Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can we tell how or if others, or we, are found in Christ Jesus...?

Where does your trust lie? Do you believe that you can do anything to atone for your sins, or did Jesus pay the price in full? Answering that question will tell you.

Being guilty of committing one (any) sin condemns a person to Hell.
The only remedy for that condemnation is trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus as payment in full for that sin. A person is saved by God's grace through faith in the finished work of Christ.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Where does your trust lie? Do you believe that you can do anything to atone for your sins, or did Jesus pay the price in full? Answering that question will tell you.

Being guilty of committing one (any) sin condemns a person to Hell.
The only remedy for that condemnation is trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus as payment in full for that sin. A person is saved by God's grace through faith in the finished work of Christ.
To number one: "In God", and the second, "No", and the third, "Yes"...

What do I do while I wait for him...?

God Bless!

Reactions: KevinC1129
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can we tell how or if others, or we, are found in Christ Jesus...?

For others, you will know them by their fruit. For a good tree can not bear bad fruit, and a bad tree can not bear good fruit. If a person is truly born from above, they can not, not know, for they are eternally changed.The age old question of once saved, always saved, is not the right question. The true question is are you truly saved?

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To number one: "In God", and the second, "No", and the third, "Yes"...

What do I do while I wait for him...?

God Bless!

Wait on Him to save you? If that is what you are asking, we are saved the moment we place our faith in Christ; it's an instantaneous transaction (Born Again).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Wait on Him to save you? If that is what you are asking, we are saved the moment we place our faith in Christ; it's an instantaneous transaction (Born Again).
No, on his return...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We serve Him and others out of gratitude for what he did for us.
Should we try to win people to Christ also while we wait...?

I know that I really do not "have to do" anything really, that I am really "free" just to "be me" until he comes back, cause that's what he told me, telling me that the works were finished from the foundations of the world and on or at the cross... that he already did and completed all the "work", and I do not "have to" do any work, but I "want to", just because... Just because there is nothing I'd rather be doing than winning souls to him and for him, and serving and loving others (that is part of being "myself", serving and loving others) (is)...

He wants me to rest, relax, learn patience, ect... In waiting... He wants me to wait, just "wait"... But, I just can't help myself, I feel like I should be doing "something", and the waiting is killing me, and I like to stay "busy" and occupied, and I want to busy and occupied in the things he would want me to be busy and occupied in...

I don't have a lot to keep or stay busy in and with in my life other than what I already stated, and have nothing but time on my hands...

I've asked him what to be doing while I'm waiting, and he says, "just... wait" and learn the lessons you/I need to learn from the waiting (is what he is saying to me) but, it's hard... You wouldn't believe how hard it is just waiting and doing nothing most of the time... I feel like I'm going to go nuts sometimes...

Anyhow,

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Should we try to win people to Christ also while we wait...?

I know that I really do not "have to do" anything really, that I am really "free" just to "be me" until he comes back, cause that's what he told me, telling me that the works were finished from the foundations of the world and on or at the cross... that he already did and completed all the "work", and I do not "have to" do any work, but I "want to", just because... Just because there is nothing I'd rather be doing than winning souls to him and for him, and serving and loving others (that is part of being "myself", serving and loving others) (is)...

He wants me to rest, relax, learn patience, ect... In waiting... He wants me to wait, just "wait"... But, I just can't help myself, I feel like I should be doing "something", and the waiting is killing me, and I like to stay "busy" and occupied, and I want to busy and occupied in the things he would want me to be busy and occupied in...

I don't have a lot to keep or stay busy in and with in my life other than what I already stated, and have nothing but time on my hands...

I've asked him what to be doing while I'm waiting, and he says, "just... wait" and learn the lessons you/I need to learn from the waiting (is what he is saying to me) but, it's hard... You wouldn't believe how hard it is just waiting and doing nothing most of the time... I feel like I'm going to go nuts sometimes...

Anyhow,

Peace,

God Bless!

What's happening to you is exactly what is supposed to happen. Once you have repented and received Jesus as your savior, you will want to demonstrate your love for God in various ways, to produce good fruits. God does not expect us to just sit around being idle as we must both love God and love other people. So yes, go out and help make disciples of others so that they, too, can learn the love of Jesus and live eternally, and do good things for other people. It sounds like that's what the Holy Spirit is guiding you to do! We are expected to grow and mature as Christians for the rest of our lives as a part of our desire to love God and be close to him. So yes, go and do! :)

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are to rest in His finished work, trusting that it is sufficient for our salvation.
That's not to say we can just sit back and do nothing, watching the world and people "go to hell in a handbasket". We just need to remember that every "good thing" that we do flows from Him. If we feed the hungry, take care of widows and orphans, visit the sick and those in prison etc., we do those things out of gratitude and love. Another thing to remember is that even in trying to do good works, we will do them imperfectly at time (with wrong attitudes and motives) while we are living in this world...we still sin daily and will continue to do so until we get to Heaven, even while trying to do "good things".

Making disciples should be our highest priority; Jesus' final words before His ascension are found in Matthew 28:19-20:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

As far as "winning people to Christ", we need to remember that all we can do is plant seeds of faith in people; it's the Holy Spirit who brings them to the fullness of faith in Jesus. Once they come to faith is where the discipleship and mentoring comes into play. If we try to remember that while sharing our faith, it takes a lot of the pressure off of you. You tell them about Jesus and share what He has done for you; then let the Holy Spirit work on them. There may be some who you specifically lead to Jesus, or you may be the first to plant a seed; we all play a part, but it's the Spirit who "seals the deal".
Hopefully this all makes sense.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Were all sinners, we all sin and continue to do and stay in sin, (if your going to be honest) in this world there is no escape from it, till Christ comes back... Not True, we are all sinners and we continue to sin, but the Christian does not stay in sin, Baptism ( Acts 2:38 ) removes sin from us, and the blood of Jesus Christ continues to remove sin as long as we are faithful Christians.

So, what sins send you to hell and which do not...?
All sins send us to Hell, the Christian's sins are removed, unless you turn away from God.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK...?

So, a person can come to God, just by seeking the light of God in them, without any Bible or the Scriptures or Christianity, just by seeking (the truth) (buried) within then...?

No

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't think anyone would willfully choose to be tortured for eternity.

My pastor has a saying (I'm paraphrasing, but the point remains)...
The choice really isn't between Heaven or Hell, because no sane person would choose to go to Hell; the choice is really between living for Heaven or living for the things of the world. You can't have both.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My pastor has a saying (I'm paraphrasing, but the point remains)...
The choice really isn't between Heaven or Hell, because no sane person would choose to go to Hell; the choice is really between living for Heaven or living for the things of the world. You can't have both.

Still, eternal torture isn't a just punishment, especially from someone who claims to love us. If anyone else tried that we'd call them twisted and evil.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Simple question: "What sends a person to hell...?"

Comments...?

God Bless!

Disobedience.

8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:8

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still, eternal torture isn't a just punishment, especially from someone who claims to love us. If anyone else tried that we'd call them twisted and evil.

"Anyone else" did not create the Universe, God did. Its his rules not yours.

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God loved us enough to die the worst death imaginable to pay the penalty for our disobedience and rebellion. If a person chooses to disregard or refuses to accept the payment that Jesus made, then they must make a payment of their own. That payment is an eternity separated from Him, paying for his own sins. God is not unjust, He provided a way of salvation...the only way. It's up to us if we want to accept His way. If you choose not to believe that, it's up to you, but Scripture is clear.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0