Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I started playing AD&D when I was 11 and have played off and on ever since. I've got AD&D core rules on cd so if anyone has that and some files like maps and stuff they want to share I'd be interested in swapping.

I got introduced to Shadowrun while I was in the Navy. Those are the two game I still play.

We got hooked up with a group of gamers from our local comic shop. Since we started playing with them many other people from our church have joined us. Now, through discussions and such everyone in our role playing group in saved.

I also played Star Wars RPG, Star Fleet Battles (Which isnt a true RPG but fun), Gurps super heroes and regular Gurps, Traveler and Mega Traveler

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Telrunya said:
I started playing AD&D when I was 11 and have played off and on ever since. I've got AD&D core rules on cd so if anyone has that and some files like maps and stuff they want to share I'd be interested in swapping.

I got introduced to Shadowrun while I was in the Navy. Those are the two game I still play.

We got hooked up with a group of gamers from our local comic shop. Since we started playing with them many other people from our church have joined us. Now, through discussions and such everyone in our role playing group in saved.

I also played Star Wars RPG, Star Fleet Battles (Which isnt a true RPG but fun), Gurps super heroes and regular Gurps, Traveler and Mega Traveler
Man, you should come over and hang out in the "Pen & Paper" section of the Gamers Zone...
I started playing D&D when I was 9, some other kids in my class were into it. AD&D, Top Secret, Star Frontiers, & Gamma World were my favorites in elementary school and junior high; as my circle of gaming friends dwindled the focus in high school was on AD&D. AD&D (1st ed. still), Gamma World and Call of Cthulhu were my favorites in college... Since then I've played Stormbringer, Warhammer FRP, Fading Suns, and WEG's Star Wars. Loved Stormbringer (and BRP in general) and thought Fading Suns was terrific, but I don't have any gaming friends in my area who are into either. :(
I just ordered Castles & Crusades, and I'm very anxious to try it out... (I'll probably incorporate some stuff from 1E AD&D and the Arduin Grimoires since the conversion is supposed to be ridiculously easy.) I'm shooting for a mix of grognard buddies and newbie-rpg'er friends from church, and looking forward to some wild & woolly fun! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

creep

Nov 2, 2004
✟504.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i've played a rake of table top games, d&d, etc, but what i really enjoy is LARP (live action role play) games like camarilla and changeling are great fun. totally off the wall.in changeling i have a jetpack as a treasure.. have yet to use it. at the last meet some guy picked a fight with an empty box of sweets and LOST.

and somebody else got eaten.

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
spacedout said:
Man, you should come over and hang out in the "Pen & Paper" section of the Gamers Zone...
I started playing D&D when I was 9, some other kids in my class were into it. AD&D, Top Secret, Star Frontiers, & Gamma World were my favorites in elementary school and junior high; as my circle of gaming friends dwindled the focus in high school was on AD&D. AD&D (1st ed. still), Gamma World and Call of Cthulhu were my favorites in college... Since then I've played Stormbringer, Warhammer FRP, Fading Suns, and WEG's Star Wars. Loved Stormbringer (and BRP in general) and thought Fading Suns was terrific, but I don't have any gaming friends in my area who are into either. :(
I just ordered Castles & Crusades, and I'm very anxious to try it out... (I'll probably incorporate some stuff from 1E AD&D and the Arduin Grimoires since the conversion is supposed to be ridiculously easy.) I'm shooting for a mix of grognard buddies and newbie-rpg'er friends from church, and looking forward to some wild & woolly fun! :thumbsup:

I played a bit in Junior High, almost never in high school, almost constantly in the Navy (when you're out to sea for six months at a time what else are you going to do?), only online stuff after I got out and went back to Texas, Still only online stuff until finding this group 3 years ago. Now we play once or twice a month and alternate between Shadowrun (Me GMing) and AD&D (My buddy DMing)

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Telrunya said:
I played a bit in Junior High, almost never in high school, almost constantly in the Navy (when you're out to sea for six months at a time what else are you going to do?), only online stuff after I got out and went back to Texas, Still only online stuff until finding this group 3 years ago. Now we play once or twice a month and alternate between Shadowrun (Me GMing) and AD&D (My buddy DMing)
Good point about gaming while at sea, that certainly would be a great way to pass the time; my cousin's husband is a submariner in the Navy, I wonder if he plays at all... :scratch: I will have to investigate further, I sense potential Christmas presents...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cortes said:
Pen & paper isnt the only way to RPG, guys. CRPGs baby! For those too lazy to do it any other way!
:blush:
I didn't mean to imply that... I've been loving CRPGs since I first played Ultima IV on the Apple IIe!

Upvote 0