Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The reward is life eternal in Gods ongoing plan. More will be revealed in our eternal future. There are many places to go, many things to experience, endless spiritual growth becoming like God.

I think we'll be like Him when we see Him.

1 John 3
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And where do the Mormons get this theology. Is it from another great revelation that has come to mankind after thousands of years of the inspired, God breathed scriptures that have been followed as the one and only true word of God for over 2000 years? Is this "new" book of theology from man or from God. Did God mention that He would send more scripture? Or, is this just some man pretending to be some chosen messenger for some things God forgot to tell us. Or that God has changed His mind?

I think not. I don't adhere to anything that is from some new revelation to some self proclaimed chosen man or woman.

Actually it's not in the Book of Mormon but in the Bible. Paul in Cor 15 is explaining the resurrection and what will happen. In Mormon doctrine by the time a sinful man is resurrected he will have bowed his knee to Christ for 'every knee will bow' eventually and he will be in a forgiven state. Now it is time for his reword, it's on the premise that all men do some good

"...and they were judged every man according to their works." Rev 20

and they will be rewarded for that good no matter how small it may seem to us, and our Father never stops loving us.

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Remember that in in Galatians he taught

"...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Gal 6

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.

Each of us will be resurrected according to the glory we are worthy of and where we will be most happy. Where we go is really our own choice and we choose by our actions.

In Mormon theology there is no actual hell or lake of fire, we believe this is merely figurative of God's anger and our own shame at our rebellion. There is what we call the spirit prison as Peter mentioned. If a person has accepted Jesus and was a faithful servant upon death his spirit goes into paradise, a place of rest. They will be resurrected to a celestial glory.

If a person did not receive a chance to hear of Jesus during their time on earth they go to sort of a holding place where they are taught the gospel and are given a chance to bow their knee to Christ to receive of his grace and mercy. It is felt that most people will willing and gladly accept the Savior. Their reword will be between the celestial and terrestrial kingdoms depending on their hearts. A Hindu woman who learns Christ like love and served the people around her has as much opportunity to enter the Celestial kingdom as anyone.

And then there are those who rejected Jesus in this life, they will suffer for their own sins by remembering each and everyone. They will suffer the pains of a damned soul until the last farthing is paid. Then they will be resurrected and receive the glory of the Telestial Kingdom which is suppose to be much like this earth but without the pain and suffering.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Actually it's not in the Book of Mormon but in the Bible. Paul in Cor 15 is explaining the resurrection and what will happen. In Mormon doctrine by the time a sinful man is resurrected he will have bowed his knee to Christ for 'every knee will bow' eventually and he will be in a forgiven state. Now it is time for his reword, it's on the premise that all men do some good

"...and they were judged every man according to their works." Rev 20

and they will be rewarded for that good no matter how small it may seem to us, and our Father never stops loving us.

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Remember that in in Galatians he taught

"...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Gal 6

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.

Each of us will be resurrected according to the glory we are worthy of and where we will be most happy. Where we go is really our own choice and we choose by our actions.

In Mormon theology there is no actual hell or lake of fire, we believe this is merely figurative of God's anger and our own shame at our rebellion. There is what we call the spirit prison as Peter mentioned. If a person has accepted Jesus and was a faithful servant upon death his spirit goes into paradise, a place of rest. They will be resurrected to a celestial glory.

If a person did not receive a chance to hear of Jesus during their time on earth they go to sort of a holding place where they are taught the gospel and are given a chance to bow their knee to Christ to receive of his grace and mercy. It is felt that most people will willing and gladly accept the Savior. Their reword will be between the celestial and terrestrial kingdoms depending on their hearts. A Hindu woman who learns Christ like love and served the people around her has as much opportunity to enter the Celestial kingdom as anyone.

And then there are those who rejected Jesus in this life, they will suffer for their own sins by remembering each and everyone. They will suffer the pains of a damned soul until the last farthing is paid. Then they will be resurrected and receive the glory of the Telestial Kingdom which is suppose to be much like this earth but without the pain and suffering.
Well, that's all well and good. However, I know that I will be judged, by Christ, for my actions, serving, following Him, after my salvation. I will, at this time be in glory and my salvation will not be in question. It will only be the rewards for my obedience or lack thereof.

As for the Mormon ideas. They are just some man's ideas from the 1830's. Anything in that book that is not backed by or that backs up scripture is apostate. Just as any sermon spoken in any church must be supported by the written word, so should this over sized essay of what this man thought and put into a book.

It is nothing more than that. It is not sacred, it is not the words of some prophets from 2200 BC. It is not the words of some angel that came to earth to tell this tale.

It's certainly not God's word.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, that's all well and good. However, I know that I will be judged, by Christ, for my actions, serving, following Him, after my salvation. I will, at this time be in glory and my salvation will not be in question. It will only be the rewards for my obedience or lack thereof.

As for the Mormon ideas. They are just some man's ideas from the 1830's. Anything in that book that is not backed by or that backs up scripture is apostate. Just as any sermon spoken in any church must be supported by the written word, so should this over sized essay of what this man thought and put into a book.

It is nothing more than that. It is not sacred, it is not the words of some prophets from 2200 BC. It is not the words of some angel that came to earth to tell this tale.

It's certainly not God's word.
Here is the problem. You interpret the Bible different than the next preacher depending upon what agenda you are pushing. I'm not saying that what you may be preaching is evil or wrong but there can be only one truth. How do you know you have it.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
This is 100% in agreement with LDS theology.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here is the problem. You interpret the Bible different than the next preacher depending upon what agenda you are pushing. I'm not saying that what you may be preaching is evil or wrong but there can be only one truth. How do you know you have it.
Let's just say that, on this point, I'm certain enough, in my walk with Christ that I could go to glory today and not be concerned about it.

Also, since I am saved, it is not an issue of salvation.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed, JacksBratt, we can never earn our salvation or receive it based on anything we do. Christ bought it for us with the sacrifice of His life on our behalf. There is one heaven without various levels. True believers have already been judged and passed from death to life. What is promised them is going to be.

Ephesians 1:13(KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

We will never be unsealed.

John 5:24 (KJV)
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

We were given to Christ by the Father.

John 17(KJV)
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do...

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

We love God because He first loved us! Hallelujah!

And what happens after we first believe?

Romans 8:28(KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Philippians 1(KJV)

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jude 1 (KJV)
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

We will be faultless because of Christ and that not of ourselves!

Luke 17:9-11(KJV)

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

More praise is due to Him Who saved us!

Note: I am having difficulty with the font size. My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's just say that, on this point, I'm certain enough, in my walk with Christ that I could go to glory today and not be concerned about it.

Also, since I am saved, it is not an issue of salvation.
I am secure that there was a restoration of lost truths because of the arrogance of man. I am also secure in my salvation. There is just more for God to bless us with and mainstream Christianity only has part of it.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am secure that there was a restoration of lost truths because of the arrogance of man. I am also secure in my salvation. There is just more for God to bless us with and mainstream Christianity only has part of it.

So you have done all you can do?

2 Nephi 25
23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know that I will be judged, by Christ, for my actions, serving, following Him, after my salvation.

On that point we agree but we also believe a person can fall from grace where most Evangelicals do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you have done all you can do?

2 Nephi 25
23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.

Ya know I've explain this out of context quote I don't know how many times here but we'll do it again.

Nephi is writing before Christ and is under the law of Moses. He explains that the Law is dead and can not save him. Only the blood of Christ can save but until He comes the only thing he can do is obey the Law of Moses because God has commanded him to.

In our case we don't live under that dead law but we are under the living Law of Christ.
Gal 6
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

He expanded the Ten Commandments to love your neighbor, do not judge, to not get angry, forgive everyone and give all that you have and follow him.

As long as I am doing all I can do I'm moving in the right direction. That does not mean I have to everything, just what I can do. The parable of the talents teaches us God doesn't expect everyone to give the same amount just what they can do.

If we are unwilling to follow Christ example of charity and love then we aren't truly saved, we may jump up and down with claims of salvation but a person's fruits are what really tell the truth.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are just some man's ideas from the 1830's. Anything in that book that is not backed by or that backs up scripture is apostate.

My reply is what you think the Bible says in based on the ideas of men who lived hundreds of years after the death of Christ and have very little to do with what the Bible actually says.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
On that point we agree but we also believe a person can fall from grace where most Evangelicals do not.
I believe we can fall from grace, but not out of the family of God.

We have no right to judge those that fall away. Only Christ will deal with that when they stand before Him and God at their judgement.

They may be cleansed with fire and be left with nothing more than their soul and a life of eternity with their savior but it would be better than some who never accept Christ and live eternity in a place absent from God.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My reply is what you think the Bible says in based on the ideas of men who lived hundreds of years after the death of Christ and have very little to do with what the Bible actually says.
The NT is God breathed and inspired by Christ. It is Canon. Just as the OT is.

There is no more scripture or literature that should be taken as the word of God. Not the ramblings of Mohammad. As if some angel gave him more to add to the Bible or create his own.

Not the babblings of Joseph Smith as he claimed that he was some chosen man to bring more information as it was given by some man that lived long ago and returned as an angel. That should be a flag right off the hop as men are men, angels are angels. No man turns into an angel nor angle to man. Angels may take the form but are still angels.

And certainly, the book written in 1911 by"numerous celestial beings appointed to the task of providing an "epochal" religious revelation" as they spoke through a sleeping man. Another obvious red flag.

No, there are good teachers, good preachers, great missionaries, great evangelists, fantastic men and women of God.

However, they pull out one of these books, or any other and start tooting it as being on the same level as the word of God...........and I'm the first one out the door or on a different channel.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

How do you? Try proving it to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The Holy Spirit never died.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ya know I've explain this out of context quote I don't know how many times here but we'll do it again.

Nephi is writing before Christ and is under the law of Moses. He explains that the Law is dead and can not save him. Only the blood of Christ can save but until He comes the only thing he can do is obey the Law of Moses because God has commanded him to.

In our case we don't live under that dead law but we are under the living Law of Christ.
Gal 6
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

He expanded the Ten Commandments to love your neighbor, do not judge, to not get angry, forgive everyone and give all that you have and follow him.

As long as I am doing all I can do I'm moving in the right direction. That does not mean I have to everything, just what I can do. The parable of the talents teaches us God doesn't expect everyone to give the same amount just what they can do.

What is it that you can't do?

1 Nephi 3:7
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

If we are unwilling to follow Christ example of charity and love then we aren't truly saved, we may jump up and down with claims of salvation but a person's fruits are what really tell the truth.

The saved are willing. The unsaved aren't. Jesus does the saving of those the Father brought to Him.

Romans 3
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We have no right to judge those that fall away. Only Christ will deal with that when they stand before Him and God at their judgement.

They may be cleansed with fire and be left with nothing more than their soul and a life of eternity with their savior but it would be better than some who never accept Christ and live eternity in a place absent from God.

My you have some Mormon tendencies.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

LDS very much agree with this.

The NT is God breathed and inspired by Christ. It is Canon. Just as the OT is.

There is no more scripture or literature that should be taken as the word of God. Not the ramblings of Mohammad.
LDS also very much agree with this. LDS firmly advocate that only accept God given revelations/scripture are authoritative and teach of Truth. We reject man-made documents (example the Creeds).

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not the babblings of Joseph Smith

Don't you think perhaps some Jewish leaders said the same thing about Paul and the other Apostles. The Jews were the establishment, they were the orthodox ones. Jesus was the rebel calling them to repentance and turning their world upside down. He told them how they were interpreting the scriptures and they knew not the Father and they tried to stone him for it.

The Bible does prophecy of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon in Eze 37

Eze 37
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

Iza 29
11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned…
18 ¶And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

John told us how to tell a false prophet

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:

I believe the Bible to be God’s word or to contain the gospel message of Christ if the Book of Mormon denied that in anyway then I too would not accept it as being from God.

The purpose of the Book of Mormon is to be a second witness to Christ and his atoning sacrifice. It testifies of Jesus and how he came in the flesh and is the Son of God.

Upvote 0