• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What is your greatest frustration with having PCOS?

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I got the idea to ask this question on another forum. I am interested in reading the frustration. Mine is being overweight and diabetic. I felt like at times, I brought it on myself. Trying to lose weight hasn't been an easy task. I am trying but I am struggling to eat on a low calorie diet. I am on a 1500 calorie diet.

sallyburns

Jan 15, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The weight gain and lack of periods were always what bothered me most. I would fret over the weight and feel miserably uncomfortable all the time. Remember not to eat so few calories that your metabolism is negatively affected. If you eat too few, your body will go into starvation mode and you'll gain more weight. Make sure you consult a nutrionist to find out your optimum calorie range is to keep your metabolism up but still low enough to lose weight.

Upvote 0

lenamuo

Mar 11, 2013
Australia
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you all. My greatest frustration is losing weight, cannot lose at all and periods. So hard to have a period but I stopped the Birth control pill and began using natural therapy and hopefully my period will be back to normal soon. anyway, those with PCOS my prayers go out to you.

Upvote 0

LovelyWife3

Jun 7, 2014
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The hair that is everyone and trying to figure out if/when I am ovulating??? Oh and that many medical professionals either have not heard of PCOS or tell me the exact same thing that I read about online. My least favorite is everyone telling me to just wait or In God's Time. I know that nothing is impossible for God. Thanks everyone for sharing I realized that I am experiencing many of the same things.

Upvote 0

thehappyvirus

Chosen and Blessed
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The hair, weight gain, and the stabbing sharp pains I get often are horrible but in all honesty, it's the negative emotions I have towards myself that I dislike the most.

I know that I shouldn't worry about my outward appearance too much (outside of wanting to be healthy) but I feel so disgusting and manly with all of this extra body/facial hair and this weight I cannot seem to get rid of. People like to poke fun, calling me the "bearded lady" and this doesn't help my feelings toward it all. My self-esteem has all but disappeared. I fear it's one of the reasons I'm still single... maybe it'll be the reason I never marry. Maybe it's the reason I can't get a job I'm qualified for? Maybe it's the reason people stare at me... judge me?

I know God has everything in His hands and so I feel wrong for these emotions, like I'm saying He isn't enough to keep me happy, even though that is not the case at all.

Has anyone else ran into these emotions?

Upvote 0

LovelyWife3

Jun 7, 2014
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello thehappyvirus,

It is so easy to beat up on ourselves as women...even when we don't have pcos. My prayer is that God will remind you of how beautiful and valuable you are even when everything (the world, billboard/commercials, maybe even friends and family members) says the opposite. My facial hair is a point of embarrassment for me, which stops me from making direct eye contact with others. Thank you for being honest and for sharing your feelings, which I am sure that many of us feel the same way.

Many Blessings :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sheiriam

Apr 5, 2015
Somewhere in Eastern Europe
✟7,695.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I got the idea to ask this question on another forum. I am interested in reading the frustration. Mine is being overweight and diabetic. I felt like at times, I brought it on myself. Trying to lose weight hasn't been an easy task. I am trying but I am struggling to eat on a low calorie diet. I am on a 1500 calorie diet.

I did a lot of research on this topic,and it seems that for people with PCOS is harder to lose weight on a "regular diet".
Anyway since you are diabetic are you on a low carb?
Because well that is the recommended diet for pre-diabetes and diabetes.I am struggling with carbs myself.

Upvote 0