HeavenMindset

Jul 31, 2016
Riverside Ca
✟9,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few weeks ago I was in a hospital counseling a young lady who had taken an unknown drug the night before and had no idea what happened to her after she blacked out. As I spoke to her, she would tell me about the problems she was having with her family and some friends. She would sneak out at night and hang out with “friends” that would drink and smoke weed and take almost any drug available to them. She knew her mother hated it when she would sneak out but she continued to do it despite what her mother and family would say. As she continued to speak with me, it dawned on me! She would often put herself in harms way, not because she was seeking attention, it was because she did not know her value!

When she was finished telling me about a few incidents I softly asked her, “You don’t know your value, do you?” “Do you know how much you are worth?” She began to cry as she stated, “I feel I’m worthless!” We spent the next 10-15 mins talking about her value. Slowly she perked up and began to speak with a little more joy. At the end of our conversation I even had her say out loud that she was valuable.

VALUE:

The value of something is based on how much someone is willing to pay for it! The Mona Lisa is worth $787 million dollars today, because someone is willing to pay that much for it! If nobody is willing to pay a dollar for it, that exact same painting would be worthless!

Imagine that you have a price tag on your head. What is the value written on that price tag? You see, God put the price on it! That price (or value) is not money, gold or silver. You are not worth the life of an animal, or another person. You are not worth the life of an angel or even an elder in heaven! Your value is the blood that flows through Jesus, The Son Of The Living God! God wrote that value on your tag and Jesus paid that price! God said, (not in these exact words) “Jesus, their life, to me, is worth your blood. I need you to go to earth, spill all of your blood and die on a cross so I can be with reconciled to them!” And without hesitation, Jesus said, “absolutely Father, I’ll go right now!”

Now most of us know this but what we do is put this price in the context of the whole world and that is wrong! Jesus did die for the whole world but we are to know and believe that Jesus died for each of us individually! Jesus saw each and every one of us before He came to this earth and as He looked at each of us, individually, He said, “I’m coming to die for you and you specifically!”

What if we lived with the constant awareness of our own value? What if nobody was able to take that away from us? What if no situation or interaction could ever get us to change the notion that God values us more than anything else? Did Jesus die for angels? Did He die for the elders in heaven? Who else did Jesus die for? Nobody! He died just for YOU!

As I spoke with the young girl I told her, “If you need someone to give you permission to believe in your own worth/value, then I’ll give you that permission right now!” And now I say to you, that if you need someone to give you the permission to believe in your own value, (not that I’m super cool or anything) but I’ll give you that permission right now! It’s ok to know your value! It’s ok to live accordingly! It’s ok to have others treat you according to your value because God first, treats you according to your value! Don’t find your worth in anything other than Him, Because He paid the highest of prices for you, because you are worth it!

J. Elias

Jul 31, 2016
Oklahoma, USA
✟9,593.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A wonderful story about your friend there. I think most people nowadays are too caught up in the newest app, gadget, social trend, fandom, etc. to be concerned about the deep-rooted value, meaning, purpose, and beauty of humanity.

As I read your post, I was reminded of this old thought of mine:

"We, as humans, made in the image of God, are completely unrepresentative of His glory. We then, as image-bearers of Him, are worthless, much like a self-portrait is worthless if it looks nothing like oneself. We dead branches well deserve to be broken off and cast into the fire, and God is just in doing so. And yet, what could motivate God to reach out in His grace and save us, unless something in our broken selves was somehow worth saving?"

Reactions: HeavenMindset
Upvote 0

HeavenMindset

Jul 31, 2016
Riverside Ca
✟9,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I do like that quote! I know that God sees something in each and every one of us that He feels is worth dying for. Even if we do not see it, the important thing to stand on is that God does. It doesn't matter how we feel or think of ourselves, it only matters what He says about us! I think we would be blown away if we heard exactly what God says about each of us!

Upvote 0