. ^_^

Where is Reeses? I joined reddit. lol But, can't figure out how to post. ^_^

And you think I'll be any help? I can just about turn my laptop on without breaking anything. ^_^

Upvote 0

Tess

Not a tame Lion
Jan 12, 2015
England
✟10,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm supposed to be revising... I'm not!

At the conference that GirlonFire and I were at we got given a Bible to give to a man in our lives (last year they gave us a Bible for ourselves and this year we had a session focusing on men in the church). Anyway, I don't really feel called to give it to anyone at the moment, so I feel like I'm hanging on to it until I meet my future husband! Such a strange thought that this Bible will one day belong to him. Whoever I end up giving it to will probably think I'm nuts, haha!
So guys - would you think that's totally bizarre if your girlfriend/fiance did that? Or would that be sweet? (Hoping for sweet!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

At the conference that GirlonFire and I were at we got given a Bible to give to a man in our lives (last year they gave us a Bible for ourselves and this year we had a session focusing on men in the church). Anyway, I don't really feel called to give it to anyone at the moment, so I feel like I'm hanging on to it until I meet my future husband! Such a strange thought that this Bible will one day belong to him. Whoever I end up giving it to will probably think I'm nuts, haha!
So guys - would you think that's totally bizarre if your girlfriend/fiance did that? Or would that be sweet? (Hoping for sweet!)

that is so sweet of you :)

tell us more about your conference?

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

I think it would be sweet.

Upvote 0

Tess

Not a tame Lion
Jan 12, 2015
England
✟10,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh I'm so glad you all think so! Thanks for that guys!

I've been thinking like, well this is gonna be a weird moment when I produce this bible, like 'This is for you...' haha!

Rhamiel - It was great! Ummm lets see.. It's two days and one evening, with 10,000 women, run by hillsong but people from different denominations present. The men in the church run it all and do all the stewarding, which is nice. It's my third year at this conference. Uh, we had some great speakers (Beth Moore, Joyce Meyer) and some great messages - I'm sure some of them will still be influencing me in years to come. It's just such a great atmosphere, and I got to know some of the women in my church better. - And of course I met GirlonFire, who is awesome! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.