0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, This Question isn't asked in the context of Ignorance. By this I mean, I know and understand what someone must do to Go to heaven.

No see, What I am asking is, What do "you think" A person must do to be guaranteed their spot in Gods Heaven? The reason I ask this Question in this way is, Some people think Their Churches way is the only way, For instance, I've heard That Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons believe you can't go to heaven until you evangelize and convert so many people.

The Baptist believe That No matter what you do in life, No matter how good you are, You aren't saved until you have this "experience where you are born again in spirit" The Church of Christ believe, "And I can testify to this because I was raised in the church of Christ" Do your best, Try your hardest and Maybe you Can go to heaven after judgment, But there is no such thing as a guaranteed spot" So My thing is this, I know that one's name can be removed from the book of life and they can fall from grace. But. Is Heaven A guarantee for anyone? And If so, How can someone Be sure their place in heaven is guaranteed? See the complexity here? I believe Gods word, But so many denominations interpret it differently.

so Can heaven be a true guarantee for anyone? And if so, Is Everyone that Believes In God and that Jesus Died for them Guaranteed Their place in Gods Heaven?

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do my best, I am far from perfect, But for what I lack in perfection, I do have a burning love For God :)
That is awesome, friend! No one is perfect. None of us. But your earnest desire to obey and love and live for God and follow Christ is awesome!

• Friendly
Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah form Old Testament prophecies and trust in The Messiah for His gift of His eternal life.
That is it, do that and anyone looking for eternal life will be given The Messiah's eternal life.

Don't believe me read the Gospel of John

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟83,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is awesome, friend! No one is perfect. None of us. But your earnest desire to obey and love and live for God and follow Christ is awesome!
No one is perfect? No one can even aspire to be perfect?

Matthew 19
21Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."

• Friendly
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is perfect? No one can even aspire to be perfect?

Matthew 19
21Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."
Good point. No one is sinless. But "perfect" here likely means something in the original Greek aside from "without sin or fault".

We have some folks who are well-versed in Greek on here, especially Eastern Orthodox Christians, who might be able to help with that.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Now, This Question isn't asked in the context of Ignorance. By this I mean, I know and understand what someone must do to Go to heaven.

No see, What I am asking is, What do "you think" A person must do to be guaranteed their spot in Gods Heaven? The reason I ask this Question in this way is, Some people think Their Churches way is the only way, For instance, I've heard That Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons believe you can't go to heaven until you evangelize and convert so many people.

The Baptist believe That No matter what you do in life, No matter how good you are, You aren't saved until you have this "experience where you are born again in spirit" The Church of Christ believe, "And I can testify to this because I was raised in the church of Christ" Do your best, Try your hardest and Maybe you Can go to heaven after judgment, But there is no such thing as a guaranteed spot" So My thing is this, I know that one's name can be removed from the book of life and they can fall from grace. But. Is Heaven A guarantee for anyone? And If so, How can someone Be sure their place in heaven is guaranteed? See the complexity here? I believe Gods word, But so many denominations interpret it differently.

so Can heaven be a true guarantee for anyone? And if so, Is Everyone that Believes In God and that Jesus Died for them Guaranteed Their place in Gods Heaven?
It's really not that complicated.

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:30,31

Upon coming to saving faith one's fate is finalized as Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile— the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Rom 10:9-13

Concerning a Guarantee:

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 1:13,14

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟83,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point. No one is sinless. But "perfect" here likely means something in the original Greek aside from "without sin or fault".

We have some folks who are well-versed in Greek on here, especially Eastern Orthodox Christians, who might be able to help with that.
We are commanded to be perfect. The question is, "In what context?"

The context is that of being fulfilled, because the Gospel is, "that what was promised to Abraham can come to God's People", in this case being empowered to be a light to the world, bless it, which many of us have not even embarked on, due to bad teaching.

The word sinless is applied to people who have left serving mammon for treasure that rusts and perishes, to serve God, for treasure that counts.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do "you think" A person must do to be guaranteed their spot in Gods Heaven?
A person needs how God draws a person to Jesus, then trust in Jesus for salvation.

And God prepares us >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

Included in our reason to have "boldness in the day of judgment", then, is how "love has been perfected among us". This is what God does, not what we do.

But included in this process is that we seek God to correct us so we become "as He is" "in this world". And Hebrews 12:4-14 talks about this correction and the result of how our Father succeeds in correcting every one of His children.

This does not say God's correction fails. If He corrects us to become like Jesus, we can't lose this.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My belief is that you must first know that you need salvation. This comes from some experience in the world and personal study of the scriptures. One purpose of preaching should lead you to the scriptures. When Paul says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God," it should be felt in your bones as an aching need. The desire needs to be like. A sinking person in the ocean of sin who knows they will drown without out that hand from above to save them. If you are not clear about this fact, you might just be looking for a comfortable place to sit in church hoping that you have a ticket to eternity.

Second step starts with more study in the scriptures to find out what "YOU" must do to be saved. You might find this verse: "Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness." This would tell you that you must believe in the LORD to be righteous. However further reading will show that this promise was given to a certain person, at a certain time, for a particular reason. You can't claim it for yourself. You should realize at this point that over time the particulars of salvation changed, but the general theme is "Without faith/belief in the LORD," you have no salvation.

So the way I see it you need to look at what Paul wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. He said simply to "believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and you will be saved." In some circumstances Paul followed that with an action but close study should show that was situational. Compare (Acts 16:31-33, Acts 18:8, and 1Cor 1:17) with Acts 16:3. Is Paul saying that you must be baptized or circumcised to have salvation?
I say that those acts were done to fit a situation not as requirements. So in conclusion I say that salvation is about believing that Jesus died for you directly apart from any act you preform (1Cor 15:1-4, 2Cor 5:19-21, Eph 2:8,9).

The result of this change should show up in your daily life, however your life should not be the judge of what you have received. You still carry around that physical body that is so prone to rebel against God. The proof of your change is found in what the scriptures say about you.

1Cor. 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Eph. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph. 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph. 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Col. 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

The best part is I don't see us losing this wonderful gift.

Upvote 0

Evgen

Jun 21, 2019
Odessa
✟15,211.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for you post. I agree with you. When asked the questions about Salvation I try to answer standing on the Word of GOD.
It is written:

Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the Will of My Father which is in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name done many Wonderful Works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.
(Matthew 7:21-23)

We are supposed to keep going. Nothing more. Get out of the spirit dirt you & I may happen to find ourselves in and move.

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
(Luke 15:20)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A person first has to recognize he is a sinner, humble himself, and see the need of a Savior. Romans 10:9-10 says, "if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

Salvation does not require works, but a genuine believer will exhibit life change AS A RESULT OF their salvation. Jesus says in John 14:15, "if you love me, you will obey my commandments." Obeying his commandments is striving to obey everything that is written in the Bible. You may occasionally fail to do so, but you will not habitually and intentionally rebel against him all the time. If we do not love him and have no desire to obey him, we are not one of his.

If we truly are one of his, It can never be taken away. That is the assurance of salvation

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can heaven be a true guarantee for anyone?

The Lord gave us the ability to make choices, and it is written “choose life that you might live”. So, we do have a guarantee that we can choose life, but you could change your mind.

Now choosing like is not converting to a church, but to the Lord our God, Jesus Christ! Note that it is also written that ‘whose-so-ever believes in Him. That word “believes” is often translated “trusts” in other places in the Bible. So, Gracia Singh correctly wrote “Trust in Christ, and follow Him.” Yet what does that mean and what is that like?

Jesus said you must be born again, and that those born again would hear the sound of the wind. John the Baptist said there was one coming that would Baptist you with the Spirit and with fire. Therefore believing/trusting in Him and following Him as your Lord means you are born again and hear the sound of the wind and that He comes and baptizes you with the Spirit and fire.

So indeed we have a guaranteed spot!!

Yet also that ability to take that spot or not!!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟83,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can heaven be a true guarantee for anyone?

The Lord gave us the ability to make choices, and it is written “choose life that you might live”. So, we do have a guarantee that we can choose life, but you could change your mind.

Now choosing like is not converting to a church, but to the Lord our God, Jesus Christ! Note that it is also written that ‘whose-so-ever believes in Him. That word “believes” is often translated “trusts” in other places in the Bible. So, Gracia Singh correctly wrote “Trust in Christ, and follow Him.” Yet what does that mean and what is that like?

Jesus said you must be born again, and that those born again would hear the sound of the wind. John the Baptist said there was one coming that would Baptist you with the Spirit and with fire. Therefore believing/trusting in Him and following Him as your Lord means you are born again and hear the sound of the wind and that He comes and baptizes you with the Spirit and fire.

So indeed we have a guaranteed spot!!

Yet also that ability to take that spot or not!!!
Please explain what happened to you when you were baptized with the Spirit and with fire. Thanks.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please explain what happened to you when you were baptized with the Spirit and with fire. Thanks.

It's a bit off the topic - but briefly:

First note that it says the Spirit and fire, so two things which came come together or not. The Lord speaks to us through the Spirit, who does not speak on His own but as He hears He speaks. He acts like a living telephone line to our Lord Jesus Christ. About 20 years ago I was awoken early and a voice came over my shoulder saying, "READ YOUR BIBLE", and it hit me hard, and shook me up as if someone had hit me on the side of the head. After weird spiritual things started happening. They are best describe like hearing the sound of the wind. I believe that was when I was baptized in the Spirit, and I learned more about it as things happened. Basically I had my spiritual ears and eyes opened at the time, but had to learn more about using them.

The fire came about nine months later. Shortly after I had finished reading my Bible, in the middle of the night I was awoken and upon sitting up it seemed like perhaps I swallowed a bug but it went down with fire and a supernatural fire exploded in by heart. It's hard to describe, but it was a bit like heart burn but not that. I had be praying for the gift of tongues several times the days prior to that, and I picked up that gift then.

Now, I will get that fire inside come to me as a strong presences of the Lord at different times and it has spiritual meaning when it comes, though I often am not sure what it mean right away. Sunday it came to me very powerfully while driving. It brings on my speaking in tongues, and I usually ask the Lord for meaning. This time He just told me to let the Spirit to the work He needed to do, which I didn't understand until about two miles further down the road I came across a bad accident that had just happened. It appeared about five cars had been in it and two cars appeared to have flipped. One was still upside down. One lady had apparently just gotten out but at least one man was still stuck in the upside down car. So it was apparent that the prayers in the Spirit concerned the accident.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
acts 2v37 ¶ .....Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

most people make excuse why they dont do what Jesus said and still claim to be christians !!!

people think that acknowledging Jesus is Christ or God is makes them a believer !!??

eg I believe there is a President of the united states ..!..does that make me an automatic american citezen !!??

all pie in the sky find out your wrong when you die nonsense...

signs follow them that BELIEVE HIS WAY..not those that dont !

now who do you think wants confusion in religions ..!

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

something REAL must happen one on one or all you have is superstitions and mens theology ..which killed Christ before !

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
acts 2v37 ¶ .....Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

most people make excuse why they dont do what Jesus said and still claim to be christians !!!

people think that acknowledging Jesus is Christ or God is makes them a believer !!??

eg I believe there is a President of the united states ..!..does that make me an automatic american citezen !!??

all pie in the sky find out your wrong when you die nonsense...

signs follow them that BELIEVE HIS WAY..not those that dont !

now who do you think wants confusion in religions ..!

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

something REAL must happen one on one or all you have is superstitions and mens theology ..which killed Christ before !

Yes to the above post: though it comes across a little harsh.

It's written that all those who seek find. The thing with repentance is that unless you repent of your ways you are not going to seek the Lord. If you do think that your ways and thinking are not working for you then you might seek the Lord for His ways because your ways do not seem good in your eyes. That's repentance.

Since the Lord is there, you will find Him when you seek Him. A relationship starts to develop, and if you get to know Him, follow Him, get teaching from Him, and some instructions too. As you follow those instructions the power and authority of the Kingdom of God are with you. Thus things happen. And if you regularly make it a habit of listening to Him and doing what He says, things are going to happen regularly. And this is not a "Religious" thing in that you are not following traditions of men but a person you start calling your Lord - Jesus Christ. You realize that He speaks to your spirit via His Holy Spirit. Of course maybe it is a "Religious" thing because He tends to take you to church and has you involved there.

I never liked going to church. My parents took me there as a child. I don't really love going to church today. But because of Him, I now go and have done all sorts of things at church. So there is a religion (Christian) which I am a part of because of Him. I've seeming done everything from vacuuming floors and cleaning toilets at church to working in the healing ministry and seeing legs grow out, walkers tossed, and wheel chairs left behind.

Still, even the most awesome signs and wonders is not what's important nor what is best! Knowing Him and talking to Him is the great part. He is weird, to say the least, but those four little words from Him "Karl, I love you." just shake me up to this day - that God would love Me.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 16:30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Not hard to understand. Just hard for certain people to ACCEPT.

Upvote 0