Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The option I picked was "incomplete vegetarian" since I will not eat mammals or poultry, but I will eat fish. I also abstain from products containing gelatin and I only eat organic seafood and dairy products that come from humane sources.

Upvote 0

Brittanyeah

Vegetarian.
Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
✟8,586.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Vegan and proud. Don't think I can ever go back.

Good for you!

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian.
I don't drink milk and eat eggs straight up but I can eat things that have them cooked in it like bread and cheese. I stay away from it though, especially eggs. I eat absolutely no meat though, including fish..

fish are animals too..
;]

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
lacto-ovo here, though I do plan on dropping the lacto part eventually...

I was waiting in line at a coffee shop recently and a man was asking the guy behind the counter if there was anything without meat in it in the snacks windows (pastries and sandwiches and such) apparently there wasn't, so I tapped the man on the hsoulder and directed him to a place in the food court nearby that did a good vegetarian pizza :D

I figure we vegetarians have to stick together and help each other out ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laughterlines

Mar 5, 2009
Southern Ontario, Canada
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
I'm a strict vegetarian(I don't eat any animal products), and I strive in my life to be a true vegan(meaning I don't use animal products or support companies that exploit animals) but it's not always easy.
I'm glad that there's alot of vegetarians here though :D

Upvote 0

silscr

_
Apr 19, 2009
✟19,280.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey all! I just recently became Vegan too
This is my fifth day, and I'm loving it! I feel great
I'm losing some extra weight that I put on and I'm feeling really good!
I'm a complete Vegan. I don't eat any type of animal, but I don't see anything wrong with those that do eat meat. I just preferred this new way of eating and I'm very happy :)

Thanks for this thread :thumbsup:!

Upvote 0

fiveqs

May 17, 2009
Northeast Indiana
✟15,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Wife and I have been Vegan for over a year now with our thirteen year old Daughter joining us more recently. My blood pressure was quite high (168/113) so I originally cut out salt and started eating light when I had some really funky chicken. I thought, "there is something very wrong here", and looked it up online. First found out what they're doing with chickens these days, followed by the horrendous things that are being done to all meat (and other use) animals. Also reading about treating High blood pressure treatments I went vegetarian. Then after figuring out that dairy and eggs is bad too (and finding out what they do with dairy cows (both chemically and by inhumane treatment) I went Vegan. About a week later, after watching many videos and reading up, I watched the movie "Earthlings" (I felt like it was my duty to know) after watching it I knew I was Vegan permanently. My Wife went Vegan too, tho She couldn't watch it. A month later the BP was down to 120/79. Amazing. A couple months after that the police came to our home (at 2:45AM) to inform us that our Son had died. I really believe I would have had a heart attack right then if it hadn't been for the changes from the Vegan diet. The cool thing is, the Pastor's Wife at our Church knew we were Vegan and had the folks make us Vegan meals during this time (behind our backs, when asked we had said "no, we don't need food" because we didn't want to impose, having them try to make Vegan stuff etc.) These folks that a day earlier didn't know what a Vegan was, went online etc. found recipes and made us meals! An amazing blessing :) Now if I could get the people at work to quit, literally, picking on me because of being Vegan things would be better.
God Bless!
Paul Q

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Völuspá

Óðinnsdottir
Jul 16, 2008
✟7,892.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I started out 100% vegan for the first few months.. Then I got very ill partially due to stress and others had to get food for me.. I ended up eating a lot of stuff made with milk and egg ingredients. I figured I had to stop stressing myself out so much and got a bit relaxed when it comes to eating things with trace ingredients in them.. I still don't blatantly eat eggs or milk, and I will avoid such ingredients when given the choice, but have given up on being perfect. Sometimes it's like, "Why am I killing myself just because the dumb manufacturers put a little egg in it? It wasn't my idea." But I don't know.. maybe later I'll shapen up again. It is gnawing at me, since every time I think of milk I'm reminded of how they rape the cow. It's just disgusting to me.

Upvote 0

Penumbra

Traveler
Dec 3, 2008
United States
✟18,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm a lacto vegetarian. I was a vegan before college and I plan on going completely vegan again when I graduate college in a year.

Right now, I'm financially dependent on my school's meal point system, which means most of my diet needs to come from options that the school supplies, and sadly, there has not been enough for me to go vegan without being sick. I went down to an unhealthy weight before I decided I realistically should eat some dairy products occasionally for the time being until I am in complete control of my diet again. I'm sure it is somehow possible I could maintain veganism, but I don't have the time available to carefully make sure I get everything I need with these limited resources.

-Lyn

Upvote 0