What would happen if same-sex marriage were legalised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I've evolved past some people.but my marriage is by far a lot more than a "sexual courthsip"..Well let me just say that within my marriage their is a bit of sexual courtship that occurs..but that is not what my marraige 'is".

And as far as Im concerned?That it "arose out of our form(is that what you said) out of procreation?Thats really odd..because I'm not planning at this point of haivng anymore children..my last one will be technically "grown" in 3 years(he'll be 18) and Im not planning on divorcing after that.Why not ?Im only 43 what would my marraige be for then OH ..more sex?.Not to mention our "sexual union" began when I was 14 and he was 16 ..including we accidentlaly "procreated" at that age and we werent married..

I actually think its sad..or lets just say Im glad..that I dont view my marriage as my vagina and my husbands penis..Last i checked we both had brains and emotions we actually have names too..(and not for our genitals..but for our whole selves as people) ..I dont reduce my marraige to nothing but a carnal lusting lump of burning flesh..(only when I have had to much to drink these days.:thumbsup:)...

That leads me to another creepy thought..but based on this principle of marriage..then the advantages I get from the government some of them financial...does that make me a governmental prostitute...

Is the government my pimp???

And if I stop letting my husband put his penis in my vagina do they cut my benefits? :confused:..

Dallas

I love you. In a non procreational sorta way. Not fhat I wouldnt, deer, umm, you have.that covered, so I wouldn't consider it. Cough. Get me outta this.....

Yiou are dead on target.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love you. In a non procreational sorta way. Not fhat I wouldnt, deer, umm, you have.that covered, so I wouldn't consider it. Cough. Get me outta this.....

Yiou are dead on target.

LOL!!! You mean you love me like a sister???;)

I'll take that! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Do you like Barney?(the purple dinosaur?) we can sing happy family together???:p

You have "phileos" love for me..

Dallas

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humans do not mate for life.

Only about 3 percent of the 4,000 mammal species are monogamous (and Homo sapiens isn’t one of them)

We are capable of it(mating with ONE person for life)..just as we are "capabe" of abstinence for life..due to our higher intelligence and free will combination..

I think most of us tend to be "monogomous" but more in the sense of "serial" monogomy"...

IOW more likely to have several "monogomous" relationships in our life time..But bonding too is a real phenomenon between a "mating "pair.I think its based individual to individual how strong that bond is..

(I feel like Im talking about a "specimen" ..I suppose thats what we are)..

Dallas

Upvote 0

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At least 100% of 0% of gays seeks to destroy the family unit.

By the definition of thd word in any dictionary, that comment defines you of being a bigot. this Is not a pejorative. This is.a.statement of linguistic fact. By the.way, did you not know being homosexual is not a sin, but homosexual sex is. Go study and test my claim. It really makes me angry when people show off the bigotry behind God, grrr

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL!!! You mean you love me like a sister???;)

I'll take that! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Do you like Barney?(the purple dinosaur?) we can sing happy family together???:p

You have "phileos" love for me..

Dallas

Well, technically since I don't think I know you, I can't claim phileo, but dang sure not Eros. Agapao would fit in, which is NOT defined as God's love, but rather an emotion that requires demonstration. It can be in either a bad way, or a.good way. I would stand with you, and. Have on this post. But, here I am typing intellectual stuff in another "God hates [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" forum. I should know by now, that maybe 2 people followed that.

:)
Bd

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And who are these fundies you allude to?

The ones who reduce marriage as essentially an "okay" from God to have as much heterosexual sex as they can handle (or rather as much as the husband can handle, because he's in charge...the wife must obey him at all costs.)

Upvote 0

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know? You gota point, these evil fundies. And, I wonder how they managed to.do that even 2k years before the birth.of Christ? Devious little skubalons, aren't they? The problem with folks who.toss the, again, by.definition of the word, bigotry around, is when they aren't omitting history they rewrite it. All so they.can continue to.emigrate a group of people and think.they have.an.excuse. the word in English for marriage has.only been around for 700 years. The committing two, together man and woman, has been around since written history at least. And you imply.somehow the fundies.started this..... no wonder they scare you you feel their POWER stretches beyond the portals of time itself. How could you compete with that?

I knew I.should have avoided.this place. Now I.have jumped both sides of the fight. But there is no greater crime, than one allow a.crime that had a chance to.stop it.

Look, they empty.and false hate lingering assertions do not work to a societal solution.

Funndies stop.with the.god.hates r [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] rhetoric unless you.belong to this.church, Wow. Godhates fans dot COMpany.

Atheist, gnostics, and those that in general pathostheistic, (hates the church), too including all
Of the.faith, into a.group to condemn them.

You guys are like a.group of petulant girls complaining that they ran out of ice cream at their sleepover.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is the human form of sexual courtship.

By defining marriage as above you have already denied marriage to heterosexual couples who are incapable of engaging in 'sexual courtship' for whatever reason.

Saying it's not fair that a man can't marry a man is like saying it's not fair that you can't have square circles.
Surely you can recognize the difference between the malleable rules of man-made social institutions and the invariant laws of mathematical geometry? Your comparison here is the only thing that's 'square circles'.

Same sex attraction in males is a developmental disorder that develops in childhood.
What's disorderly about it KC?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gishin, the only differences between a black and white man are superficial. There are huge differences between a male and female. Limiting who may marry is different from redefining marriage. You know that.

The OP is disingenuous. By definition, marriage is a man & woman. So a better question is "why redefine marriage?"

Because the definition no longer justifies itself.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By the definition of thd word in any dictionary, that comment defines you of being a bigot. this Is not a pejorative. This is.a.statement of linguistic fact. By the.way, did you not know being homosexual is not a sin, but homosexual sex is. Go study and test my claim. It really makes me angry when people show off the bigotry behind God, grrr
100% of 0% is 0.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't worry too much, Harry. Actual science is winning over lysenkoist propaganda as psychologists come up with more understanding and better therapies for SSA. Over the next few years you'll see the kind of banter you're engaging quietly shelved away as absurd, nutty political activism for an irrational, lost cause.

Homosexuality101

Psychologists are coming up with 'therapies' to treat conditions that aren't even reconigised as pathological? Next you'll be telling me of 'therapies' aimed at treating left-handedness so as to pander to the superstitions of those who believe that being sinistral is evil. :doh: That's exactly what these so-called therapies are, by the way, a concession given to the superstitious to allay their baseless fears. Given that you have denied that homosexuals are capable of loving relationships I'm unsurprised that you fall into that category of superstitious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.