What Is You Favorite Passage of Scripture? Why?

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm especially interested in what you have learned from studying the passage. Any insights, word searches, commentaries and of course, personal meaning. This is a very general question, feel free to respond as you see fit. I've just noticed most Christians and even some unbelievers, have a favorite passage of Scripture. It's usually kind of interesting to hear them go on about it.

Grace and peace,
Mark
My favorite passage is from John
It is during Jesus upper room discourse to His disciples where He says....
Let not your heart be troubled...ye believe in God, believe also in Me

Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you'll be saved, you and your household.
One of my favorite for justidication by faith, is Acts 10:43. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in hin recieves forgiveness of sins in his name

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
While it's hard to choose between the Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of John and I could say both, if I had to have only one with me, then John, but truly all four gospels have things I'd not want to miss.

For a single passage though --

Isaiah 55 NIV

:) When you read it you'll see.

Oh that's where the verse is! I've been wondering and love it where it says,
"You will go out in joy

and be led forth in peace;

the mountains and hills

will burst into song before you,

and all the trees of the field

will clap their hands." Is. 55:12

I love that!

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I love these verses in Pslams. Yet strangely I never hear anyone mention these. So many wonderful promises contained in them.

If you make the Lord your refuge,

if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;

no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels
 to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
 so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;

you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.

I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer;

I will be with them in trouble.

I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
 and give them my salvation.” --Psalm 91:9-16 NLT

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I'm especially interested in what you have learned from studying the passage. Any insights, word searches, commentaries and of course, personal meaning. This is a very general question, feel free to respond as you see fit. I've just noticed most Christians and even some unbelievers, have a favorite passage of Scripture. It's usually kind of interesting to hear them go on about it.

Grace and peace,
Mark
1John 3:9,10 "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother."

It speaks of the effect of regeneration being such the believe loses the ability to continue to live in sin, and consequently characteristically does what is right and loves others who have likewise been born of God, this being so inevitable that it is the primary indicator that one has been born of God.

Thus while under the Old Covenant behavior was regulated through fear of condemnation, under the New Covenant behavior is regulated through regeneration such that it becomes natural to do what is right.

Upvote 0