Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it takes time to develop that close relationship with the Lord. Many of hearing His voice are short messages. One was when I was finishing my night shift at work. I got all my logwork done & was waiting for about 2 minutes before time to leave. Suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke: 'Wait 5 minutes.'

I stopped & said that was you Lord! OK. I will wait 5 minutes beyond my shift. When I was there about 3 minutes past, the other staff said, "Hey, your shift is over." I said that I had to wait 5 minutes & he asked why & I just said that it was a message & left it at that.

I left after 5 minutes & just missed being in a major traffic accident where cars were strewn across both sides of the road & one person was killed. Thank you, Lord!

Another time the Lord woke me up out of a sound sleep at night and told me to pray for my parents. They were on their way back to home, driving late at night. I got down on my knees by the bed & prayed for their safety.

Right at that time, the Lord had told dad that the car coming down the hill was going to hit them & he told my mom that and steered to the shoulder of the road, even though at that time the car was still in the right lane. But it veered suddenly and still hit them and turned the car over upside down.

My parents were OK but had I not prayed for protection & God gave dad a heads up, it could have been head-on and likely lead to their deaths. Thank You, Lord!

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it takes time to develop that close relationship with the Lord. Many of hearing His voice are short messages. One was when I was finishing my night shift at work. I got all my logwork done & was waiting for about 2 minutes before time to leave. Suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke: 'Wait 5 minutes.'

I stopped & said that was you Lord! OK. I will wait 5 minutes beyond my shift. When I was there about 3 minutes past, the other staff said, "Hey, your shift is over." I said that I had to wait 5 minutes & he asked why & I just said that it was a message & left it at that.

I left after 5 minutes & just missed being in a major traffic accident where cars were strewn across both sides of the road & one person was killed. Thank you, Lord!

Another time the Lord woke me up out of a sound sleep at night and told me to pray for my parents. They were on their way back to home, driving late at night. I got down on my knees by the bed & prayed for their safety.

Right at that time, the Lord had told dad that the car coming down the hill was going to hit them & he told my mom that and steered to the shoulder of the road, even though at that time the car was still in the right lane. But it veered suddenly and still hit them and turned the car over upside down.

My parents were OK but had I not prayed for protection & God gave dad a heads up, it could have been head-on and likely lead to their deaths. Thank You, Lord!

This is the way it should be!!

Of course, we don't always need such important intervention in our lives or the live of those we know, but we should be hearing from Him. We also you be seeking Him every day called "Today", and multiple times during the day. It is not just a case of where God is there to suddenly talk to us only if we or someone we know has some desperate need of a word from Him!

So I loved the testimonies, and they are indeed testimonies of how it can be knowing the Lord and His voice to us. Yet, there is more to Him than that. There is wisdom, understanding, teachings, friendship, love, caring, and so very much more. There is also a Kingdom. A King has a kingdom, and it is written that the angels are all ministering spirit sent to those who will inherit salvation.

So again, I loved the testimonies, but there is more, so very much more. How much and how often are we looking to Him who said he would never leave us, and that He stands at the door and knocks?

We do need to expect that the Lord can and does talk to us, for the reasons that connect to the testimonies above and for more!

Upvote 0