What is the Falsification for Abiogenesis and Theory of Evolution?

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,624.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You won't hear a thing if you can't accept the validity of the one speaking, will you?

It wouldn't matter if one person spoke to you, or a hundred, if you can't hear validity.
I suspect that I've accepted the validity of the one speaking to me way more than realized. When it comes to the Earth, I've also accepted the validity of what I see right in front of me. The Earth can not lie.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suspect that I've accepted the validity of the one speaking to me way more than realized. When it comes to the Earth, I've also accepted the validity of what I see right in front of me. The Earth can not lie.
Are you going to run away with your Earth then, when your Earth runs away from its Creator?

I suspect it's going to leave you in the dust.

• Haha
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But they are based on various deities or supernatural events, are they not?
Some are. Some are not.

Let's set God and the supernatural aside for the point I'm making and tell me what year it is.
Who's calendar are we using?
According the the calendar of the French Revolution. it's the 26th day of Germinal, in the year 230 of the Republic.

Can't do it though, can you?
I just did

That's because, in the back of your mind, you know God exists.
I know no such thing.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Larry 23:45 but, you wont be lifted up from the earth

When Gene Roddenberry created the Star Trek series, he didn't want to include any references to deities or religions.
And?

To his surprise, he found he couldn't do it.
The thing about gods is, they are useful.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you going to run away with your Earth then, when your Earth runs away from its Creator?

I suspect it's going to leave you in the dust.

Gravity?

You know that the Earth was formed by gravity, right?

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Only to a point.

I believe if they found evidence of Noah's flood, they would claim it occurred n-million years ago.

Thus heaping more coals on the fire for YECs and Embedded Agers.
You do tend to believe the most absurd things, no matter what the evidence to the contrary.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Interesting that the Grand Canyon was allegedly forged by the Colorado River 70 million years ago, but the Mississippi River, allegedly forged 40 million years ago, doesn't have a canyon.
Only if you find the most boring and prosaic things interesting.
Where is the Mississippi?
Its on a broad flood plain.

Upvote 0

Bertrand Russell White

Apr 5, 2021
Brockville
✟21,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that.

That would be an amazing coincidence.

When did that "common era" start?

Without the birth of Jesus, there wouldn't be a consensus, would there?

Is it 2021 CE? 6025 CE? 300,000 CE?

I mean, some use Metric and some use Imperial?

So I'll ask:

What year would it be right now, if Jesus had never been born?

And since I doubt very seriously I'll get an honest straightforward answer, I'd say honest answers would include a variety of answers, based on the event being used for 1 CE.

I guess I would ask several questions along the line of where this line of thinking is going.

1. Why do you think there would or wouldn't be consensus if Jesus wasn't born? Other cultures have their own calendars. One would expect general consensus to occur eventually when human civilizations became large enough to globally interact for convenience.
2. Why do you use the example of Imperial and Metric? Science uses metric globally by consensus.
3. Why do you ask the question "What year would it be right now, if Jesus had never been born"? There would be obviously some other choice based on some other random factors that were selected by consensus especially as the world became global.

The reason is for human convenience, and because certain events are considered important (in the case of Jesus). The first (human convenience) is necessary, the second (Jesus) non-necessary but sufficient as could any other event considered very important by a large group of people.

The problem with saying something is designed versus natural is if there is such a thing as designed, it can still be included in natural (natural is a sub-set of design, but all things seem to be able to come from nature without any design necessary). But is what you are suggesting outside the set of nature and inside the set of designed only? How do you differentiate (remember, you to are in the nature sub-set)? Are there things, that are not in the sub-set of nature, possibly in the set of designed things (or super nature, above nature, beyond nature?)? If not, then there is no difference, and why not just talk about nature? If you are trying to say designed is necessary, why? What limits nature from being necessary?

Upvote 0

Bertrand Russell White

Apr 5, 2021
Brockville
✟21,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I seriously doubt a valid answer would be recognizable among the more educated here.

How about - "The Bible says it, so that settles it".

(BTW - never saw responses to some of my questions related to my last statement "The Bible says it..." from my previous post. Perhaps I missed it)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you need clarification?

If you ask me what year it is ... or any 2nd grader ... you'd get 2021 without hesitation.

But take God out of the picture, and even adults won't tell me what year it is.

(But to their credit, I suspect they've never thought about it before; and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to come up with a consensus.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know that the Earth was formed by gravity, right?
I've heard that rumor before.

I don't believe it, but I've heard it before.

"Accretion," I think it's called.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bertrand Russell White

Apr 5, 2021
Brockville
✟21,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Some are. Some are not.

According the the calendar of the French Revolution. it's the 26th day of Germinal, in the year 230 of the Republic.

I just did

I know no such thing.

Larry 23:45 but, you wont be lifted up from the earth

And?

The thing about gods is, they are useful.

I must say, this is the most ridiculous argument for god's existence I've ever seen - using the consensus on a calendar! There are currently about 40 calendars in use in the world today. Where do people come up with these ideas!!

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then why will she run like a coward when her Creator shows up?
Ok... who is the "she" you are invoking?

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
I sat on a great white throne this morning.
Always wash your hands after

She's killed a lot of people since her arrival, hasn't she? now she knows it's time to face the consequences, doesn't she?
Who's killed a lot of people? Who is this "she" you are invoking?

1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
Huh?
What is this even?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
3. Why do you ask the question "What year would it be right now, if Jesus had never been born"?
Catch up, chief.

Someone here (can't remember who it is) wants to know how the Earth would be different if God didn't exist and nature ran the show.

I like his question, and have submitted the proposal that he look no further than the calendar hanging on his wall for an answer.

(Albeit the example he gave was: gravity; and I came up with my own example: what year it is.)

Upvote 0

Bertrand Russell White

Apr 5, 2021
Brockville
✟21,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you need clarification?

If you ask me what year it is ... or any 2nd grader ... you'd get 2021 without hesitation.

But take God out of the picture, and even adults won't tell me what year it is.

(But to their credit, I suspect they've never thought about it before; and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to come up with a consensus.)

Absolutely NOT! In another culture there could very easily be another answer. I really hope you are not seriously believing what you are saying. You are kidding right?! I would really make me concerned about where you were educated.

Upvote 0