What kind of music can christians listen to.

Marcell

Nov 18, 2012
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i listen to rock,hardrock,southern rock,country, 80´s metal. important is, what you think,what you feel when you listen to it. hard to describe, but you can make it to " the soundtrack" of your faith,even if they dont sing about faith. the feeling is important. why should christians dont listen to rock or metal? many metal and rock bands have great lyrics!

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Christians should not listen to metal and rap. That's the bottom line!

Hah. Hahahahah.

Oh you're serious.

Anyway, onto OP: ANY and ALL music is OK to listen to. UNLESS if it:

-Promotes Racisim
-Sexism
-Militarism
-Certain "ism's"
------------------------------------------------------
If you're Christian, you could always draw the line on your beliefs.

Upvote 0

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hah. Hahahahah.

Oh you're serious.

Anyway, onto OP: ANY and ALL music is OK to listen to. UNLESS if it:

-Promotes Racisim
-Sexism
-Militarism
-Certain "ism's"
------------------------------------------------------
If you're Christian, you could always draw the line on your beliefs.

I'm sure there are other ism's out there that could be added to the list. I personally feel music should glorify God and the teachings of the Bible. Listening to something repeatedly that doesn't can't be good for a Christian. From what I have heard there is a lot of passive music out there right now. Music that doesn't necessarily blatantly say anything against or anit-God but it promotes an I don't care attitude which isn't a good Christian attitude.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure there are other ism's out there that could be added to the list. I personally feel music should glorify God and the teachings of the Bible. Listening to something repeatedly that doesn't can't be good for a Christian. From what I have heard there is a lot of passive music out there right now. Music that doesn't necessarily blatantly say anything against or anit-God but it promotes an I don't care attitude which isn't a good Christian attitude.

None of the music I listen to has any of the "I don't care" attitude and I listen to quite a bit myself, exclude Country and Gospel, and certain genres of Rap (There is a good way to go about rap, and there is NOT). You'd be surprised about the many good values in all different forms of music.

Upvote 0