New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had some bad thoughts about someone and feel bad about it. I asked God to forgive me and I rebuked the thoughts about this person but I still feel bad. Do I need to tell this person that I had bad thoughts about them? I feel really bad

Will I go to Hell if I don't tell this person?

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There is no need to tell this person, if we are only talking about your thoughts anyway. No, you will not go to Hell just because you do not ask someone for forgiveness for having bad thoughts about them.

Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no need to tell this person, if we are only talking about your thoughts anyway. No, you will not go to Hell just because you do not ask someone for forgiveness for having bad thoughts about them.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Dynamaniac

Apr 23, 2018
Houston
✟10,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry you're feeling bad about your thoughts. Oftentimes, forgiving ourselves is much harder for us to do than to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness. Trust that God has forgiven you. You are being renewed and taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ. As long as your thoughts are not turned into actions, taking them captive is the first step to eliminating them altogether. We must first renew our minds so that our hearts can be changed. Salvation is only the first step. Sanctification is a journey to reach the goal of glorification and it is a lifelong journey. None of us is perfect or we would not need a perfect Savior in Jesus. God bless you! God loves you! God make His face to shine upon you! Amen!

Upvote 0