Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "Day of the Lord" is a phrase used with different meanings in scriptures in different places, not just one. The Day of Yahweh is more specifically the time of judgment coming, in prophetic scriptures.

Quasar92 said:
The OP describes it in part, while Jesus does a thorough delineation of it in Rev.6 through 19.

No, it is true that there are the results of the choices and actions from any of humanity destructive to this earth and to others, and harmfulness to one another, that humanity will suffer troubles from, distinct from the judgment from Yahweh which comes after, but the Day of the Lord is not always the Day of Yahweh, which is that great judgment in this world.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FYI, you have proven nothing I have posted to be false. No matter how much or how long you write.

The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, is the only thing needed to show the error of modern Dispensational Theology.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant of Christ your Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart.

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

(NKJV)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "Day of the Lord" is a phrase used with different meanings in scriptures in different places, not just one. The Day of Yahweh is more specifically the time of judgment coming, in prophetic scriptures.

No, it is true that there are the results of the choices and actions from any of humanity destructive to this earth and to others, and harmfulness to one another, that humanity will suffer troubles from, distinct from the judgment from Yahweh which comes after, but the Day of the Lord is not always the Day of Yahweh, which is that great judgment in this world.

It is the Day, Jesus Christ returns to gather His people at the resurrection and rapture.

It is the coming of the Lord.

Three distinct things will happen on the Day.

1. The Resurrection
  2. The Rapture
  3. The destruction of the antichrist.

JLB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, is the only thing needed to show the error of modern Dispensational Theology.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant of Christ your Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart.

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

(NKJV)

You wrote the following: >>>"The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, is the only thing needed to show the error of modern Dispensational Theology.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant of Christ your Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart."<<<

What you fail to understand about the New Covenant, is that in spite of Jesus fulfilling the Prophecy in Jer.31:31-34, to Israel and Judah...they HAVE NOT ACCEPTED IT YET!

However, when God opened up the Gospel through Jesus to the Gentiles, by His commissioning Paul as His Apostle to the Gentiles, to do so; the New Covenant of Grace was fulfilled by all believers in Jesus Christ, both Jews and Gentiles alike through he baptism of the Holy Spirit, as recorded in 1 Cor.12:12-13.

Israel and Judea are now all Israel and will not accept the New Covenant of Grace, by recognizing Jesus as their Messiah, until the tie He returns in His Second Coming, recorded in Zech.`1:10 and Zeck.14:4-5.

The problem you have with those facts, is because you try making the Church Israel, with is completely non-Scriptural and a heretic falsehood. Try proving it by the Bible and see how far you get.

Quasar92

"

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel and Judea are now all Israel and will not accept the New Covenant of Grace, by recognizing Jesus as their Messiah, until the tie He returns in His Second Coming, recorded in Zech.`1:10 and Zeck.14:4-5.

The problem you have with those facts, is because you try making the Church Israel, with is completely non-Scriptural and a heretic falsehood. Try proving it by the Bible and see how far you get.

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:22  Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 

Act 2:36  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 
Act 2:37
  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 
Act 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
Act 2:39  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 
Act 2:40  And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 
Act 2:41  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

On the day of Pentecost about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and spoken by Christ at the Last Supper in Matthew 26:28, as revealed by the words of Peter and Luke found above.
Neither of them are heretics.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You wrote the following: >>>"The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, is the only thing needed to show the error of modern Dispensational Theology.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant of Christ your Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart."<<<

What you fail to understand about the New Covenant, is that in spite of Jesus fulfilling the Prophecy in Jer.31:31-34, to Israel and Judah...they HAVE NOT ACCEPTED IT YET!

However, when God opened up the Gospel through Jesus to the Gentiles, by His commissioning Paul as His Apostle to the Gentiles, to do so; the New Covenant of Grace was fulfilled by all believers in Jesus Christ, both Jews and Gentiles alike through he baptism of the Holy Spirit, as recorded in 1 Cor.12:12-13.

Quasar92

"
How much DNA does it take to be a Jew?

Let them answer:
"... the number of people in the world today with the “Abrahamic Genetic Signature” is too large to count precisely. A reasonable estimate is in the hundreds of millions."

The vast majority, of course, do not know it. But every one who has accepted Christ invalidates your claim that they have not accepted the New Covenant.

You might be one of them. Have you had your DNA tested?

You might be a self-invalidation of your own claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How much DNA does it take to be a Jew?

Let them answer:
"... the number of people in the world today with the “Abrahamic Genetic Signature” is too large to count precisely. A reasonable estimate is in the hundreds of millions."

The vast majority, of course, do not know it. But every one who has accepted Christ invalidates your claim that they have not accepted the New Covenant.

You might be one of them. Have you had your DNA tested?

You might be a self-invalidation of your own claim.

Abraham was a Gentile, since there was no such thing as Jews in his day.

He is the type of the one new man who is neither Jew and Gentile.

And you shall answer and say before the Lord your God: ‘My father was a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous. Deuteronomy 26:5

Jew means from the tribe of Judah.

Abraham was from the line of Eber, from which we get the term Hebrew.

JLB

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:22  Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 

Act 2:36  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 
Act 2:37
  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 
Act 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
Act 2:39  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 
Act 2:40  And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 
Act 2:41  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

On the day of Pentecost about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and spoken by Christ at the Last Supper in Matthew 26:28, as revealed by the words of Peter and Luke found above.
Neither of them are heretics.

You have an affinity to ignore posted facts that refute your ongoing claims Israel has accepted the New Covenant, as documented in my post #144. When Israel rejected The only dor to the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, God opened the door to the Gentiles, through Him, as recorded in 1 Cor.12:12-13.

According to the prophetic Scriptures, Israel will not accept the New Covenant through Jesus Christ, until His Second Coming, when they finally recognize Him as their Messiah, recorded in Zech.12:10 and 14:4-5.

The problem you have with this issue, is the act you keep trying to make the Church of Jesus Christ, Israel, which is non-Scriptural, false, and a heresy.

You keep bringing up the 3,000 Israelis wh became believers in Jesus at Pentecost, which was drop in the bucket to the overall population of Israel at that time. As of 2015, their population was 8.38 million. While worldwide Jewish population in 2015, was 16 million, as compared to 7 billion overall population in 2015.

Whether you accept it or not, you have no argument supporting the acceptance of the New Covenant by Israel. The Church IS NOT Israel and never was nor will be, in the future.

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Abraham was a Gentile, since there was no such thing as Jews in his day.

He is the type of the one new man who is neither Jew and Gentile.

And you shall answer and say before the Lord your God: ‘My father was a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous. Deuteronomy 26:5

Jew means from the tribe of Judah.

Abraham was from the line of Eber, from which we get the term Hebrew.

JLB

The only true Jewish people come from their progenitor, Judah, the forefather of the tribe of Judah. Today, members from all 13 of the tribes of Israel live in Judah, and as such are all referred to as Jews.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Irrespective of tribal origins, the significance of the ancestry of Christ, Israel, and Judah before and since Christ's time has always been reckoned through Abraham:

Matthew 1:1
The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Abraham was the ancestor of Judah:
Matthew 1:2
Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers.

The Pharisees and Sadducees never missed an opportunity to boast of it:
Matthew 3:9
and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Zacharias attested to it:
Luke 1:73
The oath which He swore to Abraham our father

Christ acknowledged it:
Luke 19:9
And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.

Paul acknowledged it:
2 Corinthians 11:22
Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I.

Nowhere in Scripture is Judah singled out as being the only legitimate manifestation of Israel in the plenary sense.

Judah is not even mentioned in the cited article, which acknowledges that there are far more genetic children of Abraham on this earth than any dispensationalist would ever dare to admit.

And every one who receives Christ invalidates the contention that Israel has never accepted the New Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant232

May 29, 2017
The High places of Jacob
✟38,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Jews in Israel, you've seen them bobbing their heads at the wall of old fort Antonia, They are siting a list of prayers called the Amidah prayers ~ Prayer number 10 is of particular interest to this discussion, Because it is for the return of the exiles ~ the 10 lost tribes. These 10 lost tribes though Israelites are not Jews. These Prayers are said by male Jews three times a day.

They know that the Ten tribes have not been gathered back, why can't the dispensationalist?

The Scriptures are clear, that the exiled tribes, the majority of the descendants of Abraham (That includes - 'Christians' that don't know their true heritage as an Israelite, a citizen of Israel) are still in exile, why can't dispensationalist understand this outside of their blinding dogmas?

Dispensationalism is the root of most modern heresies and misunderstanding of the scriptures bar none.

Follow the money, right to the tickle my ear merchants, the whole lot of them.

Brit-Am Lost Ten Tribes and Yair Davidiy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church IS NOT Israel and never was nor will be, in the future.

It was on the Day of Pentecost, based on the words of Peter in Acts chapter 2 when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant.
You claim it was just a
"drop in the bucket".
Tell that to those who were saved on that day, when you see them.

Paul said he was still an Israelite, even after his conversion.

Rom 11:1  I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 

You can try to ignore it or redefine it if you like.
However, it will not change what is plainly written in God's Word.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Irrespective of tribal origins, the significance of the ancestry of Christ, Israel, and Judah before and since Christ's time has always been reckoned through Abraham:

Matthew 1:1
The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Abraham was the ancestor of Judah:
Matthew 1:2
Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers.

The Pharisees and Sadducees never missed an opportunity to boast of it:
Matthew 3:9
and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Zacharias attested to it:
Luke 1:73
The oath which He swore to Abraham our father

Christ acknowledged it:
Luke 19:9
And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.

Paul acknowledged it:
2 Corinthians 11:22
Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I.

Nowhere in Scripture is Judah singled out as being the only legitimate manifestation of Israel in the plenary sense.

Judah is not even mentioned in the cited article, which acknowledges that there are far more genetic children of Abraham on this earth than any dispensationalist would ever dare to admit.

And every one who receives Christ invalidates the contention that Israel has never accepted the New Covenant.

None of which abrogates or refutes my post
# 149 I the least.

Quasar92

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was on the Day of Pentecost, based on the words of Peter in Acts chapter 2 when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant.
You claim it was just a
"drop in the bucket".
Tell that to those who were saved on that day, when you see them.

Paul said he was still an Israelite, even after his conversion.

Rom 11:1  I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 

You can try to ignore it or redefine it if you like.
However, it will not change what is plainly written in God's Word.

Your attempt to make the Church Israel, is false prophecy! The Church IS NOT Israel, as documented in the following:

We come now to something that is crucial and needs to be defined to understand the new covenant. Is the Church Israel? For if it is ,we are obligated to keep Sabbath day at least in a general sense. If the Church is not Israel then what sense would there be to keep the Sabbath. Scripturally we find the Church is not Israel the nation but a separate entity under an entirely new covenant. Israel is called the wife of Jehovah, while the Church is called the bride of Christ, showing distinctions in how God relates to each. The word Israel is always descriptive of the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. It was Jacob who’s name was changed to Israel and had 12 sons that became that nation.

Many transfer the promises and the covenants to Israel to the Church, but there is absolutely no reason to do this. The Church is not spiritual Israel. Look it up you’ll never find the term or concept in the Bible. There are only two verses that are used to validate this view, both are unsupported in their context.

Gal.3:29 says that those who belong to Christ are Abraham’s seed. The seed of Abraham does not mean one is Israel. It Means those who are justified by faith are spiritual descendants of Abraham but this does not make them descendants of Jacob who is Israel. They partake in the spiritual blessings that come through Israel. While there are two different groups of people who can be descendants of Abraham one of which is the Arabs, they do not share in the promises of Jacob. Only Israel is descended from the physical posterity of Jacob.

The other verse is Gal.6:16 where Paul is addressing both believing Jews and Gentiles in the church "As many as walk according to this rule (Gentile believers) and upon "the Israel of God." In its context this term means Jews who are believers, who believe salvation is by faith in Christ contrary to what the Judaizers were teaching that the law was needed also. Paul also addresses this in Rom.9:6-8 that there are two Israel's, one that consists of Jews and the elect, the true Israel which are the physical posterity and also have the faith of Abraham, they are the Israel of God mentioned in Gal.6. As Paul states, " for they are not all Israel who are of Israel." (Rom.9:6). There is also "Israel" after the flesh found in 1 Cor.10:18. The Church is never called spiritual Israel or is a new Israel replacing the old. Nor does it say believers become Jews. Both gentiles and Jews participate together in the New Covenant. as Eph 2 addresses the middle wall of partition being broken down and God makeing a new entity.

In the N.T we have three terms used alongside each other, Israel, Gentiles and the Church. The Church consists of both believing Gentiles and Jews while Israel as a nation is in unbelief as are the Gentiles. The Church and Israel are two distinct groups and God has a different program for each. Both are brought in make up the body of Christ. The name Israel is used 20 times and the church 19 times in the book of Acts, both are kept distinct While there is no difference in salvation for both, Gods plans are different for each. In the book of Acts Israel and the church exist alongside each other, nowhere is the church called the new or spiritual Israel.There are certain areas the differences of Jew and gentile are erased but in all areas.Such as we becoming one in Christ all the same way 1 Cor.12:13 , according to the NT a Jew is one that is not only outwardly by the flesh but inwardly,this obviously can't be for a gentile so for a gentile. there is no such thing as a spiritual Jew from the inside only, but there is such a thing as spiritual gentiles.

If you claim to be Israel then you were cut off according to Romans.11. And where the natural branch once was, God grafted in unnatural ones the Gentiles. It doesn't get any clearer. The teaching of God abandoning Israel the nation or replaced by the Church did quite well for almost 1,500 hundred years until he actually gave them back their land AND STARTED TO REGATHER THEM FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD JUST AS HE SAID HE WOULD. God said in Neh. 1:8 if you are unfaithful I will scatter you.' but he also said...

Jer.30:18, 31:8 "Behold I will bring them from the north country and gather them from the ends of the earth."

Isa.43:5 I will bring your descendants from the east and gather you from the west...

It is a nation that is being gathered today for the tribulation, they are gathered first in unbelief until that fateful day where in Romans 11 Paul says they will all be saved after the fullness of the gentiles has come in. The Church is dealt with differently than the nation of Israel, God has a different plan for both.

Source: Let Us Reason

Are Israel and the church the same thing? Does God still have a plan for Israel?"

This topic is one of the more controversial in the Church today, and it has significant implications regarding the way we interpret Scripture, especially concerning the end times. More importantly, it has great significance in that it affects the way we understand the very nature and character of God Himself.

Romans 11:16-36 records the illustration of the olive tree. This passage speaks of Israel the (“natural” branches) being broken off from the olive tree, and the Church (“wild” branches or shoots) being grafted into the olive tree. Since Israel is referred to as branches, as well as the Church, it stands to reason that neither group is the “whole tree,” so to speak; rather, the whole tree represents God’s workings with mankind as a whole. Therefore, God’s program with Israel and God’s program with the Church are part of the outworking of His purpose among men in general. Of course, this is not intended to mean that either program is of little significance. As many commentators have noted, more space is given in the Bible regarding God’s programs with Israel and with the Church than any of God’s other dealings!

In Genesis 12, God promised Abraham that he would be the father of a great nation (the Jews), the Jews would possess a land, that nation would be blessed above all other nations, and all other nations would be blessed from Israel. So, from the beginning God revealed that Israel would be His chosen people on the earth, but that His blessing would not be limited to them exclusively. Galatians 3:14 identifies the nature of the blessing to come to all the other nations: “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” All the nations of the world were blessed by Israel, through whom the Savior of the world came.

God’s plan of redemption is built upon the finished work of Jesus Christ, a descendant of David and Abraham. But Christ’s death on the cross is sufficient for the sins of the entire world, not just the Jews! Galatians 3:6-8 states, “Consider Abraham: ‘He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.’ Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: ‘All nations will be blessed through you.’” Finally, Galatians 3:29 says, “If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.” In other words, in Christ, believers are counted righteous by faith in the same way that Abraham was (Galatians 3:6-8). If we are in Christ, then we are partakers of the blessing of Israel and all nations in the redemptive work of Christ. Believers become the spiritual descendants of Abraham. Believers do not become physical Jews, but they may enjoy the same type of blessings and privileges as the Jews.

Now, this does not contradict or nullify the revelation given in the Old Testament. God’s promises in the Old Testament are still valid, and God’s relationship with Israel as a chosen people points to the work of Christ as a Redeemer of the whole world. The Mosaic Law is still mandatory for all Jews who have not yet accepted Christ as their Messiah. Jesus did what they could not do—fulfill the Law in all its details (Matthew 5:17). As New Testament believers, we are no longer under the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13), because Christ has taken that curse upon Himself on the cross. The Law served two purposes: to reveal sin and mankind’s inability (on his own merit) to do anything about it, and to point us to Christ, who fulfills the Law. His death on the cross completely satisfies God’s righteous requirement of perfection.

God’s unconditional promises are not invalidated by the unfaithfulness of man. Nothing we do is ever a surprise to God, and He does not need to adjust His plans according to the way we behave. No, God is sovereign over all things—past, present and future—and what He has foreordained for both Israel and the Church will come to pass, regardless of circumstances. Romans 3:3-4 explains that Israel’s unbelief would not nullify His promises concerning them: “What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: ‘So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.’"

Promises made to Israel are still going to be kept in the future. We can be sure that all God has said is true and will take place, because of His character and consistency. The Church does not replace Israel and should not expect a symbolic fulfillment of the promises of the Old Covenant As one reads Scripture, it is necessary to keep Israel and the Church separate.

Recommended Resource: Dispensationalism by Charles Ryrie

Source: gotquetions.org

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your attempt to make the Church Israel, is false prophecy! The Church IS NOT Israel, as documented in the following:
Debunked.

How many Jews are there on earth?

Let them answer:

The vast majority, of course, do not know it. But every one who has accepted Christ invalidates your claim that Israel has not accepted the New Covenant.

And you can be certain that among hundreds of millions, numbers are coming to Christ, accepting His New Covenant, and being joined to His Church.

Every day.

Upvote 0