What video games are you currently playing?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's great... just bought a pricey violin in Animal Crossing. Went into my house to place the item down and it disappears into the void.

Seems like some of my other items mysteriously go away too in my storage.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Been playing "A Plague Tale: Innocence". It's good, I guess. I can see why so many people compare it to "Last of Us". But really, after playing it a lot, you know what it reminds me of that I've never seen the comparison to? "Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey". It takes itself way more serious than that old game, but the gameplay is just like it. You have followers that you direct with the directional pad. You kill enemy soldiers that you're no match for in a fight using the environment... And then they even break up the leading sequences and puzzle sequences with chase sequences. A staple of the Oddworld games.

But there's lots of "Last of Us" too. I guess this is what you get if Abe and Ellie have a baby in 11th century France, lol.

I can't get into the story like I could with Last of Us though because the graphics, while good, aren't quite there. I'm looking forward to the next generation of consoles that pulls off facial animations with ease. Characters need animated eye brows to build empathy for them. That's why nobody cares about killing fish, 'cause fish ain't got no eyebrows.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,528.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The leaked footage of Grand Theft Auto 6 has made me more excited for this game. Seems amazing that this title is actually finally being developed. I know Rockstar doesn't like the leaks... and I can understand some of the concerns... but I think for many it's added to the hype and anticipation.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just bought the newest pack for Sims 4. I have all the DLC installed. It has cost me over $1000 total. Yikes!

Yikes. I know a guy who spent 400 dollars on one car model in a video game. Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2. Haven't played this one in a wild. Good for mindless fun.

Sad to hear that the remake for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 will probably not happen. That's by far my favorite entry in the series. Have fond memories of playing that game as a kid. I'd love to see a modern version being released on the PS5.

Oh well.. I guess it's not meant to be. Just like that Advanced Wars 1+2 remake that seems like it's never going to come out.. even though that game is already finished.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The leaked footage of Grand Theft Auto 6 has made me more excited for this game. Seems amazing that this title is actually finally being developed. I know Rockstar doesn't like the leaks... and I can understand some of the concerns... but I think for many it's added to the hype and anticipation.
It's been in development for a long time. The leaked footage was from old versions of the game. Don't get too excited though, it's still going to be a couple years at least seeing as how Rockstar hasn't even done an official reveal trailer at all yet.

I guess Rockstar caught a bunch of flack recently for their "crunch-culture" and how hard they are on employees towards the end of the development of a game, so they're cutting back on that, which means we've got an extra long wait.

• Informative
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Started Earthbound yesterday. A very creative game, especially for the SNE As generation. Believe I watch a Let's Play of this game before.. but I don't remember much of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Earthbound.

Funny reading reviews of this game when it first came out.. they complained about the graphics not being good. I guess.. I can't really tell the difference between this and other SNES games. I mean.. I guess it has a more simplistic look.. but I viewed that more as a style than anything.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
More Earthbound. Enjoying this game much more than I thought I would. Kind of want to get more into RPGs. Probably a genre I've played very little in my life. For the value of games back then.. RPGs seemed to punch way above other games of the time.

Upvote 0