Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i noticed what Roger Elbert said about the movie. "I felt a certain affection for the film... The film is what it is, a group of people trying to explain the nature of reality." just by that description, it sounds like a good movie. and if things are scientifically correct, that's fine with me too, becuase it is about a group of people trying to explain the nature of reality.

the pastor of a ministry i try to attend to when i can, has mentioned this quantum physics connection with spirituality. he didn't go big into it, because he doesn't know much about quantum physics either, but just mentioned in passing during conversations about things of this nature.

kind of seems something as the idea of post-modern thought. something new is happening, but isn't here yet maybe? i'm saying that because i noticed the one post about people who know a lot about quantum physics and say the science of it is kind of bad. but i'd have to expect something to be confused when you mix science and spirituality together, and maybe this movie is talking about a new thought in spirituality/religion, who knows. but it sounds like at least, something worth checking it out. hopefully it comes out on DVD, or maybe a theatre around me.

Upvote 0

McCravey

Dec 9, 2003
✟1,319.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can't speak for the science, for all I know the experts they had in the movie may be "on the fringe" and not seriously accepted.

It is probably "New Age" at it's core. It shows the spiritual connection that all people have, but of course, because it rarely mentions Christ most Christians will see it as "other" religion.....It is also "anti" religion (which I don't have a problem with).

It is amazing how many "Christ" concepts there are in it though. I try to look into things to take what I want and leave the rest behind. If you can do that then you will enjoy the film.

It shows how our emotions control our state of mind....how to connect to your spiritual reality...how the physical world is just an illusion (or perception) anyway (I think).

Very interesting. I would like to hear from some of our more Agnostic minded members about the film....hear what they have to say (because they are much more skeptical than I am).

Covers the basics of Quantam Physics (which I assume is a true science)

Should I post this in Liberal Forums? Any suggestions?

Upvote 0