Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My staycation in Wales ended today with a final walk around Bangor.
Mid afternoon, I went to the local supermarket and stocked up with refreshments for the journey home. With temperatures climbing into the late 20s, I made sure I had a good stock of cool drinks for the train journey back to Wolverhampton! I'm so glad I bought them because the aircon system on the train didn't seem to be working.
I arrived back home at 18:00hrs. It's still very hot and none of the relief from the sea breezes.
Instead, I'm sitting in the living room being cooled down by an oscillating fan!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My staycation in Wales ended today with a final walk around Bangor.
Mid afternoon, I went to the local supermarket and stocked up with refreshments for the journey home. With temperatures climbing into the late 20s, I made sure I had a good stock of cool drinks for the train journey back to Wolverhampton! I'm so glad I bought them because the aircon system on the train didn't seem to be working.
I arrived back home at 18:00hrs. It's still very hot and none of the relief from the sea breezes.
Instead, I'm sitting in the living room being cooled down by an oscillating fan!

Don't you wish you could take some of that ocean air with you?:)

After moving here to the Eugene area for health reasons; 10 years ago; I about melted when we had our first heat wave in 2016. I since have gotten a portable AC unit for the bedroom; that's in addition to the heat pump in the rest of the house.

I have heard that UK people don't have AC in their homes; how do they handle it now; with the heat wave that your getting?

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Don't you wish you could take some of that ocean air with you?:)

After moving here to the Eugene area for health reasons; 10 years ago; I about melted when we had our first heat wave in 2016. I since have gotten a portable AC unit for the bedroom; that's in addition to the heat pump in the rest of the house.

I have heard that UK people don't have AC in their homes; how do they handle it now; with the heat wave that your getting?
Portable AC units are available to buy, but they can be expensive (around £300-£500 for a unit). I guess that as heatwaves only happen occasionally, people aren't inclined to buy them. If we start to get an increase in the frequency of heatwaves, then I expect the AC units will become more popular.

For now, I'm just managing it the old fashioned way. Plenty of cool drinks, cool showers and oscillating fans! Oh and ice cream!

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's 05:49 hours British Summer Time and I have been awake all night! Temperature outside is 14 degrees celsius, but it feels so much warmer indoors.
Officially, sunrise was at 05:16 hours. It has got light now, but due to it being overcast, I cannot see the sun. It is forecast to be rainy and wet, so it is unlikely I will see the sun today!
There are already a few cars on the road outside, but it still remains eerily quiet! The majority of people are still in bed!

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As most sensible people would be, at that time!

It's nearly 3pm, I'm pottering and procrastinating about doing some small admin tasks before going to take the 5pm service.

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
10:10 PM PDT; PNW--OR; USA. Trying to see how many abbreviations, acronyms; and the new one (for me) I could use:
Initialisms
noun
a set of initials representing a name, organization, or the like, with each letter pronounced separately, as FBI for Federal Bureau of Investigation.
a name or term formed from the initial letters of a group of words and pronounced as a separate word, as NATO for North Atlantic Treaty Organization; an acronym.
the practice of using initials or forming words from initials

ETA (edited to add) I took my a while to look up this; but I ended up reading a whole bunch more.

The time now is:

11: 50, 51, 52 maybe I can post it by then .

11:54 PM PDT; PNW

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

deanerenata32

Jul 8, 2021
greeneville
✟10,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's 4:49 PM ET here in Tennessee right now.

I had my birthday today. I am 34 years old now.

I woke up this morning and got right to work celebrating. We had a special meal at Aubrey's restaurant and then ate cupcakes later. I received three presents: two books and a wearable blanket.

I praise GOD that HE gave me phenomenal birthday today.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's 4:49 PM ET here in Tennessee right now.

I had my birthday today. I am 34 years old now.

I woke up this morning and got right to work celebrating. We had a special meal at Aubrey's restaurant and then ate cupcakes later. I received three presents: two books and a wearable blanket.

I praise GOD that HE gave me phenomenal birthday today.
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday deanerenata32!
Happy birthday to you! :balloon::sax::shortcake::wineglass:
Hope you had a blessed day :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I received three presents: two books and a wearable blanket

Congratulations on your Bday and your presents; :clap:but what is a wearable blanket?

That's a new one on me; is it like a heavy sweater? :)

ETA: 5:43 pm PDT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy birthday, @deanerenata32!

Time is 6:11 PM PDT PNW

It's 10:11am here on Saturday morning. I've had a sleep in and am just gradually acclimatising myself to the day.

Sometimes the days are so hard to acclimatize to; like with this heat wave; that I like to sneak up on it; one degree at a time!:D

When does a heat wave become something else; when it lasts for months; what is it then; a heat tsunami? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0