Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Arachnophobia is what dramatized me as a kid. I remember looking under the covers to make sure there were no spiders in my bed. What about you?
Heights .... had some close calls in that regard. Heights still make me nervous.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Omen. They showed it on television. The child was eerie, the music was creepy and I looked up the bible verses. I wasn't afraid in the sense of needing comfort. It was memorable and had a deep resounding sense of truth. Not truth because of the depictions but the certainty of the antichrist.

While I wouldn't recommend it for young viewers I was impacted nonetheless. I've never doubted satan's existence. Not even during my wanderings and search for God in other faiths. I always believed the devil was real and was bent on our destruction.

Many years ago someone shared a song from the soundtrack. I don't believe I knew the source. But the moment I played it was awful. There was an ominous feeling and unmistakable evil that only a dark soul could love. I turned it off and stopped corresponding with them.

~bella

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Not a movie, but the TV adaptation of It. It was the end of a school term (maybe even the end of the year), and it was common practice for us to watch movies to keep us occupied while the teachers were busy wrapping things up, and someone in my class decided to bring this in for us to watch.

I would have been 11 or 12, and that was my first exposure to horror, and I didn't react well to it. I had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights after that, and while I don't think there were any repercussions, my parents weren't very impressed about us having been allowed to watch it.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
pgeist.jpg

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about you?
e3c99b9f-032e-4e62-ba63-d8e884256cb6_text.gif

Just kidding. Couldn't resist the reference once it came to mind. ^_^

Actually one movie that got me at about 5 years old was Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
That must seem odd, but the scene I walked into the den on was of some burrowing creature crawling out of what looked to be a dead person's ear, and a small river of blood followed it. Then someone shot the creature to ash with a laser pistol or something. At least, The Wrath of Khan was what I remember later learning that the scene came from.
From 3 to 6 years old or so, the sight of blood in any context terrified me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums