What television shows most transgress the teaching of Christ?

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe in China or Russia.

West is full of decadence in the media.
China is one of the most Godless countries on the planet right now, you should be in awe of just how badly China and North Korea lack even the most basic morals and values. Japan is more Godless than we are as well and they are suffering for it. Population decline is the end of a nation in the long run.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about this. I am sure I have viewed some fairly depraved television shows but if I have it has been a single viewing. They were probably on pay channels and I don't have them any more. Maybe "Orange is the New Black" or one of those shows glorifying serial murderers with undue attention. I will say I think Samantha Bee's "Full Frontal" insidiously depraved. I can tolerate a little contempt if it's funny but she's not funny. At all. She's hateful and that's depraved. I find Wanda Sykes often that way, too. Violence and sex aren't definitive depravity. Hate qualifies, too.

I just don't watch that much television to know the answer to this op's inquiry. The irony is that Googling "Best tv shows" will likely result in the most depraved.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’d need more proof. I cannot help but think of the two countries you cited as a bunch of propaganda inserted into each thing offered.
If you’re not willing to watch foreign media, you’ll have no proof. Those of us who do watch foreign films can attest to the fact that Chinese and Russian films are more conservative when it comes to morality.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you’re not willing to watch foreign media, you’ll have no proof. Those of us who do watch foreign films can attest to the fact that Chinese and Russian films are more conservative when it comes to morality.
I did not say I was now willing. I said professional research needs to be done as far as entertainment in different countries. It is usually much more layered than simple black and white labels of liberal and conservative. Watching foreign films is very superficial as compared to what exactly is being inserted into entertainment.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't know why people waste their time on the 'show'. It is just filler for the real programs of commercials. Radio and tv have always revolved around selling a product, not the entertainment. That is just sideshow filler to drag you in. Focus. Watching fantasy to sell fantasy is not an efficient use of time. Besides, good products sell themselves. The crap needs advertising. How many commercials do you see for Rolex or Lamborghini?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree, not much out there that supports biblical morals and views.
That was Jesus' whole point. The world of man is built upon self interest while the Kingdom is built upon interest in others. Why pick on tv when the whole world runs backwards to the will of God?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That was Jesus' whole point. The world of man is built upon self interest while the Kingdom is built upon interest in others. Why pick on tv when the whole world runs backwards to the will of God?
IDK, ask the OP... it was their question.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It would.

I found some interesting articles, though:
Revealed: Putin’s covert war on western decadence | The Spectator

"The outcry came just days after the Russian government banned two popular inappropriate contento-graphy sites, youinappropriate content and xhamster, also on the grounds of protecting public morality.

Putin’s Russia is fast becoming a very puritan place. Ever since returning to the presidency in 2012, Putin has pursued an increasingly religious-conservative ideology both at home and abroad, defining Russia as a moral fortress against sexual licence and decadence, inappropriate content and gay rights."

In March in Stavropol, south Russia, criminal charges were brought against Viktor Krasnov after he wrote ‘God does not exist’ on the VKontakte social network, Russia’s version of Facebook. Krasnov was ordered to spend over a month undergoing examinations in a psychiatric ward before he was finally deemed sane enough to stand trial, and the case continues.

Which may say something about the official stance. Can you imagine similar words from the White house or from Brussels?

I know starting right after the Soviet Union fell apart (mid 90's) there was a revival in Russia. Some of it, I'm sure was curiosity on the part of the people for Bible's having been banned for so long.

I was part of a radio station that sent Bibles to Russia. (They were printed and packaged in the Ukraine.) I don't remember how many ended up being sent; but it was several hundred thousand! They were sent free of charge to any resident who wrote to the radio station and requested it be sent to an individual mailing address. We got requests from libraries, municipality offices and private citizens. It was quite an interesting time. I wanted to go on one of the track handing out trips, but because I had a state department security clearance at the time; they would not have given me a visa. I was in the military.

But I was quite glad to have been involved in the project. Russia is a country I've prayed for for decades. (Russia and Iraq.)

So no, it doesn't surprise me the society is (at least media externally wise) possessing of some moral fabric; even though there is definitely a lot of political corruption there. That was another thing I learned from the Bible project; the bureaucracy there is unbelievable! It runs so slow and wonky that it'd go backwards if it could!

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Directly related to how we should lead our lives. This might surprise you.
Almost all TV shows are inmoral , the directors want to increase the popularity of the shows by putting in violence and sex. " Holly(wood) against Holy ". Don't watch TV and only listen to radio for sermons are much better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0