Farmington
✟23,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I went out into a vacant field with no lights and observed the phenomenon today. I didn't have glasses, but was able to view directly when it was total, and was praying and praising God leading up to it, and afterwards. There was no end of the world, nuclear attack, or any other craziness. And, the rapture did not occur.

I didn't take these, but they are pics from today.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 3.58.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-08 3.56.12 PM.png

I only saw Venus & Jupiter. And what's the 6th inner planet? Earth is the 6th, and a comet ain't a planet - LoL

Screenshot 2024-04-08 4.05.27 PM.png

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
-

With talk of many people saying this is a spiritual experience, looks like many are worshiping the creation instead of The Creator.

Sadly there are probably a lot of pagans doing this. I was in awe of the absolute precision GOD made with the Moon & the Sun, and the Moon being the exact distance to fit just like that and cause that beautiful ring about it. There's so much sky up there: so much space; it's not simple chance that they align like that.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟81,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went out into a vacant field with no lights and observed the phenomenon today. I didn't have glasses, but was able to view directly when it was total, and was praying and praising God leading up to it, and afterwards. There was no end of the world, nuclear attack, or any other craziness. And, the rapture did not occur.

I didn't take these, but they are pics from today.

View attachment 345494
View attachment 345495

I only saw Venus & Jupiter. And what's the 6th inner planet? Earth is the 6th, and a comet ain't a planet - LoL

View attachment 345496
There are only four inner (terrestrial) planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars, so whomever labeled the photo did not do a good job. :)

But yeah, the moon is 1/400th the size of the sun, but the sun is 400x larger, meaning both objects appear the same apparent size in the sky. No other planet in the solar system have moons that perfectly cover up the sun in a way to show the sun's corona, the stellar atmosphere. We do not have any information on eclipses outside of the solar system in exoplanetary systems (other star systems with planets), but a perfect eclipse is exceedingly rare. God must have given us this perfect planet where eclipses show the sun's corona.

Article: How Rare Are Total Solar Eclipses... Really?

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
There are only four inner (terrestrial) planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars, so whomever labeled the photo did not do a good job. :)

But yeah, the moon is 1/400th the size of the sun, but the sun is 400x larger, meaning both objects appear the same apparent size in the sky. No other planet in the solar system have moons that perfectly cover up the sun in a way to show the sun's corona, the stellar atmosphere. We do not have any information on eclipses outside of the solar system in exoplanetary systems (other star systems with planets), but a perfect eclipse is exceedingly rare. God must have given us this perfect planet where eclipses show the sun's corona.

Article: How Rare Are Total Solar Eclipses... Really?

I think they meant to say "visible planets" because there are really only 4 inner, and now 4 outer, though I still say 5 as Pluto was a planet I grew up with, so it should never have been demoted. Plus Pluto is really cool, no pun intended..

Screenshot 2024-04-08 6.25.21 PM.png

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟81,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think they meant to say "visible planets" because there are really only 4 inner, and now 4 outer, though I still say 5 as Pluto was a planet I grew up with, so it should never have been demoted. Plus Pluto is really cool, no pun intended..

View attachment 345508
Yeah, a sad day when Pluto was demoted. I was too young to remember that (happened in 2006).

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, a sad day when Pluto was demoted. I was too young to remember that (happened in 2006).

And then they had New Horizons go by it in 2015. The irony of it is: that probe was launched January 19, 2006, and Pluto was demoted on August 24, 2006!
On Charon those light colored spots on better enlargements are Aztec Temple shape! I don't have access to my old stuff

Screenshot 2024-04-08 6.59.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 7.02.11 PM.png

I was singing this song in the half hour before the eclipse, with the other lines too: Jesus is risen from the dead, He's coming back to judge the world,
"Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth,
Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth,
Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Lord,
Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth."

(I forgot this verse)
Jesus is living in His church,
Jesus is living in His church;
Jesus is living, Jesus is living,
Jesus is living in His church.

(I made up my own words here - hey, it's been many years since that's even been played in a worship service I been in!)
He’s coming back to claim His own,
He’s coming back, He’s coming back
He’s coming back to claim His own.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟81,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And then they had New Horizons go by it in 2015. The irony of it is: that probe was launched January 19, 2006, and Pluto was demoted on August 24, 2006!
On Charon those light colored spots on better enlargements are Aztec Temple shape! I don't have access to my old stuff

View attachment 345510View attachment 345511

I was singing this song in the half hour before the eclipse, with the other lines too: Jesus is risen from the dead, He's coming back to judge the world,
"Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth,
Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth,
Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Lord,
Jesus is Lord of heav’n and earth."

(I forgot this verse)
Jesus is living in His church,
Jesus is living in His church;
Jesus is living, Jesus is living,
Jesus is living in His church.

(I made up my own words here - hey, it's been many years since that's even been played in a worship service I been in!)
He’s coming back, He’s coming back
He’s coming back to claim His own.

I remember the flyby of New Horizons, in July 2015. Also, cool song sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums