What is the greatest moral threat to Christianity in the U.S.?

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1) Islamic terrorists

2) Consumerism

3) Spread of atheism.

4) Global Warming

5) Expansion of LGBT rights

6) Atheist Terrorists

7) Christian Fundamental Terrorists

8) Atheist Doctors in abortion clinics

9) Obamacare

10) Satanists
11. Overbearing judgemental Christians

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
11. Overbearing judgmental Christians
This. Christianity's main attraction could be its founder's message of forgiveness and compassion. If half of all Christians followed the morality of Jesus half the time, it would change the world. Yet so many people reduce it to a sort of Victorian headmaster's religion which exists to condemn gay people and swear words, and is absolutely obsessed with sex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
This. Christianity's main attraction could be its founder's message of forgiveness and compassion. If half of all Christians followed the morality of Jesus half the time, it would change the world. Yet so many people reduce it to a sort of Victorian headmaster's religion which exists to condemn gay people and swear words, and is absolutely obsessed with sex.

And yet Churches make up the vast majority of charities.

God is love and there is no greater embodiment of that than Christ. However, God is also wraith, and fear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant

Atheists don't forgive sinners, they embrace the sin.
Forgiving a sinner, is loving the person despite the sin, it's not about saying there is no sin.

Does a atheist look at a sinner, tell him he sins and loves him despite it?
Or does a atheist say there is no sin and turn a blind eye to evil?

Jesus never said sin was okay, he loved people despite their sins, he didn't tell people it's okay to sin.

I truly believe Jesus would love homosexuals, I have no doubt of that, however, I would never believe Jesus would say homosexuality is not a sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) Islamic terrorists
2) Consumerism 3) Spread of atheism. 4) Global Warming 5) Expansion of LGBT rights 6) Atheist Terrorists 7) Christian Fundamental Terrorists
8) Atheist Doctors in abortion clinics 9) Obamacare
10) Satanists

#10 is the correct answer, but that label is not up to date.
Today they are referred to as selfish or "people with a big ego."

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A million times this, but let's sit back and watch the special pleading and atheist blame as it unfolds *popcorn*

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good. I'm not saying all Christians fail to practice love and forgiveness, or even most Christians. It's just that in my experience, too many Christians care much more about masturbation, inappropriate contentography and homosexuality than poverty and hatred, which a lot of them actually defend. I just read Martin Luther King's account of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, where he said the most consistent supporters of racism were very religious people (and he was a minister, so he had no grudges against Christianity). Look at any thread on CF involving race—like my last two threads, where I tried to refute racist misconceptions—and you'll see the same pattern. I've also noticed, as a double-minority, that people who hate me for being who I am tend to be Christian fundamentalists. A lot of other people notice that too, and are turned away from Christianity as a result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
1) Islamic terrorists

2) Consumerism

3) Spread of atheism.

4) Global Warming

6) Atheist Terrorists

9) Obamacare

10) Satanists

11) Education.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And Christians make up the vast majority of the prison population. Not sure what it proves, other than that there are a lot of Christians in this country.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1) Islamic terrorists

2) Consumerism

3) Spread of atheism.

4) Global Warming

6) Atheist Terrorists

9) Obamacare

10) Satanists

And the response on the part of the state and individuals should be what?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The biggest threat to America in my mind has been the wealthy have the tax laws setup now so they collect 95% or so of the wealth generated in the US.
So the country is moving toward the few have almost everything and most needing assistance from the government to get by.

Upvote 0