• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured WHAT IS THE REAL GOSPEL?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by LoveGodsWord, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Nathan@work

[email protected] Always ready :)

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Faith, the only Faith(there is only one), is God's Faith He gives us.

That is the Faith I speak of.

2. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There is only one law that gives us knowledge of sin, it is the same law that shows God's righteousness.

There are not two different laws. Just two different ways of how one law is seen.

The flesh sees the law and it brings death because of sin.

The new mind, one of Faith, sees the law and how righteous it is and the perfect love God shows toward us by giving His Son up to death because we could not fulfill it.

The new mind of the believer rejoices in the law because it shows that Jesus was God's Son and that His death was for our benefit. So we serve that 'law' because of the great love He showed us.

3. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+348
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    that is not what the verses at the end of chapter seven is talking about. Please reread the post you responded to. It has nothing to do with your reply.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  4. Freth

Freth Seventh-day Adventist

+378
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    Grace is God's to give or take away as He chooses. We have no control over it whatsoever. Obedience to "earn" salvation does nothing for you. Jesus made it clear, you can fall from grace.

Have you ever done something for someone out of love without expecting anything in return? My guess is you have, at some point in your life. There is no expectation of anything in return, no hidden agenda, only love and the desire to do for others.

We delight in doing the will of our Lord because we sincerely love our creator. In return, we receive blessings as promised—peace, joy, renewal, hope.

You asked why I love God. Why do I love my mother and father? My brothers? Why do I love anyone? The real answer? I was shown a love greater than I've ever known and it changed my life. It's why I'm a Christian today. I may share that testimony elsewhere, but not in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+3,256
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Well I did make this very plain to you in many posts already all through this thread by quoting Ephesians 2:8-9 stating my belief that Gods salvation is from God's grace alone and there is nothing that we can do to earn it and that we now through genuine faith and walking in God's Spirit follow God not to be saved but because we love God *John 14:15; John 15:10 and it is God who's work it is to save us *Philippians 2:13 and also demonstrated the difference on what the scriptures teach in regards to saving faith and the faith of devils in James 2:17-20; 26. Let me ask you a question now that might be helpful to the discussion. Is someone in a saved state before God in your view if they are knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  6. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In order to answer correctly I’ll have to ask you to define what you mean by a “saved state”?

7. LoveGodsWord

+3,256
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Your response
    Sure, if they die would they be saved if they are living a life in known unrepentant sin.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  8. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+348
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks for sharing Freth. I would love to hear your testimony.

9. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+348
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Right It comes from God, but Who's faith is it though?

And what is this faith?

10. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Anyone who dies without Faith will not receive Salvation. Obedience to the Decalogue is not the equivalent of Faith.

Now, does unrepentant sin equal someone without Faith? I would say in most cases probably, but those are the cases that someone knows they are against God and know He is leading them away from sin, but they make willful choices to continue.

What is not the case is someone who flips in and out of a 'state of salvation'. You are not in that 'state' one moment, then the next not because you sinned, then all of a sudden you repent and your back in.

In other words;

Salvation ≠ Human Sinlessness

Salvation = Christ Sinlessness

Grace saves us through Faith. Grace does not mean we can continue in sin, but it does mean when we do His love covers us.

However, in order for me to understand your question better, I do need to know what you consider 'known unrepentant sin'?

11. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It is Gods Faith, given to us.

Faith is the evidence of things hoped for and the assurance of things not yet seen.

12. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+348
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    So if it’s Jesus‘s faith. Why are you trying to change it. We are to walk as he walked. Jesus kept the Sabbath through his faith. We share in his faith. So unless we are keeping the Sabbath we are not sharing in his faith

13. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well, Faith is not the same for everyone. One source, many different applications.

Hebrews 11 illustrates this very well.

I believe you are speaking of observing the Sabbath in the manner that He did, correct? Keeping(actually its 'remembering') the Sabbath is not the same as observing the Sabbath.

The observance has to do with rituals/ceremonies/traditions.

Remembering has to do with keeping the Sabbath(actual Sabbath, 7th day of Creation) holy in our heart. The 4th commandment has to do with remembering God as the Creator of all.

The observance is outside, remembrance is inside. One is of the flesh, the other is of the Spirit.

I highly doubt anyone alive today observes the Sabbath as Jesus did, in fact, He did not observe it the same way every week. So if that is a condition of Faith or Salvation - we are all toast. However, it is not. :)

14. LoveGodsWord

+3,256
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It is not a hard question Nathan. I am talking about those who profess to be followers of Christ but a living in known unrepentant sin (breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments and not believing Gods' Word). Example see Matthew 7:21-23. Known unrepentant sin is when God gives someone a knowledge of His Word and reveals what sin is to us and we reject Gods' Word in order to continue in sin (James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31). Now Is someone in a saved state before God in your view if they are knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments?

15. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I gave you my answer in the post your quoting from.

I was asking a follow up question to my answer.

I do not view a persons state of salvation. So it is an impossible question to answer for anyone else. I can only answer for myself alone.

16. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I forgot to say thank you for clarifying what you meant by unrepentant sin.

I agree with you.

17. LoveGodsWord

+3,256
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Nathan did you read the post you are quoting from that answers your question. Can I ask what do you think my post you are quoting from is saying in your view so we are on the same page and what is it exactly you are agreeing with in what I said?

18. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think my second post(last one) to you explains it.

I am sorry for the confusion. :)

19. LoveGodsWord

+3,256
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Oh ok so you agree that someone that may profess to know the truth of God's Word if they are living in a life of known unrepentant sin is not in a saved state with God?

20. Nathan@work

+337
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Correct.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List