Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know the exact Bible verse but I believe there's one that says that God once "winked" at ignorance, but now commands everyone to repent.
I would be real careful. We are each responsible for every word that proceeds out of our mouth.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK...?

So, a person can come to God, just by seeking the light of God in them, without any Bible or the Scriptures or Christianity, just by seeking (the truth) (buried) within then...?
God places the desire and path in the heart of those who ask. Consider the billions who have heard the Word and still reject Christ. Is it possible that they might juxtapose those who we claim to have never heard and if so, what makes us think they would have accepted anyway. I used to worry about them too. Then it came to me that I needed to worry about me and what I was doing. As soon as I did, I realized then that each person receives the knock on their heart. It wasn't men who called me. It was our Lord who knocked on my door just as He does everyone else but it was me who had the desire for more.

Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why does the Bible mention Hell?
The only time “hell” is actually used in the Bible is in 2 Peter 2:4 where Peter speaks about the abode of fallen angels (“Tartarus”) awaiting judgment. So, hell is not eternal and it’s not for humans.

Upvote 0

JohnKing67

Dec 2, 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
✟11,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only time “hell” is actually used in the Bible is in 2 Peter 2:4 where Peter speaks about the abode of fallen angels (“Tartarus”) awaiting judgment. So, hell is not eternal and it’s not for humans.

Not true. There's the rich man who died and went to Hell. Luke 16:19-31

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok I looked it up. Acts 17:30
Did you read the entire chapter? This is not a stand alone verse. Paul is chiding them. He is not saying it is O.K. to believe that. Just the opposite. Read the entire chapter, place yourself in Paul's shoes and follow the events to understand who he is talking to and why.

Upvote 0

JohnKing67

Dec 2, 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
✟11,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you read the entire chapter? This is not a stand alone verse. Paul is chiding them. He is not saying it is O.K. to believe that. Just the opposite. Read the entire chapter, place yourself in Paul's shoes and follow the events to understand who he is talking to and why.

So what do you disagree with in what I said? That God commands everyone to repent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sin sends a person to Hell.

Repentance, faith, and devotion to Christ sends you to Heaven.
Man inherited Adams sinful nature when he fell in the garden of Eden, it all goes back to that so when you are born you are already destined to Hell, it is your inherited sinful nature that does that. Th eone and only way out is through Jesu Christ our Lord, and I tell you now that on another note we are not fighting religion against religion or even extremists of any religion but litte children of Satan himself. Thats what happened today in South Sudan? her over 30 children were lined up and shot in the head for not renouncing thier faith. Thats why I call them children of Satan killing other children , and I am one to tell you right now that Jesus loves all children whether they be Islamis or Christian. We are fighting the common enimy of man Satan pure and simple, its like Jesus said: we are not fighting flesh and blood but Principalities and powers.....Russ Campbell

Upvote 0