Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This election isn’t Trump’s to win. It’s Biden’s to lose.
It may indeed be Biden's to lose, which is why I doubt that he'll be allowed to come out of the basement and campaign very much in person or even debate his opponent as has already been agreed upon.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you looking forward to it? Allegations of voter fraud would give Trump an excuse for repudiating the election in case he loses.

And if he wins the other side will say that too.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When many were in their teens and dumb. But ongoing punishing people who have served their time?

How very Christian of you.

This is just one example of voter suppression.

It's not my place to forgive them. They didn't wrong me.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All the things the OP says, and the fact he can't stand the old way and the clowns that want the old way still. People were sick to death of that old way and they took it all back when they hired Trump...thank God.

Trump has proven himself, he's got a great instinct, he actually loves this country and wants it to succeed, and I personally love the guy, he did just as I expected him to do...walk the walk. Hopefully those who elected him who now know they did the right thing, will be there for him again in November. If it ain't broke don't give it to Biden to break. As far as the left, Trump never will be able to do anything right, they are nothing but hilarious to listen to, and in my view have zero credibility. We can only hope to outnumber them again, as they will never come to their senses and vote for the right man.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It may indeed be Biden's to lose, which is why I doubt that he'll be allowed to come out of the basement and campaign very much in person or even debate his opponent as has already been agreed upon.
Short leash for Joe while Trump shoots himself in the foot and the country in the kneecaps.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would anyone want a person who has shown such bad judgment to be able to help pick our leaders?

*side-eyes Trump supporters...*

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The economy hasn't actually "crashed." What's most likely to get Trump reelected is him doing something about the lawlessness in cities governed by Democrats who are unwilling to act against the terrorists. Up to now, it's mainly been talk on his part.

We now call Americans who use their constitutional right to protest on the street a “terrorist” ?

In Trump’s world 2015 – 2016 it was Muslin from foreign country , illegal immigrant were terrorist .. now Americans are terrorist.. what a progression we made in 4 years.. no wonder Trump’s popularity is only 37%

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I can't say for people in general in the US, but I know what it would take for me to vote for him.

Dealing with the pandemic by following all the advice of the federal scientists and stop undercutting them.

Stop purging the government with his loyalty test.

Get the Congress to extend the financial aid for the country.

And that is just for starters.

You are very forgiving … for me Nothing Trump can do or say will change my mind! He has shown his true color his entire life .. he will not change , neither will I. He is total incompetence to be president of USA

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the things the OP says, and the fact he can't stand the old way and the clowns that want the old way still. People were sick to death of that old way and they took it all back when they hired Trump...thank God.

Trump has proven himself, he's got a great instinct, he actually loves this country and wants it to succeed, and I personally love the guy, he did just as I expected him to do...walk the walk. Hopefully those who elected him who now know they did the right thing, will be there for him again in November. If it ain't broke don't give it to Biden to break. As far as the left, Trump never will be able to do anything right, they are nothing but hilarious to listen to, and in my view have zero credibility. We can only hope to outnumber them again, as they will never come to their senses and vote for the right man.

Yes, Trump has his base locked up and all the things you listed as how he could win are centered around his base. Like all elections, the middle will decide this one. That is where he is currently in big trouble. So, knowing he won't lose support in his base, do you have ideas how he might win the middle back? Because right now that segment thinks they did not do the right think in 2016

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Short leash for Joe while Trump shoots himself in the foot and the country in the kneecaps.
Well, that could be part of the strategy. However, I think that we must also admit that not letting Biden speak in public very much, even with a script, is being done because he appears to be in dementia. If that were to be more widely suspected by the voters it probably would prove fatal to his candidacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We now call Americans who use their constitutional right to protest on the street a “terrorist” ?
Nope. I don't think anyone's doing that.

I have heard the President called a "terrorist" by some of his adversaries, though, and there is of course no basis for that allegation.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Trump has his base locked up and all the things you listed as how he could win are centered around his base. Like all elections, the middle will decide this one. That is where he is currently in big trouble. So, knowing he won't lose support in his base, do you have ideas how he might win the middle back? Because right now that segment thinks they did not do the right think in 2016

I agree, it may fall in the hands of the middle, but if they aren't intelligent enough to see what is so clear to many of us, not much we can do. Trump can only do so much with the time he has before the election to convince them. To me, the biggest thing would be for them to realize, had the virus not come along, we really would be in unbelievably good shape at this point.

Our only other ace in the hole and something the middle will consider, all the left has is Biden, and that my friend is huge unless voters are completely off their rocker. :)

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are very forgiving … for me Nothing Trump can do or say will change my mind! He has shown his true color his entire life .. he will not change , neither will I. He is total incompetence to be president of USA
I don't think I am forgiving, I think I am asking for the impossible from him.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, that could be part of the strategy. However, I think that we must also admit that not letting Biden speak in public very much, even with a script, is being done because he appears to be in dementia. If that were to be more widely suspected by the voters it probably would prove fatal to his candidacy.
Thats a possibility for sure. Its hard to know where that line is between just "slowing down" and actual dementia. I'm not ready to pronounce my diagnosis yet. I'm sure the world cant wait to hear what I think. USA voters have proven ready to elect plain slow and even dementia candidates before tho.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....To me, the biggest thing would be for them to realize, had the virus not come along, we really would be in unbelievably good shape at this point....
I'm more interested in how a president handles real rather than hypothetical situations. Dealing with a crisis is a major test of a president, and we now have a proven failure.

(And I'm not so sure about the pre-pandemic deficit fueled "expansion". I dont think median household wealth was rising that fast, and thats a better test than how many more billions Jeff Bezos accumulated.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm more interested in how a president handles real rather than hypothetical situations. Dealing with a crisis is a major test of a president, and we now have a proven failure.

Who succeed in the pandemic? Who ever succeeds 100% in anything that most of the world including us has little experience with? Trumps handling of that bothers me very little, as there was room for improvement with everyone in the world when it comes to dealing with the virus.

(And I'm not so sure about the pre-pandemic deficit fueled "expansion". I dont think median household wealth was rising that fast, and thats a better test than how many more billions Jeff Bezos accumulated.)

Of course you don't. As I said, some people will never see what is right there in front of them, something a good half the country can easily see.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I don't think anyone's doing that.

I have heard the President called a "terrorist" by some of his adversaries, though, and there is of course no basis for that allegation.

IN POst #10 you wrote "Democrats who are unwilling to act against the terrorists" who are you calling Terrorist?

upload_2020-7-17_10-17-25.png

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was I wrong about median household wealth?

IDK.

One needs to highly consider where things were headed, that is was a work in progress, and going exceptionally well in my view.

All that aside. would you rather have Biden pick up where Trump leaves off, or Trump?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
IN POst #10 you wrote "Democrats who are unwilling to act against the terrorists" who are you calling Terrorist?

View attachment 281150
Despite the copy and paste and the red print, there is no contradiction.

I said that cities which are governed by Democrats have had trouble with terrorists. That's common knowledge. Surely you saw the rioters in action on the TV broadcasts and there has been an official designation by the federal government of some of those looters, vandals, etc. as terrorists.

What YOU wrote was this:

So, no. We don't consider people terrorists if they are merely exercising their Constitutional rights to peacefully assemble or march and protest. But that doesn't mean that there are not also some terrorists in the streets.

Indeed, we have both. Getting back to the topic of this thread, what might help Trump in his re-election campaign would be to take some real action against real terrorists. I don't know anyone who has suggested that peaceful demonstrators should be arrested or prevented from speaking their minds in public.

Upvote 0