What Scriptures do you use to convert people from Judaism?

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
What Scriptures do you use to convert people from Judaism to Christianity? I was debating with a Jew awhile back and he had some pretty interesting interpretations of passages that Christians usually use to support Christ - even some that were quoted by the Apostles in the New Testament.

Here is a website detailing some reasons why Jews reject Christ as the Messiah: Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity

I also have to admit that some of the passages that we use from the Old Testament and claim were fulfilled by Christ are a little bit tenuous. Thoughts?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What Scriptures do you use to convert people from Judaism to Christianity? I was debating with a Jew awhile back and he had some pretty interesting interpretations of passages that Christians usually use to support Christ - even some that were quoted by the Apostles in the New Testament.

Start with Daniel 9 and Isaiah 53.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably none. Pray for them instead. I am Jewish and became a born again Christian years ago. A friend of mine shared verses with me for years, but that really did not make any difference. I did not care at all about any of the verses she shared. However, she also prayed for me for years and expressed the Love of the Lord to me and that is what helped me turn to Christ and be saved. I do not know any Jews who became Christians because anyone shared verses with them. But, I do know several who had people praying for them for several years and then someone shared the gospel with them - not specific verses, and they were saved. It is the prayer that does it - not just sharing verses.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably none. Pray for them instead. I am Jewish and became a born again Christian years ago. A friend of mine shared verses with me for years, but that really did not make any difference. I did not care at all about any of the verses she shared. However, she also prayed for me for years and expressed the Love of the Lord to me and that is what helped me turn to Christ and be saved. I do not know any Jews who became Christians because anyone shared verses with them. But, I do know several who had people praying for them for several years and then someone shared the gospel with them - not specific verses, and they were saved. It is the prayer that does it - not just sharing verses.
EXACTLY!

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Here is a website detailing some reasons why Jews reject Christ as the Messiah: Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity

I also have to admit that some of the passages that we use from the Old Testament and claim were fulfilled by Christ are a little bit tenuous. Thoughts?
Personally I've never found one that would talk with me about God.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Apparently, Paul was able to persuade a lot of Jews to convert to Christianity through the Scriptures (Old Testament only):

As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men. Acts 17:10-12

_ _ _

As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said. 4 Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few prominent women. Acts 17:2-4

Upvote 0

childofdust

May 18, 2010
✟2,177.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
What Scriptures do you use to convert people from Judaism to Christianity?

Christianity is a Jewish sect. My god is the god of Israel--the god of the Jews. I as a gentile only exist as part of the body of Christ because I was grafted onto the root of Israel. The only reason I would ever try to convert anyone out of Judaism would be because I was not part of the Christian religion.

I was debating with a Jew awhile back and he had some pretty interesting interpretations of passages that Christians usually use to support Christ - even some that were quoted by the Apostles in the New Testament.

Both gentile Christians and Jewish non-Christians typically pick and choose what they believe based on their own social, historical, religious, and political contexts. The truth is often somewhere in-between - in areas that are uncomfortable for both. If it were otherwise, everyone would have followed Yeshua from the beginning. Instead, Yeshua's reality challenged and went against broadly believed and widely established ideologies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

What Scriptures do you use to convert people from Judaism to Christianity?

First and foremost, before you do anything else, pray. Make sure that your heart is right with God. I find it's easiest while witnessing to begin a conversation in the natural realm and then swing the conversation over to the spiritual. Follow the example of Jesus and His encounter with the woman at the well (John 4:4-16), for instance. He began in the natural realm, speaking to the woman about water, then He swung the conversation over to the spiritual. Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:13-14). Secondly, take the person through the Law of God, which are the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17), thus showing him the standard of God requires of us. Remember the function of God's Law (1 Timothy 1:8-11) is to bring the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20) and to stop every mouth of self-justification (Romans 3:19). The Apostle Paul said, "I had not known sin, but by the law (Romans 7:7). The Law is a schoolmaster to lead people to Christ, so that they may be justified by faith (Galatians 3:24).

If the Law of God is used properly, it will strip away the person of their self-righteousness and show them their dire need for the Savior. And once the stony ground of an unrepentant heart has been furrowed fully by the strong plow of the Law, the seed of the Gospel can be planted. Start your conversation in the natural realm and then turn it to the spiritual. After you have done this, then take the person through three or four of the Ten Commandments. For example: (1) Have you ever told a lie? What do you call a person who tells lies? (2) Have you ever taken anything that didn't belong to you (no matter the value)? What do you call a person who steals? (3) Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:28). Have you ever looked with lust? If you have, then you are an adulterer at heart. That's three of the Ten Commandments...This kind of witnessing is called Biblical Evangelism and it is taught by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, of the Living Waters/ The Way of the Master ministry. There is a plethora of information and resources on these two sites and there is also a plethora of their videos on YouTube as well. FYI, I personally use this method of evangelism and I know it works.

Here's an evangelism video, by Ray Comfort, that I believe will help you.
Witness Differently to Jewish People? #428 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Christianity is a Jewish sect.

Yes, I am aware that Christianity is a form of Judaism. I would also consider Judaism a form of Christianity (!).

My god is the god of Israel--the god of the Jews. I as a gentile only exist as part of the body of Christ because I was grafted onto the root of Israel. The only reason I would ever try to convert anyone out of Judaism would be because I was not part of the Christian religion.

Interesting. So why don't you capitalize "God"?

Both gentile Christians and Jewish non-Christians typically pick and choose what they believe based on their own social, historical, religious, and political contexts. The truth is often somewhere in-between - in areas that are uncomfortable for both. If it were otherwise, everyone would have followed Yeshua from the beginning. Instead, Yeshua's reality challenged and went against broadly believed and widely established ideologies.

You are correct: people do pick and choose from the Bible. I find that to get an accurate picture of the true nature of God we have to add up every single statement, command, or action of God in all of Scripture. Only then can we obtain an accurate perception of who God really is.

Upvote 0