asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am faced by the math and the science and yet there is something inside of me that fights.

It fights hard.

I am torn.

I do know this that I am worthless ... I have no problem with this description. To me its just natural or evident. Who would want me? What would want me? Answer nothing I can think of. So why am I here? I don't know other then I know the math and the science it points to god.

Who can deliver me from my torment? Probably only me. Why did I create this thread here? To get away from the debate to just reach out. Something inside of me needs something bigger but I don't get it. I don't know what to do. I am clueless.

Calvery some how sparks something inside of me. It somehow means something. I don't know why. To me there must be some answers beyond the math.

beyond the science.

I don't know what to make of it but I know there is something bigger then me.

That is funny ... I am small ........ of course.
but then what?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
King Solomon came to the same conclusion in his book, Ecclesiastes. I have greatly enjoyed my time working in the STEM fields, but they can't save any of us (from ourselves).

THIS PAGE really laid out my spiritual condition for me.

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
King Solomon came to the same conclusion in his book, Ecclesiastes. I have greatly enjoyed my time working in the STEM fields, but they can't save any of us (from ourselves).

THIS PAGE really laid out my spiritual condition for me.

This makes sense.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am faced by the math and the science and yet there is something inside of me that fights.

It fights hard.

I am torn.

I do know this that I am worthless ... I have no problem with this description. To me its just natural or evident. Who would want me? What would want me? Answer nothing I can think of. So why am I here? I don't know other then I know the math and the science it points to god.

Who can deliver me from my torment? Probably only me. Why did I create this thread here? To get away from the debate to just reach out. Something inside of me needs something bigger but I don't get it. I don't know what to do. I am clueless.

Calvery some how sparks something inside of me. It somehow means something. I don't know why. To me there must be some answers beyond the math.

beyond the science.

but then what?
The first truth that we all must arrive at, is that, how unworthy, how bad, whatever we are, but, then, that is followed up by a second truth... And that is, and means, despite that first truth, the second is how good and worthy and how very valuable we all really and truly are in Christ, as true Christians, that comes after that first truth...

But if you want to embrace that second truth, then you must do so without pride, or thinking you are better than anyone else, ect...

If you can do that, you will do very well, and will start to feel much better (about yourself, about others, your world, ect)...

If you can do it without falling into the trap of pride, or having a puffed-up, haughty attitude that is...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of this reality isn't random or nonsense...none of us are worthy of greater than this but maybe someone greater than us can show us the way?

I don't know how to respond to you other then you sound shallow. Your ideas seem shallow. Interestingly I don't on what side you are on. Does it matter>?

probably not because if you are the one to give me some guidance then I feel I am not getting it.

Whatever you represent I don't feel anything other then vague. That doesn't work for me.

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The first truth that we all must arrive at, is that, how unworthy, how bad, whatever we are, but, then, that is followed up by a second truth... And that is, and means, despite that first truth, the second is how good and worthy and how very valuable we all really and truly are in Christ, as true Christians, that comes after that first truth...

But if you want to embrace that second truth, then you must do so without pride, or thinking you are better than anyone else, ect...

If you can do that, you will do very well, and will start to feel much better (about yourself, about others, your world, ect)...

If you can do it without falling into the trap of pride, or having a puffed-up, haughty attitude that is...

God Bless!

How can you fight this?
Not sure but ... I want to and I don't

I want to and I don't :(

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of this reality isn't random or nonsense...none of us are worthy of greater than this but maybe someone greater than us can show us the way?

I am pretty sure you are the atheist inside of me ... but why would you be on this thread?

I made a point to get far away from you and me. And yet here you are.

Why?

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If there is any hope for me it must be in math and science I will settle on nothing less. I don't have a problem with Christianity but there is something inside of me that will ... must reject anything other then

And then I look at something that is bigger then the science and the math. There is something bigger. I don't get it. ... something is bigger.

There is something bigger then the math and the science. There is something bigger then the molecules and the GRN's ... what is it?

Should I be nervous?

Probably :(

Upvote 0

Debp

Apr 24, 2018
Los Angeles
✟14,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Friend, come to Jesus just as you are....pray, ask for forgiveness and He will forgive you, and come into your heart and life. He will give you peace and help you to accept yourself and also others. Just have faith, believe....

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It fights hard.

I am torn.

beyond the science.

but then what?

There is far more than math and science, if you will read my posts in one of your threads:

Because I am weak in math and science (as I see it), I dove into the thread from a philosophical/theological angle. At the end of the day, what we all need is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the answers to our deepest needs, are in Christ alone, Christ is the way, the truth, and life, and apart from Him, we are nothing. He is our deliverer, trust in Him, and lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him, and He will guide and direct your paths. May the Lord give you strength, comfort, and peace that surpasses understanding.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If there is any hope for me it must be in math and science I will settle on nothing less. I don't have a problem with Christianity but there is something inside of me that will ... must reject anything other then

And then I look at something that is bigger then the science and the math. There is something bigger. I don't get it. ... something is bigger.

There is something bigger then the math and the science. There is something bigger then the molecules and the GRN's ... what is it?

Should I be nervous?

Probably :(

When I heard the learn’d astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

--Walt Whitman, "When I Heard the Learned Astronomer"

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

It fights hard.

I am torn.

beyond the science.

but then what?
One of the consequences of believing in God is that God is righteous and we are not, that's called conviction. It doesn't mean your worthless, just that your being honest with yourself. God does want you, he sent his son to die for you. Realizing there is a God can be as simple as doing the math but your relationship with the God who made you is a personal journey.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:9-12)
We all struggle, with persistence we can land on the believing side.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It fights hard.

I am torn.

beyond the science.

but then what?

My main language is Spanish. On Proverbs 2:6 where in the english verion says “Knowledge” in spanish says “Science”. All my live I’ve thought God loves science and math. In fact, I know of a few scientists who came to Christ through science.

Instead of having a battle inside, you can ask the creator of science and math to talk to you about it It could be an amazing conversation to have with Him.

In my case I love names and the meaning behind them and it is an ongoing converstion with God. He talks to me often through people’s names and their meaning and brings me unusual names to study and discover.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know other then I know the math and the science it points to god.
Well, now that you have hit the nail on the head, focus on the New Testament, the Four Gospels, and the Gospel itself. God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, in order to be delivered from Hell and from all their doubts and fears.

BTW Christians capitalize "God" since "god" applies to false gods.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who can deliver me from my torment? Probably only me.
We can't do it ourselves...that is why we are in torment spiritually. Only One can release us from the curse of sin and death. This is Jesus Christ who took on the curse for us. @Sabertooth gave you the 4 Spiritual Laws. A very good start to view what the Bible reveals of God's relationship with mankind.

Why did I create this thread here?
You are seeking the uncreated Creator you found in your studies of the universe. The Intelligence for all the information you observed. This Creator is Yahweh God and He calls to you to get to know Him personally. He wants to be reconciled with you through His Son Jesus Christ Who is truly God and truly man.

A good way to get to know His plan for us is through what is called "Roman's Road" from the apostle Paul's epistle to the church at Rome (1st century AD).

The first verse on the Romans Road to salvation is Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent. Romans 3:10-18 gives a detailed picture of what sin looks like in our lives. The second Scripture on the Romans Road to salvation, Romans 6:23, teaches us about the consequences of sin - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death, but eternal death!

The third verse on the Romans Road to salvation picks up where
Romans 6:23 left off, "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:8 declares, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus Christ died for us! Jesus' death paid for the price of our sins. Jesus' resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus' death as the payment for our sins.

The fourth stop on the Romans Road to salvation is
Romans 10:9, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - and we will be saved! Romans 10:13 says it again, "for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

The final aspect of the Romans Road to salvation is the results of salvation.
Romans 5:1 has this wonderful message, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship of peace with God. Romans 8:1 teaches us, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins. Finally, we have this precious promise of God from Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
What is the Romans Road to salvation?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am pretty sure you are the atheist inside of me ... but why would you be on this thread?

I made a point to get far away from you and me. And yet here you are.

Why?
I believe @ewq1938 was getting at that compared to our mortal humans selves, God is greater and it is He Who overcomes and has overcome for us.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys I think I'm starting to lose faith in God please help me
Recommend you start a thread here:

Christian Advice

In that forum you will meet mature Christians who will discuss this with you. This thread is a personal thread of another poster.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0