What kind of mouse do you have?

I dumped the rodent control years ago. I’ve been using the Kensington orbit for a long time now. I have one on my game rig and one for my laptop when I play games on it. It’s just an upside-down mouse that you control with your fingertips and not your hand/wrist/arm. It took some time to get accustomed to but it rang up my high scores.

Peace

Upvote 0
Originally posted by l33tace
I dumped the rodent control years ago. I’ve been using the Kensington orbit for a long time now. I have one on my game rig and one for my laptop when I play games on it. It’s just an upside-down mouse that you control with your fingertips and not your hand/wrist/arm. It took some time to get accustomed to but it rang up my high scores.

Peace

I'm curious, hook me up with a link if you would.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JohnnyG
if you have a sec check this out, I have been thinking about trying one of these for over a year, it just looks so weird.

http://www.rotokiller.com/

Looks a little awkward to handle. 16 programmable while in motion would be a challenge I would think too. I’m skeptical but then again I would give it a try if I saw it hooked up at a computer store. I have a Gravis Xterminator that is programmable but it’s a two handed controller. I like it a lot but it won’t run mouse support. I’ve gotten to the point where I program the keyboard the same with all of my games that fit in the same action mode so I have less to think about. If you pick this up than give us a review.

Peace

Upvote 0
I'm stuck with an old apple "puck" mouse, but only because I bought another hard drive instead of a Wacom Tablet...I used Wacom tablets for three weeks working at a graphics house and was sold on them in the first three days. Everything was SO much faster with them...I actually beat minesweeper on the top level! (it's a lot harder with a mouse, for me at least:)

Go Pen's!

(and go BSD)

Upvote 0
Looks a little awkward to handle. 16 programmable while in motion would be a challenge I would think too. I’m skeptical but then again I would give it a try if I saw it hooked up at a computer store. I have a Gravis Xterminator that is programmable but it’s a two handed controller. I like it a lot but it won’t run mouse support. I’ve gotten to the point where I program the keyboard the same with all of my games that fit in the same action mode so I have less to think about. If you pick this up than give us a review.

Peace

At first I thought it was a RPG mouse with all the buttons but they claim its a FPS killer, who knows, maybe I'll ask Santa for one ;)

I have also used a Razor Boomslang, while playing UT it elevated my game 2x but at $80 it was so fragile, if you looked at it wrong it would break....

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JohnnyG
At first I thought it was a RPG mouse with all the buttons but they claim its a FPS killer, who knows, maybe I'll ask Santa for one ;)

I have also used a Razor Boomslang, while playing UT it elevated my game 2x but at $80 it was so fragile, if you looked at it wrong it would break....

How often did you need to clean the Boomslang? I wish the Orbit had a self cleaner, I clean it about every 20 hours to keep it rolling but it only takes 30 seconds to clean at least.

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

How often did you need to clean the Boomslang? I wish the Orbit had a self cleaner, I clean it about every 20 hours to keep it rolling but it only takes 30 seconds to clean at least.

Peace

I'd clean it before I played in any matches or practices, if I was just hopping on and playing a quick game I wouldn't but I never wanted to be in a situation where it was sticking and I had to pause and clean it.  I like to munch when I play though so cleaning was a must :)  I'd still be using it if it wasn't so fragile of a mouse.

Upvote 0