Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Kepa said:
Yes it is grounds for divorce, but it does not necessitate divorce.
But anywho, you're welcome to your opinion.
I would have to disagree with you on this .....and I would sugest the you read/re-read Malichi (especially 2:16).

God Hates divorce, but He does Forgive it.

Marriage is BINDING, UNBREAKABLE.

God NEVER gave a commandment for divorce.

He just allowed it because of the hardening of the Jews hearts.

And if you look at the times that it was mentioned in the Gospels it was only mentioned in the ones that were written to the Jews and not the Gentiles.

Peace

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tenorvoice said:
It is just a presonal thing for me. I personally wish that Paul had never told Timmothy to take a little wine for his stomache (sp) every once and a while (paraphrase). I do not agree with it. But since the Bible is 100% true and is for the edification of ALL men(women) then God says that it is ok(so long as you do not get drunk).
There are also the instances of Jesus turning water into wine and the last supper, where they all drank wine.

Upvote 0

waterbear

Jul 17, 2004
✟1,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tenorvoice said:
I would have to disagree with you on this .....and I would sugest the you read/re-read Malichi (especially 2:16).

God Hates divorce, but He does Forgive it.

Marriage is BINDING, UNBREAKABLE.

God NEVER gave a commandment for divorce.

He just allowed it because of the hardening of the Jews hearts.

And if you look at the times that it was mentioned in the Gospels it was only mentioned in the ones that were written to the Jews and not the Gentiles.

Peace
Mark:10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, ...

The same is stated in Matthew 18, 6, 9

My interpretation is simply that a marriage with fornication/adultry was not joined together by God, after all God does have foresight so He saw this coming, and consequently Mark 10:9, Matthew 18:6 don't apply.

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
and may I ask who was Matthew writing his Gospel to??????????????

The Jews to convince them that Jesus Christ was the Messiah

but lest get back to the OP, please and not get off topic again.

Sorry that I did. Please forgive me:prayer:

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
charligirl said:
There are also the instances of Jesus turning water into wine and the last supper, where they all drank wine.

are you suggesting that jesus turned water to alcoholic wine? I do not think so as with weddings of those days, they are a huge event with huge numbers of people attending. Jesus, with all his wisdom, will never allow a slight chance of anyone getting drunk. So, i would say that the wine wasn't alcoholic.

Upvote 0

Kepa

Dec 27, 2003
Not here
Visit site
✟15,975.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BallRmDChamp said:
After reading all the posts both here and on the parallel womens', I think it's a safe bet that the majority of you will remain single forever.
I would agree with you if I thought that everyone used their preferences as manditory filters. I don't think anyone would use all of what they've written down as things that their future spouse MUST have, we all have our faults, no one is perfect, and I don't think anyone is expecting a perfect spouse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BallRmDChamp

Jul 6, 2004
✟203.00
Faith
Other Religion
seangoh said:
are you suggesting that jesus turned water to alcoholic wine? I do not think so as with weddings of those days, they are a huge event with huge numbers of people attending. Jesus, with all his wisdom, will never allow a slight chance of anyone getting drunk. So, i would say that the wine wasn't alcoholic.
This is a case of pure eisegesis. The text clearly indicates that it was real wine i.e. alcoholic. Name one reputable expositor who claims otherwise.

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
seangoh said:
I am assuming this was said with tongue in cheek?? hard to tell on screen.

Upvote 0