What Must I Do to be Saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
ZoneChaos,

The Church of Christ in the first century was a visible organization with a central administration located in Jerusalem. It's presiding officer at that time was Apostle James (Acts 15:6-13). >>>

And, the church (as I see it) still is a visible Organization... Hoiwever. while James may have been in a position of leadership, that position was one of a servant. God is the "Officer" if the church. Anyone claiming they are in control of the "Chruch of Christ" may want to check his heart and make sure he is approaching it as a servant unto man, and not an overseer of them.

What visible organization do you have in mind Zone, the RCC? The JWs? The SDAs? The Mormons? The Campbellite Church of Christ? There is only one true church of Christ in these last days Zone.

That's the Church of Christ where I am a member of. Everyone is invited to become a member and become a child of God regardless of race, nationality, color or gender.

It was not composed of different denominations with different beliefs and practices. It did not teach the Trinity or a triune God.>>>

The concept Trinity taught, which is reflected in the scriptures.

The Trinity made it to the scene in 381 AD only. The Bible does not teach that three persons compose the only one God.

one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ.>>>

The doctrine of the Trinity does not dispute this. The Doctrine of the Trinty also states there is one God.

Yes, the Trinity also states that there is only one God but it adds Jesus and the Holy Spirit to what the Bible says. Note what the Bible says: "one God, the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ."

Apostle Paul called members churches of Christ (Rom. 16:16),>>>

Do I see a plural "churches" there? Hmmm... Since there is one one Church of Chrtist (being the Body), then Paul must have vbeen referring to physical locations of beleivers, which he was noting as chruches who beleived Jesus Christ, as oppoesed to churches that served false gods.

During the time of Paul, the word church referred only to Christians. And Paul was not referring to physical locations of Christians. He was referring to individual members, much like us saying Baptists (plural) referring to the members of a certain local Baptist Church,Lutherns, Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovahs, Mormons, etc.

1 John 1:9 applies only to sins committed by people while INSIDE the body or church of Christ.>>>

Stop the boat.. I want off!

So, here, are you saying you believe that sin, within the Body of Christ, is condoned, accepted, and expected? That if we purposely and knowingly commit sin, as a Christian, it is ok? Be careful... if you beleive this, I would double check your fellowship with God. I will know you by your fruits. If this is an example of your fruits.. then I don't know you as a brother in Christ.

Here John is writing for the lost, those who are not saved, that if we (human beings in General) confess our sins, we will be forgiven of them. That verse is for all those who are not a member of the Church.

This only shows how ignorant of the word of God you are. The Bible says that without shedding of blood, there can be no remission of sins (Heb. 9:22). Apostle Peter exhorted people to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:3:cool: . How then can sins be forgiven by confessing them?

Therefore as I said, 1 John 1:9 refers to sins committed while INSIDE the Church of Christ because if anyone sins while INSIDE the Church of Christ, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1).

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Savinggrc,

About sin in the body...

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him

John the Beloved tells us that if we abide in Him, we don't sin and if do sin, we don't know Him. How does that jive with all the other stuff Ed's been saying?

Read 1 John 2:1 savinggrc. "My little children, these things I write to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
E beth,

OK Now I got a question...

1 John 3:6 (Sorry, I dunno how to do quotes ) as stated here, makes it sound like Christians can't sin. At least, it seems that way to me. I understand that Christians are not perfect, just forgiven. But if I abide in Him, I can't sin. So if I do sin, does that mean I am not in Him anymore?

There are two kinds of sins (not venial and mortal sins) that are forgiven in two different ways.

One kind of sins are those committed BEFORE one is reconciled to God. This kind of sin can be forgiven only through the redemptive power of the blood of Christ.

The Bible teaches that it is the Church of Christ that Christ purchased with his own blood (Acts 20:28 Lamsa). The Bibke also teaches that Christ GAVE his life for the church (Eph. 5:25). Therefore, to be covered by the redemptive power of the blood of Christ, one MUST become a member of the Church of Christ in order to be redeemed by the blood of Christ and for sins to be forgiven and be reconciled to God.

The other kind of sins are those committed while INSIDE the Church of Christ. While members of The Church of Christ are expected not to commit sins anymore, members are still in this world, and like walking through a muddy field, one cannot avoid getting some of the mud. Apostle John says in 1 John 2:1 that if anyone sins, members have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
E beth,

Actually, child-like faith is a good thing. It cuts through all the stuff that clouds the vision of God. Reasonable? I would not dare to make it in this UNREASONABLE world without the help of God. Knowing I will make it through another day is FAITH. Science cannot give me one minute of peace.

Yes, I believe what is in the Bible. So sue me.

I'm glad you feel this way. Then, I gather you don't have any problem with my post. Do you?

Ed

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Skepticism isn't always pessimistic. "

Hmm....AA I would have to disagree. Skeptisicm is always asking for proof and I have already shown you that some things are either 1. not proveable or 2. not provable now. Skepticism then dictates that these are false even if they are not. That's pessimistic.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Friends,

What must I do to be saved?

Do you believe that only children of God are heirs and joint-heirs with Christ to the promises of God to Abraham? God's promise to Abraham and his seed is the holy city, the new Jerusalem. That means salvation and eternal life.

Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 8:16-17 that God's children are heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. In Gal. 3:29, apostle Paul identified the children of God as belonging to Christ (Christ's) and Abraham's seed and heirs according to the prommise. In Gal. 4:7, apostle Paul emphasized that a son is an heir of God through Christ.

But how can a one become a son of God in order to become heir to God's promise of salvation? Jesus says, one must be born again. But how is one born again?

First, one must acquire the right to become a child of God. This can only be done by receiving Jesus (John 1:12).

Second, one must be redeemed by the blood of Jesus in order to receive adoption as child of God (Gal. 4:4-5).

Ed

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by edpobre

That's the Church of Christ where I am a member of. Everyone is invited to become a member and become a child of God regardless of race, nationality, color or gender.
Ed

Ed, Iglesia ni Cristo states that Salvation is had by being a member of Iglesia ni Cristo, adhering to all their doctrinal beliefs and the finished work of Jesus Christ. This amounts to Jesus, plus being a member of Iglesia ni Cristo, founded by Felix Manalo, equating into Salvation.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by gunnysgt
Ed, Iglesia ni Cristo states that Salvation is had by being a member of Iglesia ni Cristo, adhering to all their doctrinal beliefs and the finished work of Jesus Christ. This amounts to Jesus, plus being a member of Iglesia ni Cristo, founded by Felix Manalo, equating into Salvation.

gunnysgt,

The Bible teaches that Christ is the SAVIOR of the CHURCH, his BODY (Eph. 5:23). Now tell me gunnysgt, if you are NOT a member of  this CHURCH, will you be saved?

Which is this CHURCH, gunnysgt? I say, this CHURCH in these last days is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO. If you have another CHURCH in mind, say it.

Otherwise, BEDCOME a member of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO if you want to be SAVED by Christ.

Ed

Upvote 0

There is no Biblical basis for this. The two verses most often used to support this are John 1:12 and 1 John 5:12. Protestants believe that receiving Jesus makes one a child of God. Thus, by accepting Jesus as Lord and savior, one receives Jesus, becomes a child of God, has the son and will therefore be saved.

The method of accepting Jesus as Lord and savior prescribed by Protestant churches is to pray the "sinners' prayer" where one acknowledges his need for salvation because of his sins, accepts Jesus as Lord and savior and invites Jesus to come into one's heart.

Again, this method of receiving Jesus and having the son is not supported by the Bible.

Hi, Sounds like you are quite sure that man cannot be saved through confession alone.  Then could you tell me what John 3:16 means (the common one used for preaching) and Roman 10:9 where it says "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved?"  Please don't take this as a challenge, I'm just interested in what you've learned from those verses.  Thanks :)

I'm afraid you were taught a false doctrine my friend. While it is true that Christ died for all sinners, the Bible also says that he gave his life for the church, his body (Eph. 5:25). He purchased the church with his own blood (Acts 20:2:cool: . And Christ is the savior of the church, his body (Eph. 5:23)

Apostle Paul called members of the church that Christ died for, churches of Christ (Rom. 16:16).

Thus, only those who become members of the true Church of Christ in these last days are redeemed by the blood of Christ. These are the people whose sins are forgiven and reconciled to God.

Those outside the true Church of Christ have not been redeemed by the blood of Christ and thus remain sinners and enemies of God.

The invitation for people to become members of the true Church of Christ is open to everyone regardless of race, nationality or gender.

Ed [/B]

So according to you...who belong to the "true" church?  Who decides who gets in?  Are you specificly pointing certain church as "True?"

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by D-Lyte
Hi, Sounds like you are quite sure that man cannot be saved through confession alone.  Then could you tell me what John 3:16 means (the common one used for preaching) and Roman 10:9 where it says "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved?"  Please don't take this as a challenge, I'm just interested in what you've learned from those verses.  Thanks :)

May I refer you to the thread "Who will not be saved?" in this forum.

So according to you...who belong to the "true" church?  Who decides who gets in?  Are you specificly pointing certain church as "True?" 

Jesus says that no one can come to him unless the Father draws him (John 6:44). God calls people into ONE body (Col. 3:15) by the gospel (2 Thes. 2:14).

Jesus says he who BELIEVES (the gospel - Mark 16:15) and is BAPTIZED will be saved (Mark 16:16).

The TRUE church in these last days is the Iglesia Ni Cristo. One ENTERS the fold or church (John 10:9) by LISTENING to the gospel preached by ministers of the Iglesia Ni Cristo, BELIEVING the gospel and getting BAPTIZED into the Iglesia Ni Cristo.

Ed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00

"My dear friends,

do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a  HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Do Trinitarians have the Spirit of God? The Bible says NO! Those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!

Ed

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"My dear friends,

do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.
Ed

Like Jesus, Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT that he was SENT by God and BACKED UP his belief by prophecies recorded in the Bible like what Jesus did. Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT doctrines from God like what Jesus did.
Ed

because it is in the Philippines where this TRUE "Church of Christ" RE-EMERGED.
As anyone can SEE, these doctrinal statements are NOT mandated by the INC Administration but are MANDATED by God THROUGH the INC Administration.
Ed

Like Jesus, Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT that he was SENT by God and BACKED UP his belief by prophecies recorded in the Bible like what Jesus did. Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT doctrines from God like what Jesus did.
Ed

because it is in the Philippines where this TRUE "Church of Christ" RE-EMERGED.
As anyone can SEE, these doctrinal statements are NOT mandated by the INC Administration but are MANDATED by God THROUGH the INC Administration.
Ed

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.
Thus, ONLY members of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO WILL be saved!

That's TRUE! The work of Christ on the cross is NOT sufficient in of itself for salvation
One must ENTER the FOLD or FLOCK in order to be SAVED. That fold or flock is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO, the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the TRUE church of Christ in these last days. It has been GIVEN to them to KNOW The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven THROUGH a MESSENGER commissioned by God THROUGH Bible PROPHECIES.
Ed 

Alpha and Omega

The Trinity: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit

Is the Creedal Doctrine of Trinity Biblical

A brief declaration and vindication of the Trinity

The following links provide information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, it's founder, their doctrine, who they state Jesus is?, what Salvation is according to their man-made doctrinal beliefs, the control they adminster to it's members, their deceptive practices, and the claims of the founder, Felix Manalo and his belief that he is spoken of in scripture as a messenger of God/The 5th angel.

There is a considerable amount of data that has been gathered on Iglesia ni Cristo, much of it from their own publications and former members.

I believe it is well worth the time reading over the information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, indeed.

Examine Iglesia ni Cristi

http://members.tripod.com/insiders_inc/

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/i00.html

http://www.letusreason.org/igleidir.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/table_of_contents.html

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/false_messenger.html

http://members.tripod.com/xcrusaders/angeleast.html

http://www.adeptsys.com/chrysalis/Pages/info/iglesia.html

http://www.nossumus.net/iglesyanikristo/lesson11.html

http://www.examineiglesianicristo.com/honesty4.html

http://thebereans.net/qa-realname.shtml

Upvote 0