Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm still up and will probably rely on caffeine for several hours. It's 5:00 AM. My daughter is coming to mow my yard at 10:00, take me to get my new purple framed glasses (yay!), and then she'll sit in the car and knit while I grocery shop. Did I tell you she spins, knits, and sometimes weaves? She went to Scotland a few years ago and loved it!

I drank coffee an hour ago so I could put my laundry in the dryer, but alas, the dryer is dead. Woe is me! I've barely any clean clothes, no clothesline, and where's the extra money for dryer repair? Everything has been breaking down this year. :sigh: My purple shirt is wet and I wanted to wear it when I pick up my glasses.:doh:At least I'll finally be able to see who is waving at me from across the street.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to work in healthcare and I eventually fulfilled that dream by becoming a registered nurse. I did my nursing training, started out by working in my local acute/emergency hospital and then moved on to working in the community. It's a hard job, but I would not want any other.

Anthony;

That is wonderful you ended up getting into the profession you like. It is nice to be able to go see other people who depend on you for your care. That is something have considered to take some courses in considering the workplace offers scholarships and a 10 day course to become on the way of getting your CNA license.

It's 9am, Monday morning, here.

I'm not really sure - I tend to be a bit fuzzy-headed before the first cup of tea - but probably planning my day.

It's a work day, so... work. :) Mondays are usually a bit quieter here, though, and I'm hoping to have some time to put into a short course I'm doing on strategic planning. Later in the afternoon I have my second Covid shot. Evening is family time, and maybe some time for reading or origami (my creative hobby).

Oh all the time. I wanted to be a doctor, but I didn't get the marks to get in. So I did science instead. I only realised later that it was the cure of souls, and not of bodies, that was my real calling. :)

Paidiske,

It is currently 4:35 Am here: How did your second Covid shot go yesterday? What book have you been reading lately, and what got you into making origami? So did you choose a different profession than science?

I used to share some of my McDonalds chicken nuggets with seagulls --- shame on me. But they chose to come inland --- probably 'cause there were slim pickins at the Great Lakes.

Lol, Old lady. Seagulls just about eat anything wont they. Seen a video the other day of this man feeding a seagull a banana on the roof top from the second story window.

Yes; the coast of Oregon is one of the treasurers of the US if not the world; that's why I lived there for almost 40 years.

The whole coast has been made a state park; many years ago; so there is very little commercial businesses on the beaches themselves. There are state and federal parks all along the coast; with free ones every few miles; run by the BLM and forestry service. And camp sites everywhere.

Mnorian;

How cool. Have lived here on a mountain top in Alabama for the past 30 years. Alabama is a cool state for the most part; they have some fun festivities from time to time in the northwest part of Alabama namely Dekalb County. Never been one to go out and camp very much here. Due to not having friends who wanna do that kind of thing but everyone is different in their own ways and that is okay.

Would you go on camping trips oftens, or go hiking? It is nice to go out on a trail and hike as long as it is not to demanding on the body.

Yes, we went camping there and the coast was one of my favorites. Whereabouts did you live? In the southern part?

Here's a picture I took of the coast. <3

View attachment 302533

Thank you for sharing your picture Shineyourlight.

Done with yard work now, went well, got it all done, just got back, 8:15 pm right now, kind of pooped, but we had a barbecue after and it was really, really good, barbecue meat is like candy to me, so good, and I ate a lot, and think I might be in a kind of food coma right now, etc, lol...

So think I'm just going to relax, kick back in the easy chair, take my boots off, put my feet up, maybe put a familiar movie or TV show on the TV, and might maybe fall asleep eventually maybe, been up since yesterday, etc...

God Bless!

Neogaia777, sounds like you had a busy day. Do you have a lot of yard work you have to tend to every week? Got some crops growing possibly? What kind if you do? Sounds like you would be tired after all of that. That barbecue sounds mouth watering and worth while :).

Hope you enjoyed your rest friend, thank you for sharing.

A Toys R Us kid, of course...

But seriously, I think it took me a while to "grow up", and I didn't really have any set plans when I was a kid, and my parents really didn't give me much direction in that regard, etc, oh they were good parents, just never really pressured me or gave me much direction in that regard, etc, so I spent most of my life, up until about the age of 20, just hanging out with friends, and kind of living my life without much set purpose or direction, and kind of like there was no tomorrow a lot of that time, during that time, etc...

It wasn't really until I got married, and took on a child, (around the age of 20), that I started to have to grow up a bit, etc...

I'm 42 now, etc, child that I raised is an adult now, divorced and single now, for about five or six years now, etc...

Oh and the child that I raised, or helped raise, still sees me pretty much as her dad still, and we still have a very good relationship, etc, her biological parents were never really a part of her life, etc, but she lives kind of far away now, and is a very busy young adult, so...? Etc...

And I didn't really start to get serious about God and the Bible until I got married also, etc...

My mother was a Christian who sometimes went to a church on and off during different periods of her life, etc, but had the heart of a really true Christian and everybody knew it, without her ever having to say a thing, etc, but my stepdad never went with her, wasn't a bad guy, but church just really wasn't his thing, etc, he was a sports guy, etc, something I really didn't get into growing up, etc... But they both gave me a very good growing up life, etc, and I got to spend a lot of time just enjoying myself and my friends and having fun, etc...

No one really ever pressured me to do a thing growing up, etc...

I was very "free" back then, etc... Not a care in the world, etc...

But I guess everybody has to eventually grow up sometime, etc...

Anyway...

Peace

God Bless!
Neogaia777, you must be still a child at heart with having dreams of working at Toys R Us :p, you talk about your early life and how much freedom you had it is something relatable to me in my own life of growing up. With no purpose or direction. You had a child, and that is cool too. Do you have any grandchildren? Awe you been without someone for 6 years? I feel you on that has been 6 years here for myself as well... crazy right?

Thank you for sharing more about your life with your mom and step-dad. It is a good thing eventually you grew up.

Was it always because of having a child in your life growing up and your relationship with God that helped the process along?

It took what seemed like forever to finally get a grip on growing up. At least 26 years worth of time.

I'm still up and will probably rely on caffeine for several hours. It's 5:00 AM. My daughter is coming to mow my yard at 10:00, take me to get my new purple framed glasses (yay!), and then she'll sit in the car and knit while I grocery shop. Did I tell you she spins, knits, and sometimes weaves? She went to Scotland a few years ago and loved it!

I drank coffee an hour ago so I could put my laundry in the dryer, but alas, the dryer is dead. Woe is me! I've barely any clean clothes, no clothesline, and where's the extra money for dryer repair? Everything has been breaking down this year. :sigh: My purple shirt is wet and I wanted to wear it when I pick up my glasses.:doh:At least I'll finally be able to see who is waving at me from across the street.

Old lady, it is not 4:54Am here. Hope that you and your daughter have a good day this afternoon and you have a safe trip going to get your new glasses and that the lines at the store wont be to long. :O Your dryer is broke gotta get out the wooden pins to hang them up outside in the sun to dry maybe?

You all have a good day, and take care.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Paidiske,

It is currently 4:35 Am here: How did your second Covid shot go yesterday? What book have you been reading lately, and what got you into making origami? So did you choose a different profession than science?

It's 8pm here. Had the shot about four hours ago. So far all good, although they warned me it's not unusual to feel a bit unwell tomorrow.

I belong to a book club through the local library, and we're reading Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. Fluffy but entertaining.

What got me into making origami? I can't remember how I started, now. But I find I need a creative outlet - I think somewhere for all of the emotions of my work to be processed - and it fits the bill nicely.

I'm an Anglican priest now. Not something I foresaw in high school! ^_^

Have a good day!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hope you get your dryer fixed OL.
Purple framed glasses; wow; in your purple shirt; you must be very stylish!:)

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a work day, so... work. :) Mondays are usually a bit quieter here, though, and I'm hoping to have some time to put into a short course I'm doing on strategic planning. Later in the afternoon I have my second Covid shot. Evening is family time, and maybe some time for reading or origami (my creative hobby).

I think I see your problem PD; you don't do enough! hehe.;) strategic planning; do you get to drop any bombs? ^_^ That's what the army used to call their long range bombing missions.

Origami never made sense to me; I just got Chinese takeout yesterday or so; and I still can't figure out how the paper boxes don't leak out the folds! :confused:o_O:)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hope you get your dryer fixed OL.
Purple framed glasses; wow; in your purple shirt; you must be very stylish!:)

LOL. I'm not terribly stylish as I can't afford a lot. And I don't ever want to come across as snobbish. In fact, snobbish people have criticized some of my economical choices. But I enjoy pretty colors and coordinating outfits.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think I see your problem PD; you don't do enough! hehe.;)

Yes, yes that must be it. ;)

strategic planning; do you get to drop any bombs? ^_^ That's what the army used to call their long range bombing missions.

Nah. The thing is, the church I'm currently serving owns a rather nice large block of vacant land. They're very divided about what to do with it, and I'm trying to help them work through the process of deciding. Which course of action is going to serve our mission goals best, long term?

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes that must be it. ;)

Nah. The thing is, the church I'm currently serving owns a rather nice large block of vacant land. They're very divided about what to do with it, and I'm trying to help them work through the process of deciding. Which course of action is going to serve our mission goals best, long term?

IIRC weren't they trying to figure that out a couple years ago; when you were on staff?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
OK; must have been that little Parish you were in; before this one; or have there been others?

I've been in four places. The one you might be remembering was where two parishes were supposed to amalgamate and then didn't (that one was a headache and a half)!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been in four places. The one you might be remembering was where two parishes were supposed to amalgamate and then didn't (that one was a headache and a half)!

Yes; that's the one; you said the people were half asleep; and you were trying to wake them up; :) spiritually. Hope things have gotten better for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes; that's the one; you said the people were half asleep; and you were trying to wake them up; :) spiritually. Hope things have gotten better for you.

Eh, life has its ups and downs. Covid's knocked everyone around hard. This seems to be a good parish, though, and I'm hoping I'll be able to stay here a long time and do some good with them. :)

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eh, life has its ups and downs. Covid's knocked everyone around hard. This seems to be a good parish, though, and I'm hoping I'll be able to stay here a long time and do some good with them. :)

Ya; 3 moves in 3 years; you must feel like a traveling evangelist. Hope this one works out for you.

We just this last month have come out of lock-down; things are opening back up; the restaurants are having on site eating again; so it's nice to be able to go for lunch; and other normal things like that.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's 8:44am, Tuesday morning.

Ya; 3 moves in 3 years; you must feel like a traveling evangelist. Hope this one works out for you.

It wasn't quite that bad; I was in the last place for three years, but yes, I'm hoping for a longer stint here. If only for the sake of my daughter's education; it would be good for her to be able to stay in one school for a while.

We just this last month have come out of lock-down; things are opening back up; the restaurants are having on site eating again; so it's nice to be able to go for lunch; and other normal things like that.

Absolutely. Sadly I think another lockdown is on the cards here, because our vaccination rate is so low and we have had cases nearby.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Neogaia777, sounds like you had a busy day. Do you have a lot of yard work you have to tend to every week? Got some crops growing possibly? What kind if you do? Sounds like you would be tired after all of that. That barbecue sounds mouth watering and worth while :).

Hope you enjoyed your rest friend, thank you for sharing.

I don't have any yard work personally as I don't have a yard, lol...

But my friend I am helping, his dad just recently passed, and he kind of inherited his dad's house, and it has been/was a disaster, so a lot of work to be done, both inside and out, but were just about done with it now, but yeah the barbecue was very good/yummy, and it was a very good day...

Neogaia777, you must be still a child at heart with having dreams of working at Toys R Us :p, you talk about your early life and how much freedom you had it is something relatable to me in my own life of growing up. With no purpose or direction. You had a child, and that is cool too. Do you have any grandchildren? Awe you been without someone for 6 years? I feel you on that has been 6 years here for myself as well... crazy right?

Thank you for sharing more about your life with your mom and step-dad. It is a good thing eventually you grew up.

Was it always because of having a child in your life growing up and your relationship with God that helped the process along?

It took what seemed like forever to finally get a grip on growing up. At least 26 years worth of time.

Well, what trials and tribulations and/or troubles I didn't go through during my childhood years pretty much got made up for for me later on in life, etc, and that made me grow up pretty fast, etc...

And no, the daughter I helped raise has not had any children yet, and I don't know if she will for while, she's 24 right now, and a very busy girl, and doesn't want kids right now, etc...

And yes, my growing relationship with God was something that I feel if I didn't have along the way, would have left me in a very, very bad place, maybe even dead by now, if I didn't have it/Him along the way...

Don't know that I'd be posting here now, etc...

And about being single at this point in my life right now, I am kind of enjoying it, and don't know that I'd have it any other way right now, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0