What movies caused you to be scared when you were a child?

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jaws. :D I do remember catching a scene from "It" on TV once and it REALLY scared me. I couldn't sleep that night. Those are the only movies I can really think of right now; honestly, I hate scary movies...I never ever watch horror movies of today. HATE THEM. They're stupid anyway...they're all the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kiwicee

Senior Veteran
Nov 8, 2004
Way down south in Mississippi!
✟10,211.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was a version of The Nut Cracker called The Nutcracker Prince that I watched when I was little. It was a weird version...anyway there was a part in it where this really snotty princess who was gorgeous was going to bed, in the middle of the night there were these two rats that cast a spell on her to make her ugly but to finish the spell they had to bite her toe. So the rat bit her toe and the next morning she woke up really ugly. Like huge nose, hunch back, mole on her lip...it was nasty. Well the only way to break the spell was for a prince to crack a nut with his teeth. Of course the nut cracker did it and she was free of the spell. But I slept with socks on for about two years after that. For about 3 months I wouldn't stretch my legs to the end of the bed!

The movie explained how the nut cracker became a nut cracker. The queen mouse put a spell on him because he cured the princess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was a version of The Nut Cracker called The Nutcracker Prince that I watched when I was little. It was a weird version...anyway there was a part in it where this really snotty princess who was gorgeous was going to bed, in the middle of the night there were these two rats that cast a spell on her to make her ugly but to finish the spell they had to bite her toe. So the rat bit her toe and the next morning she woke up really ugly. Like huge nose, hunch back, mole on her lip...it was nasty. Well the only way to break the spell was for a prince to crack a nut with his teeth. Of course the nut cracker did it and she was free of the spell. But I slept with socks on for about two years after that. For about 3 months I wouldn't stretch my legs to the end of the bed!

The movie explained how the nut cracker became a nut cracker. The queen mouse put a spell on him because he cured the princess.

Haha, that is my favorite version of the Nutcracker! I watch it every year at Christmas. As a kid, I was cheering when Princess Pearly Pants got bit- she was a horrible person ;)

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Salem's Lot....when that boy in the coffin raised up and bit the gravedigger at the end of the first part....and then the same boy is floating outside his brothers window scratching on the glass...I was very young when I watched that one.

From about 7 I stated reading all of SKs books. I used to be a horror nut, not so much now....but I tell the absolute best campfire stories. My kids love for me to tell them, but never lets me finish cause the good guys (usually kids about their age) always get eaten.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Only 'movie' that ever really bothered me and I was in my twenties then, was Rosemary's Baby(The Exorcist can't touch it's scare factor!).

What scared the Bee-Jeebers out of me was the talking doll episode "Talking Tina" of Twilight Zone! Have a talking baby doll phobia to this day. Also the Boris Karloff's Thriller episode "A Wig For Mrs. Devore". But all 67 episodes are coming out on DVD this year 2010,and I can't wait to see if they still creep me out,LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What scared the Bee-Jeebers out of me was the talking doll episode "Talking Tina" of Twilight Zone! Have a talking baby doll phobia to this day.
I've ALWAYS been scare of dolls and puppets (especially the ventriloquist puppets :eek:), so when I first watched the "Talking Tina" episode from The Twilight Zone...oh my...I'm still scarred. That episode is CREEPY. I will NOT watch any movie or TV show that involves dolls or puppets coming alive in any way...*shudders*...

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've ALWAYS been scare of dolls and puppets (especially the ventriloquist puppets :eek:), so when I first watched the "Talking Tina" episode from The Twilight Zone...oh my...I'm still scarred. That episode is CREEPY. I will NOT watch any movie or TV show that involves dolls or puppets coming alive in any way...*shudders*...

Oh yeah, ventriloquists dummies are even creepier! I have the DVD Dead of Night/The Queen of Spades that has a really creepy ventriloquist dummy story,but that's the only movie with one in my home.

Upvote 0