Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depressed. Lonely. Tired. Confused. Worrisome. Fearful. Doubtful. Pessimistic. Faithless. Not happy or content at all. And I've been this way for well over a year if not more. If I was like this for longer, then it was over the past year when it got worse. All I'm ever told is to take things to God, pray over things, ask for guidance and patience and whatever else, but without faith, what good will that do? More heavily now than ever before, I feel like God's not going to do ANYTHING for me because I don't deserve it. Why would he look my way when I don't even do anything for Him? He has no reason to at all. And what's that verse say? "Faith without deeds is dead." Or how about that other one, "Without faith it is impossible to please God." So hence, I'm not pleasing God at all, so I'm therefore not worthy of His aid when I feel like really want it, or at least some miraculous intervention, especially when I can't figure out how to help myself first. I don't have the belief that He'll get me out of this, and the more I believe that, the more true it'll be. It's not fair. I'm not a naturally optimistic person. I need help. I can't do this by myself. God didn't turn on me. It was me who strayed from HIM. But why can't He at least yell for me? Why can't He pull my hair? Why must I be the one to make the initial moves when He knows my heart and knows how badly I want to be out of this state if He'd only HELP ME.

My life is stagnant and uneventful. I don't know my purpose and I don't know how to find it. Fear governs me, and now it's become evident that I am creating my own doom and downfall if I don't change my attitude. I just don't understand that when it's SO obvious how pathetic I am, and how incapable I am, why can't God just TAKE ME OVER? Does that go against my free will or something? He'll come where He's welcomed. Okay, so maybe He's not feeling welcomed? Why wouldn't He feel welcomed? Because of my fear. That's it. It's my own fear. My fear tells Him that I don't think He has what it takes to be in control of my life without me being fearful about his power in some way. It's my own fear. There's no confidence in Him. There's no confidence in what He can do for me. He'll take me over when I humble myself. But how much more humble can I be? I don't want to stoop the worldly view of God as just a being that overlooks things and not interacts with them, like some big bully with an ant farm. I don't want to feel like that! BUT BLAH!! Do I have to do EVERYTHING before God'll do ANYTHING? I hate feeling like this. I hate being as doubtful as I am now and not being strong enough to get myself out of it. It's this cursed FEAR of the UNKNOWN that's stopping Him. If it's not that, then I really am doomed. He won't do anything if I won't do anything. But I don't know what to do or HOW to do it. So I don't know WHAT to feel anymore.

And now look what I've done. I've spewed my stupid issues. :sigh:

Upvote 0

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I picked my
Happy.gif
thingy for a reason. :D

I'm tired, frustrated, burned-out from school, and kinda lonely, but Happy trumps them if I let it. I just can't be anything else when I look at the big picture.

Upvote 0

roggel

Jan 20, 2005
Mankato
✟176.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ahh only a week left!!! i am overwhelmed and feel like locking myself in my room and crying. what an image huh? Oh man but when this semester is over i will be so much happier! Along with summer coming and hopefully some warmer weather MN is such a great state for weather changes! it was 40 something today by the end of the week it will be 70 something

Lunalinda i'll be praying for you.
and for everyone else that finals go well :)

God bless
ME!

Upvote 0

DavidPartay

Oct 7, 2002
Australia
✟8,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I looked in the rear view mirror on the way home from work, and saw a father smiling at his daughter as she showed him something from school (in the car behind me).

It made me realise just how much I want to be a dad and stuff. Sigh.

Other than that, I'm doing great :D except I don't have the money or time to finish my car interior at the moment :( I have to wait until August before it'll be finished unless I get a completely free long weekend which probably ain't gonna happen ;).

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
nhzname said:
Feeling a little nervous ... anxiously waiting for a phone call and possible get together. Other than that, trying to stay at peace in the Lord.
Does it help if I say everything will be ok? Probably not...but I just wanted to help. Oh and I have to admit I have been staring at your avatar and watching the vase appear and disappear...thinking Oooo...do it again, do it again! Sorry, I am very easily amused!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
reverie_maiden said:
Does it help if I say everything will be ok? Probably not...but I just wanted to help. Oh and I have to admit I have been staring at your avatar and watching the vase appear and disappear...thinking Oooo...do it again, do it again! Sorry, I am very easily amused!
Thanx. Yeah, surprisingly enough, it does help, doesn't it. ^_^

Yeah, that avatar reminds me that God doesn't get tired of trying to make me a work of art.

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DavidPartay said:
It's 6:45am. I'm about to walk out to the car and drive to work (just over an hour drive).

I don't wanna go to work :( stupid job ;). Oh well. I'll live. It's not a bad job, it's just the whole fact that it's 6:45am and I'm AWAKE.
6:45! Gosh, I've already been at work for almost 2 hours by then. :yawn:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums