What video games are you currently playing?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looking at the new Mario movie. The CG is really good... although Mario's face looks off... the voices are not good... although I will admit I do find Jack Black voicing Bowser amusing.

While the games are fun and creative... the stories within them are pretty generic... so like whatever, I guess. I might casually watch this if it pops up on Netflix or something. I mainly like to see it.. and imagine what kind of graphics Mario games may have in the future.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I liked seeing the penguin army in the Mario trailer. As for BOTW, I just beat the main game and a few side quests. I'm not normally one to finish every side quest but I understand doing that if you really enjoy the game a ton.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I liked seeing the penguin army in the Mario trailer. As for BOTW, I just beat the main game and a few side quests. I'm not normally one to finish every side quest but I understand doing that if you really enjoy the game a ton.

How long did it take you to beat BOTW, at least the main portion?

For some reason... if I want to complete a game, I feel compelled to try to do everything in it. Probably something to do with OCD, lol.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How long did it take you to beat BOTW, at least the main portion?

For some reason... if I want to complete a game, I feel compelled to try to do everything in it. Probably something to do with OCD, lol.
My Switch says 55 hours or more. That's me doing the main game and at least one of the main side quests, where you build Tarrey Town.

That could definitely be an OCD thing. Or maybe you like going back to the same game... like you value the comfortable familiarity. Similar to how some people can watch their favorite show several times through.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Might play some Ghosts Of Tusihima
My Switch says 55 hours or more. That's me doing the main game and at least one of the main side quests, where you build Tarrey Town.

That could definitely be an OCD thing. Or maybe you like going back to the same game... like you value the comfortable familiarity. Similar to how some people can watch their favorite show several times through.

Interesting. I'm about 45 hours in and haven't even completed the first dungeon. Although I tend to be pretty slow in video games. Exploring every nook and cranny.

The familiarity can be nice. Seems like it's quite the nature game. Kind of like Red Dead Redemption 2, without the nice graphics. The game is also prone to a lot of (sub-30FPS) slowdown. But it can look beautiful in its own way at times. Although I think the game would be much better if it was designed for more modern hardware.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Might play some Ghosts Of Tusihima

Interesting. I'm about 45 hours in and haven't even completed the first dungeon. Although I tend to be pretty slow in video games. Exploring every nook and cranny.

The familiarity can be nice. Seems like it's quite the nature game. Kind of like Red Dead Redemption 2, without the nice graphics. The game is also prone to a lot of (sub-30FPS) slowdown. But it can look beautiful in its own way at times. Although I think the game would be much better if it was designed for more modern hardware.
On this site it says main + side quests is about 100 hours. Some people find ways to get a lot more time out of it though.

How long is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? | HowLongToBeat

BOTW has a pretty good atmosphere. Nintendo manages to do a lot with art style and charming characters. <(^.^<)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sad to hear about Adam Sessler's meltdown on Twitter... whatever it is... lol.

Not too sad about the end of the revival of G4.. X-play really isn't X-play without Morgan Webb around too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Resident Evil 4 remake looks really good. The level of geometry in the game feels like a real step up. Even good looking PS4 games looked kind of flat... this looks much more rounded.

So happy this new generation looks to be starting to get games that are taking advantage of the new hardware.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another power outage.. another Ps5 improperly shut off.

Honestly it does seem to do some things to the console.. but eventually it works itself out and starts working normally again. Probably good I wasn't playing it at the time.. I like put it in sleep mode 10 minutes before the power cut off. Initially had some problem loading games, but I think that was an internet connection issue. It's working fine now.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Another power outage.. another Ps5 improperly shut off.

Honestly it does seem to do some things to the console.. but eventually it works itself out and starts working normally again. Probably good I wasn't playing it at the time.. I like put it in sleep mode 10 minutes before the power cut off. Initially had some problem loading games, but I think that was an internet connection issue. It's working fine now.
Get a UPS for your console, and other electronics, that's what I do/did, and shut it down completely each and every single time, that way, even if it is on, or you are in the middle of playing, you can still shut it down safely if there is a power outage, and not risk any kind of damage to your system.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Get a UPS for your console, and other electronics, that's what I do/did, and shut it down completely each and every single time, that way, even if it is on, or you are in the middle of playing, you can still shut it down safely if there is a power outage, and not risk any kind of damage to your system.

God Bless!

I hear you.

I actually bought a UPS several months ago. Although I kind of cheaped out and realized the specs might not be enough to run everything going on in my entertainment system. Should probably invest in a proper UPS. All I have right now is a decent surge protector.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I hear you.

I actually bought a UPS several months ago. Although I kind of cheaped out and realized the specs might not be enough to run everything going on in my entertainment system. Should probably invest in a proper UPS. All I have right now is a decent surge protector.
As long as it's enough for your game system, and your TV so you can still see, it should be enough. I bought one off Amazon, and paid 90 bucks for it I think.

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As long as it's enough for your game system, and your TV so you can still see, it should be enough. I bought one off Amazon, and paid 90 bucks for it I think.

God Bless!

Hopefully. I think I paid around 80 for mine. It'd be the PS5, Nintendo Switch and a 55 inch 4K TV. I forget what the product was rated for. I'd like to at least have some overhead.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pilot Wings 64. Fun so far. Doesn't seem like gliding or jetpack mechanics in gaming has changed very much since 1996. Besides the camera being a little less than ideal... but other than that the game feels pretty great to play.

Also, something about video game music from the mid-1990s. Very nostalgic for me.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

I guess I'm just a sucker for always buying these games when they release. Really hope this title doesn't hammer in the wokeness like the last one did. I mean.. I can understand representation... but it seemed like every single line of dialog was just incredibly preachy.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Batman Arkhan Night. Stuck on the last part where Arkham Knight is chasing the Batmobile through the sewers. You have to lure him to the bombs that are set in the tunnels but there are hang-ups getting to the bomb sites like a blockage in the tunnels you have to avoid. When you get stopped you get caught by Arkham Knight who is right on your tail. I've been stuck on that for weeks so I play the side missions to keep from getting too frustrated.

I feel like if I'm playing a game that frustrates me to the point of aggravation, I am no longer enjoying the game and I should turn it off or change games. Hence the weeks-long attempts. I have a hard time giving up but who wants to be aggravated by their entertainment?

I came up from the Space Invaders/pong era and my coordination is just not the same as the kids who grew up on Xbox/Playstation. I look at videos of people doing what seems to be superhuman on their consoles. Puts me to shame really and they're only like 14.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

I guess I'm just a sucker for always buying these games when they release. Really hope this title doesn't hammer in the wokeness like the last one did. I mean.. I can understand representation... but it seemed like every single line of dialog was just incredibly preachy.
Dialogue in the game or dialogue from other players?

Upvote 0