Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Call me an incomplete vegetarian. I don't usually eat a lot of meat anyway, and at one time I was a full-time vegetarian. However, I have been known to give into temptation on occasion. I spend about half the year on a vegan diet (for religious reasons). When I fail at that, it is because I have a weakness for dairy and eggs.

I would love to be more deliberate about being healthy with it- but I know I'm lactose intolerant (I only discovered this after going vegan for a while)- I have a huge suspicion that I would feel a lot better if I cut out the gluten- and my sister is convinced that I have interstitial cystitis like she does (if I do I don't want to know because then I really won't be able to eat anything). So, I'm going to attempt to cut out the gluten and the lactose and then see what else I can eat without issues before committing to a complete vegetarian way of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love233

Aug 15, 2007
✟12,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Just wanted to see how many "true" vegetarians there are. Are you a full blown vegan, a lactate vegetarian(like me), or just a partial vegetarian. :p
recent vegan, never felt better. two good causes, health and loving animals

Upvote 0

alwayswithyou

always with you
Apr 5, 2010
chicago, il
✟7,647.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Just wanted to see how many "true" vegetarians there are. Are you a full blown vegan, a lactate vegetarian(like me), or just a partial vegetarian. :p
i don't eat anything that once was alive.
i have no problem with dairy products, so
long as the cows from where the milk came
are being treated kindly.

i just refuse to eat anything that has a face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 15, 2011
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm what you would call an "incomplete" vegetarian. I eat veggie burgers most of the time, and I looove fish and dairy, but I haven't really eaten a real "animal" in a while. Occasionally I'll have some sausage pizza or a burger but nothing more. I'm trying to limit my intake of any mammal types of animals.

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm a meat eating vegetarian. I could never survive without having meat as part of my diet. We weren't designed to. Two of my kids went through the faze of giving up meat. Fortunately, they came to their senses in short order and are now back to being full-fledged omnivores.

Upvote 0

Beccafly

Jan 6, 2010
Virginia
✟15,336.00
Faith
Christian
My favourite food is Falafel, in Pita bread with Salad and Humous :)

Falafel for the win!

I'm a pescovegetarian-I can't give up chicken or seafood (and wouldn't want to) But I only get chicken if I knew the chicken was treated well (i.e. we raise our chickens or I know the farmer etc), fish eh.

Other than that, I rarely eat anything with egg in it, I'm allergic to dairy so I don't consume it and most of what I eat is either Vegetarian or Vegan. I eat meat at most 3 times a week and even then in small amounts.

Upvote 0