What is the purpose of the thousand-year reign of Christ?

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find it sadly humorous, the way Christians seem to always take a thousand years to mean a day. Or a day to mean a thousand years. This seems to be any time they read the phrase.. But what does the Word say?

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

To an eternal being one could say that a thousand years would seem like a day, or even one day seem like a thousand years....To an eternal being, time would be totally irrelevant.
So....What was the chapter talking about? Was God saying that every time you read the phrase 'one day' you are to automatically read 'a thousand years'? Definitely not. Let me give you a few examples of why not...

Jesus and His disciples were going to preach at a nearby town. Jesus wanted a fig from a tree...No figs....Jesus cursed the tree, the disciples looked at each other and shrugged. They got to the town and Jesus preached, then the next morning they passed that fig tree again..It was dead from the roots up....Did they pass the tree again the next day? Or a thousand years later?

They laid Jesus in the tomb..He was there for three days.....Three thousand years? Or three days?

And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. Forty thousand years? Or forty days?
Consider.....What was the chapter talking about? What was the problem Paul was dealing with? People were getting impatient with waiting on God and Paul was explaining to them that we are no working on mans time, but on eternity, where time is not..

The thousand year reign of Jesus, which will begin soon, is a thousand years. Its purpose? It gives humanity a last chance to turn to Him, unhindered by the tempter. Even then some will refuse His invitation....

The second reason is a bit more abstract, a bit more hidden.....The Bride...Who will rule with Him needs training.....That is when she will be training.. Where does the Word say that? Start here.
Revelation 20:6
Amen !

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this.

I agree with this.

I don't agree with this.

I agree with this.
LOL Its the nature of eternity....It has no beginning and no end...Eternity always was...God's eternal kingdom always was and always will be.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eternity has started in Matthew 25:46, the kingdom seen in verse 34 is eternal.
Eternity started then ? Eternity has no beginning and no end :)
When Jesus Returns, The Eternal Kingdom Begins.
since you believe Jesus will not come to earth , where does he return to and precisely how will you know he has arrived where you say he will be?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL Its the nature of eternity....It has no beginning and no end...Eternity always was...God's eternal kingdom always was and always will be.

All of this true except for in our case. I'm pretty certain that poster I was replying to was meaning eternity in regards to us, and not an eternity that can only apply to God. Only God can experience an eternity that has no beginning or no end. We on the other hand can only experience the part which has no end, and that that eternity is yet to be experienced by we humans. After all, we do have a beginning, God doesn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 6 speaks of Jesus' thousand year reign on Earth.
The Word is true..You are wrong.
There is no future 1000 year earthly kingdom found in scripture, where Jesus Is going to hang out on earth with mortal humans.

Jesus warned the believer against this teaching in Matthew 24:23-27

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eternity started then ? Eternity has no beginning and no end :)

since you believe Jesus will not come to earth , where does he return to and precisely how will you know he has arrived where you say he will be?
The best place to see the retun of Jesus Christ, is in Zechariah 14, you see the return and "New Creation" being revealed.
Jesus will return to Mount Olivet, at this very second in the twinkling of an eye, eternity begins in the new heaven, earth, Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason I mention Noah and Lot is simply because there is very explicit instruction from God in HOW he will save then from the destruction that God is sending upon the land

Noah - Build an ark in that ark you will not be harmed
Lot - Get out of that city NOW for I am going to destroy it - if you stay you will die -get out of that city and don't even look back at , look at what happened when his wife looked back --very explicit

NO Such instruction at all about God saying how he will protect people through the Great Trib- except that Jesus will remove those who are committed unto HIM Before the Great Trib begins ,
Please provide the verses and chapter saying that Jesus ""will REMOVE OUT OF THE EARTH those who are committed unto HIM Before the Great Trib begins ....""

Even in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 there is no mention that Jesus will return to Heaven with someone.

It is said that Jesus WILL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN ......Not that Jesus will return to Heaven .

By the way how many time do you think Jesus will COME in the CLOUDS ....at the SOUND OF A TRUMPET....TO GATHER the believers ?

Matthew 24:29-31 say the same thing that 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Matthew 24:29-31
29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man COMING on the CLOUDS of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send forth his angels with a great SOUND of a TRUMPET, and they shall GATHER TOGETHER his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OH I forget ...John 17:15 is the proof that a "REMOVAL OUT OF THE EARTH" before any kind of tribulation small or great of those who are committed unto HIM is NOT at the agenda...

John 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Matthew 24:13 have been written also to those who are comitted unto HIm
Matthew 24:13
13 But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.

Revelation 3:12
12 He that overcometh, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out thence no more: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and mine own new name.
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

Revelation 21:7
7 He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 12:11 Tell us how those who are comitted unto Him will overcome the Beast during the 42 months reign of the Beast :

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony; and they loved not their life even unto death.

Luke 9:24
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The best place to see the retun of Jesus Christ, is in Zechariah 14, you see the return and "New Creation" being revealed.
Jesus will return to Mount Olivet, at this very second in the twinkling of an eye, eternity begins in the new heaven, earth, Jerusalem.
That is soooo funny , I have told you at least a half dozen times that Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives/Mount Olivet which is EARTH , but you have insisted that Jesus will not come to earth
2 things you have in error
1.- This is not the New Earth or New Jerusalem the bible speaks of as that happens AFTER the 1000 years that satan is bound in the pit has expired and satan is thrown into the lake of fire that was made for him and the angels that followed him ,

2.- the phrase -in the twinkling of an eye is referenced to how fast the BELIEVERS body is changed from corruptible into incorruptible

It is a time when the eternal realm has been made available to the saints who rule and reign with Christ, who rule and reign over mortal humans that populate the earth during the 1000 years

Zehariah 14New King James Version (NKJV)

The Day of the Lord

14 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;

Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.

10 All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses.

The people shall dwell in it;
And no longer shall there be utter destruction,
But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

That a great panic from the Lord will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor,
And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;
Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.
And the wealth of all the surrounding nations
Shall be gathered together:
Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.

Such also shall be the plague
On the horse and the mule,
On the camel and the donkey,
And on all the cattle that will be in those camps.
So shall this plague be.

The Nations Worship the King

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the Lord of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

the reason having no rain is a plague is simply because then as now there are mortal humans that need rain for their food crops to grow , those who have a glorified body don't need food , olny the mortals need food that rains allows to grow
Saints are people who have served the LORD GOD during their lives , be it OT Saints , NT Saints , and a couple of references to angels
COME WITH CHRIST JESUS When He returns to Earth :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please provide the verses and chapter saying that Jesus ""will REMOVE OUT OF THE EARTH those who are committed unto HIM Before the Great Trib begins ....""
I can and I will , will you provide scripture where Jesus says that people that have accepted Jesus salvation BEFORE the Great Trib begins will go through it and HOW he will protect them as they go through it ...

the only thing post tribbers have is ASSUMPTION as there is NO scripture that says as they say

The reason I say "provide scripture where Jesus says that people that have accepted Jesus salvation BEFORE the Great Trib begins"

Is simply because there are people who accept Christ salvation AFTER the Great Trib begins - and those are the people post trib speak about -HUGE difference between those who accept salvation BEFORE the Great Trib begins and those who accept it After it begins

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be nice if you showed that experience level here in the forum
the New Covenant and how you wish to push it is not directly related to what I speak about
You have formed an opinion that you want to push as if you and only people who agree with you are correct , which is actually incorrect

Since the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, it is not an "opinion".
It is a fact.

The Books of the Bible found from Matthew through Revelation are books that reveal The New Covenant of Christ.
At the Last Supper in Matthew 26:28, Christ revealed that He would fulfill this New Covenant with His blood.

You have yet to show how my understanding of the New Covenant is "incorrect".

So far you have attempted to ignore the New Covenant, because it destroys the Two Peoples of God doctrine and its Pre-trib removal of the Church.

All false doctrines are not revealed by the scripture quoted by its proponents, but rather by the scripture they must ignore to make it work.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is soooo funny , I have told you at least a half dozen times that Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives/Mount Olivet which is EARTH , but you have insisted that Jesus will not come to earth
2 things you have in error
1.- This is not the New Earth or New Jerusalem the bible speaks of as that happens AFTER the 1000 years that satan is bound in the pit has expired and satan is thrown into the lake of fire that was made for him and the angels that followed him ,

2.- the phrase -in the twinkling of an eye is referenced to how fast the BELIEVERS body is changed from corruptible into incorruptible

It is a time when the eternal realm has been made available to the saints who rule and reign with Christ, who rule and reign over mortal humans that populate the earth during the 1000 years

Zehariah 14New King James Version (NKJV)

The Day of the Lord

14 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;

Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.

10 All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses.

The people shall dwell in it;
And no longer shall there be utter destruction,
But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

That a great panic from the Lord will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor,
And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;
Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.
And the wealth of all the surrounding nations
Shall be gathered together:
Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.

Such also shall be the plague
On the horse and the mule,
On the camel and the donkey,
And on all the cattle that will be in those camps.
So shall this plague be.

The Nations Worship the King

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the Lord of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

the reason having no rain is a plague is simply because then as now there are mortal humans that need rain for their food crops to grow , those who have a glorified body don't need food , olny the mortals need food that rains allows to grow
Saints are people who have served the LORD GOD during their lives , be it OT Saints , NT Saints , and a couple of references to angels
COME WITH CHRIST JESUS When He returns to Earth :)
You act as if your millennial kingdom takes place after the return of Jesus?

The earth is burned up, as Zechariah 14:12 shows the day of the Lord take place, as men are dissolved by the Lords fire, eyes, tongues, bodies.
2 Peter 3:10-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Revelation 20:9, Nahum 1:5, Micah 3:2, Isaiah 24:20, 1 Corinthians 3:13

You disregard Jesus returns in fire judgment, as you continue to believe in error this earth remains, "It Is Dissolved By Fire" :)

When you understand, When Jesus returns with the Holy angels, the final judgment, eternal kingdom takes place, please read Matthew 25:31-46 do you disregard the fact in verse 46 the believer receives "Eternal Life", and enters the "Eternal Kingdom" in verse 34.

You pretend like Matthew 25:46 does not exist in the Holy Bible, read it again, "Eternal Life" :)

When Jesus returns its "Eternal Life/Eternal Kingdom"!

Your Earthly 1000 year kingdom is "Gone" on this one scripture alone, God doesn't lie his word is true, read it again Matthew 25:46 "Eternal Life" :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The main purpose of Jesus’ 1,000-year reign is to fulfill the prophecies given to Israel and the promises made to Jesus, the nations, and the whole earth.
All passages used to describe conditions in a yet-future 1,000 year millennium are actually referring to the eternal utopian new heavens and new earth. There will not be a yet-future 1,000 year millennium, nor a rapture. All verses used to support the rapture are actually referring to the yet-future second coming of Christ.

The promises are all literally fulfilled in the eternal utopian new heavens and new earth.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You act as if your millennial kingdom takes place after the return of Jesus?

It begins when Jesus returns , your whole doctrine is what is burned up as you are not understanding what the scripture really says in plain language :)

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus warned the believer against this teaching in Matthew 24:23-27

No wonder some of us can't get ourselves to agree with you here. You use a passage that has to do with before Christ even returns, then somehow to you this means Christ was teaching against a future thousand years here. Do you not realize all that has to be involved in a future 1000 year period? For one Christ has to bodily return in power and glory, where we then become immortal after meeting Him in the air as He is descending towards the earth. You think all of those things could take place out in the desert, lol? Do you think we Premils are really this lame to where we might get fooled by one of these false christs, thus thinking the thousand years are here? LOL, get real. Seriously, you need to find a better way to disprove the future thousand years. The above isn't working. It's pretty much insulting actually, to use that passage and claim Jesus is teaching against a future thousand year period. As if we Premils are so lame that we are going to somehow believe one of these false christ's might be the real one, and that this false christ has the kingdom of God with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You pretend like Matthew 25:46 does not exist in the Holy Bible, read it again, "Eternal Life" :)

In context though, there are only two groups in view, the sheep and the goats, and that everyone on the planet are not being meant by these. The sheep represent the profitable servants of Christ. The goats represent the unprofitable servants of Christ. How can one not see what Jesus was talking about at the end of Matt 24 and the beginning of Matt 25, which then led up to Him talking about the sheep and goats judgement? The sheep and goats only represent the professed servants of Christ, where some are profitable and others unprofitable. Currently where would all of the professed servants of Christ be located? Throughout the nations of the earth obviously. Thus why He is seen gathering these from the nations when He returns.

Ezekiel 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

This pretty much describes the sheep and goats judgment. Look at verse 38 and compare to the sheep and goats judgment. Notice that the text says---And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me. Which is the same thing He does in the sheep and goats judgment. Also note---I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn. Which is also the same thing He does during the sheep and goats judgment by gathering them out of the nations. And finally note---and they shall not enter into the land of Israel. Exactly what He does in the the sheep and goats judgment by not allowing the goats to inherit the kingdom even though they assumed they should.

Context matters believe it or not. And in context, as I have show in all of the above, the sheep and goats don't represent everyone on the planet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, you need to find a better way to disprove the future thousand years.

OK.

The "nations" and "wrath" and "the time of the judgment of the dead" are found in Revelation 11:18.
You cannot have a judgment of the dead, without the resurrection of the dead described by Christ in John 5:27-30.
This occurs right after the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible.

Based on 1 Corinthians chapter 15, death dies at the last trumpet.

What was Peter looking for on the Day of the Lord when He comes as a thief in 2 Peter 3:10-13?

Based on 2 Timothy 4:1, Christ judges both the living and the dead at his return.

Because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16 and also in chapter 19, we know the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

In 2 Thessalonians chapter 1 Paul says that Christ returns in "flaming fire".
When does the fire come in Revelation chapter 20?

What is the first resurrection found in John chapter 5, at John 5:24?

Do you think the One who defeated sin and death at Calvary will be performing funeral services during your view of the Millennium?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on 1 Corinthians chapter 15, death dies at the last trumpet.

In context though, for whom? Only for the believers obviously.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ .

This passage in context only applies to the saved and for certain not the unsaved as well. Look at verse 57. Do you seriously think this would be true of the unsaved as well? And in verse 54---Death is swallowed up in victory---do you think it is swallowed up in victory for the unsaved as well, meaning the ones who will be cast into the lake of fire?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the One who defeated sin and death at Calvary will be performing funeral services during your view of the Millennium?

I don't know how that might work out. But there is always that chance that there will be very few deaths among the mortal survivors during this time. In the beginning of time some men lived very long lives, Adam being a good example. And he did that in a fallen state. It is then not unreasonable to conclude that mortals could live an entire thousand years, thus still be alive when satan is loosed. Some Premils apparently also believe procreation among the mortals will continue on throughout the millennium. Can't say I exactly agree with that myself. Nor do I agree any animal sacrificing will be taking place.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In context though, for whom? Only for the believers obviously.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ .

This passage in context only applies to the saved and for certain not the unsaved as well. Look at verse 57. Do you seriously think this would be true of the unsaved as well? And in verse 54---Death is swallowed up in victory---do you think it is swallowed up in victory for the unsaved as well, meaning the ones who will be cast into the lake of fire?

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 

Either the curse is lifted at His Second Coming, or it is not.
You cannot have the lion and the lamb laying down together and still have people dying.

How does Matthew 25:31-46, and 2 Timothy 4:1, and Revelation 11:18 fit into your carnal kingdom plan?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In context though, there are only two groups in view, the sheep and the goats, and that everyone on the planet are not being meant by these. The sheep represent the profitable servants of Christ. The goats represent the unprofitable servants of Christ. How can one not see what Jesus was talking about at the end of Matt 24 and the beginning of Matt 25, which then led up to Him talking about the sheep and goats judgement? The sheep and goats only represent the professed servants of Christ, where some are profitable and others unprofitable. Currently where would all of the professed servants of Christ be located? Throughout the nations of the earth obviously. Thus why He is seen gathering these from the nations when He returns.

Ezekiel 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

This pretty much describes the sheep and goats judgment. Look at verse 38 and compare to the sheep and goats judgment. Notice that the text says---And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me. Which is the same thing He does in the sheep and goats judgment. Also note---I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn. Which is also the same thing He does during the sheep and goats judgment by gathering them out of the nations. And finally note---and they shall not enter into the land of Israel. Exactly what He does in the the sheep and goats judgment by not allowing the goats to inherit the kingdom even though they assumed they should.

Context matters believe it or not. And in context, as I have show in all of the above, the sheep and goats don't represent everyone on the planet.
Matthew 25:31-46 & Revelation 20:11-15 are the same judgment, your claim the goats are servants of Christ is way out in left field, as they represent the wicked and are cast into the "Final Lake Of Fire" in verse 34
The righteous enter "Eternal Life" in verse 46, into the "Eternal Kingdom" seen in verse 34

Thats 100% correct, Jesus returns with the holy angels, for eternal judgment as seen in Matthew 25:31-46 & Revelation 20:11-15 "The End" Eternity Begins :)

Your claim a 1000 year earthly kingdom takes place after Matthew 25:31-46 is 100% false in my observation of scripture

Upvote 0