what is the armor of god?

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the Armor of God? I don't know but I think Praying is one of them. I think reading the Bible is another. But what else can I do to put on the Armor of God? I want to be free from thease evil spirits and I used to be a Witch, but now I don't want to anymore. SO can someone please tell me what else is the Armor of God? I do take medication for this stuff because my family thinks I'm skizo, but I don't think so. Should I tell my Mom I used to be a witch?

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
The armour of God is mentioned in Ephesians 6 v 10 - 18.

I think you may be thinking of spiritual weapons, which can include prayer (and fasting sometimes), praise, quoting scripture and telling Satan to go away in the name of Jesus. I suggest you read your Bible and pray daily. Are you part of a church? I think you need fellowship of other Christians, and maybe prayer (if you've not already had it) over the fact that you used to be a witch. If you mother is a Christian then it may help to tell her that you were one.

Right now, you can ask the Lord to forgive you (if you have not already done so) and to protect you from evil. Pray the Lord's prayer if you do not know what else to pray (Matt 6 v 9-13), and ask Him to provide you with people near you who can pray for you to be released from the effects of having been a witch. And be encouraged - you have turned away from what was wrong, God can totally forgive and release you into a new life with Him. :clap:

:prayer: for you.

Upvote 0

tuliplane

Oct 19, 2012
✟31,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dreamer30,

Like rebornfree said, the armor of God is mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-18:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Ask God to help you put on that armor and He will! Keep praying to Him, ask for His help, make sure to keep reading and studying the Bible, and do your best with God's help to follow the other things listed in the passage above; such as being truthful, having faith, and not being afraid to speak up for God and talking of His goodness and salvation . The medicine can't do what God will do for you. It might take some time, but He'll get you through it if you work with Him. If you think it will help you to talk about it, or that your mom can give you helpful advice, you can tell her that you used to be a witch, but if you asked forgiveness from God and repented, then the past is the past; your forgiven and you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Without prayer and reliance upon God, our efforts at spiritual warfare are empty and futile.
The full armor of God—truth, righteousness, the gospel, faith, salvation, the Word of God, and prayer—are the tools God has given us, through which we can be spiritually victorious, overcoming Satan’s attacks and temptations.

The armor of God is described in Ephesians 6:10-18. In this passage we are told that our primary battles are of a spiritual nature and that we need spiritual armor to be able to stand firm in the midst of these battles. The armor includes the following pieces:

Belt of truth: The belt of truth is the first item in our arsenal. A belt holds the other pieces of clothing and armor together. It secures the outfit and allows a soldier to move freely. Truth both secures us and gives us freedom (John 8:32). One of Satan's greatest offensive tactics is to deceive us; he is the "father of lies" (John 8:44). With the belt of truth around our waists, we are prepared to defend against this. This truth also applies to the way we live our lives. When we live with honesty and integrity, the other pieces of our armor – what could be considered our spiritual selves – stay intact. A life of integrity is not easily torn asunder.

Breastplate of righteousness: The breastplate of righteousness covers our hearts and other vital organs. In a sense, the breastplate covers the most vulnerable areas of a warrior. Proverbs 4:23 says, "Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." The righteousness that guards a believer's heart is the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Footwear of the readiness of the gospel: Our feet are to be "fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace" (Ephesians 6:15 NIV). Because we know the good news of Christ and by that knowledge experience peace in Him (John 14:27), our feet are willing to move. In obedience to Christ, we will flee temptations (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 Timothy 6:11; 2 Timothy 2:22) and walk into whatever He has called us to (Psalm 86:11; Isaiah 30:21; John 15:10).

Shield of faith: The shield of faith is used to "extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one" (Ephesians 6:16). When Satan attacks us, our faith in Christ lessens the blow. We are able to withstand the attack because we know whom we have believed (2 Timothy 1:12).

Helmet of salvation: A helmet protects the brain, basically our minds. It is because of salvation that our minds can be sound. We are assured of our eternities, and made righteous recipients of peace, practitioners of faith, and knowers of truth. Our minds are protected because of Jesus' work on the cross; we have been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:12-16). A helmet can also serve as a signifier. When the enemy looks at us, he sees that we belong to Christ. We carry with us the seal of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Sword of the Spirit: The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God.
This includes God's written Word (the Bible), God's incarnate Word (Jesus as Logos), and God's spoken Word (the Holy Spirit within us).
The sword is the one offensive weapon in the list.
We are told, "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). Second Timothy 3:16 speaks of Scripture as being "God-breathed." When God spoke creation came into existence.
He breathed life into man.
There is power in the Word of God; this is why it is our best offense.

*Sources: Bible, got question.org and compelling truth.org

Upvote 0

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the end of the day it is the Holy Spirit who has to teach you how to use the whole armor of God. For that I believe you will need a close relationship with God and His Word. Seek Him everyday and make time for Him. Learn His Word. Ask the Holy Spirit to interpret what you are going to read in the Word. Ask Him for Wisdom, Knowledge and understanding. Being lukewarm won't help. Praise God in everything.

Upvote 0

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the end of the day it is the Holy Spirit who has to teach you how to use the whole armor of God. For that I believe you will need a close relationship with God and His Word. Seek Him everyday and make time for Him. Learn His Word. Ask the Holy Spirit to interpret what you are going to read in the Word. Ask Him for Wisdom, Knowledge and understanding. Being lukewarm won't help. Praise God in everything.

thank you. Will do that. :)

Reactions: davidtriune
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the armor of God is God himself. love God and desire him, evils can push us closer to him and that is the opposite of what they want. don't let any evil in you be more than what it already is, let them all go as much as you can. if you can take time in seeking God by not thinking but desiring for him to make himself real to you... if you take the time to seek him in loving prayer and in simple prayers to him, even just calling out to him a simple word, whatever you feel to say to him then I think that you will become amazed at what happens when you have a personal experience with him.

ask God to replace your understanding with faith, your memory with hope and your will with love. ask him all the time to be close to him, to be one with him and don't give up and seek him as much as you can in any way you feel he tells you to. God will use everything to draw us to himself, once we realize we are his and he is ours we then know true purpose and meaning and there is no greater armor of God than to always be with him. give everything to God, all of you as much as you can, lift yourself up to God in prayer. offer yourself to him, let him show you that he loves you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,601.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the Armor of God? I don't know but I think Praying is one of them. I think reading the Bible is another. But what else can I do to put on the Armor of God? I want to be free from thease evil spirits and I used to be a Witch, but now I don't want to anymore. SO can someone please tell me what else is the Armor of God? I do take medication for this stuff because my family thinks I'm skizo, but I don't think so. Should I tell my Mom I used to be a witch?

I played around with the occult at one point in my life. Repentance was more of a process with me that a single event. I remember visitations from dark spirits that terrified me and paralysed me. I prayed for Christ to deliver me but he did not for 2 minutes and then suddenly the spirit left. The next time I prayed with more passion and conviction of victory and the spirit left after only 1 minute. It has been more that 20 years since that spirit came anywhere near me. I last remember saying get lost in Jesus name and it went immediately. As we grow into Christ our authority to rebuke the forces of Satan increases. Putting on the armour of God is about reducing the footholds available to the enemy, removing the weak points he aims for in our lives (sins etc) and then knowing about the arsenal of weopans that we have to fight and defeat him with.

1. Being honest,
  2. doing the right thing
  3. being flexible enough to move according to Gods promptings
  4. trusting in Christ to protect us and in His victory over the enemy
  5. knowing that we are saved and that the enemy cannot take that away from us
  6. knowing the bible well enough to challenge the arguments of the enemy with scripture and to overthrow them

I also like the passage in Revelations 12 that says they overcame him by the word of their testimony, by the blood of the lamb and because they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. In other words honest testimony about what God has done for us, the confidence that we are saved and forgiven and the courage to make whatever sacrifice it takes in the battle with the evil one. There is no evil that can stand against believers so equipped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
An important piece of armour God taught me how to use was the sword of the spirit.
Another friend said God gave her a shield.
And another was given a helmet. We are meant to put on the whole armour...but some areas of our lives are particularly vulnerable or weak. Remember to use your armour when the enemy tries to attack you.

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 6:10-20 tells it all....

We are to put on the WHOLE armor of GOD so as to stand against the devils wiles. A full complete; not partial armor in place to defend, deflect, and stand firm with resolve and righteousness.

By definition if needed for further explanation I would advise you to pray to GOD through his son JESUS for discernment if so needed.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I have my own interpretation of the armor, and I hope you'll enjoy it :)

Belt of truth: Truth is whatever God says, which is the Bible. Belts are supposed to hold the rest of your armor up so they don't fall down :D, much like memorizing the Bible for not forgetting the following items.

Breastplate of righteousness: Paul who introduced the armor earlier explained this to be love and trust in God ("faith" and "love"-1 Thessalonians 5:8). Now you know what each of your breasts mean :D!

Shoes of preparation of the good news: Being ready at any time to share the good news to the world, much like Isaiah 52:77- "The feet of who brings good news are beautiful...who announces salvation..")

Shield of faith: Interesting, how does faith extinguish Satan's flaming darts it says? That gives me the imagery of the three men who adamantly refused idolatry to be tested through fire and survived (Daniel 3).

Helmet of salvation: Paul also explained this to be hope for salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8). Else we might as well "eat drink, because we die tomorrow!"

Sword of the Spirit: "God's word". God's word is his speech. It's different from the belt of truth because it's used in a more offensive way and counter the devil's direct shots like Jesus did in the desert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,601.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 6:10-20 tells it all....

We are to put on the WHOLE armor of GOD so as to stand against the devils wiles. A full complete; not partial armor in place to defend, deflect, and stand firm with resolve and righteousness.

By definition if needed for further explanation I would advise you to pray to GOD through his son JESUS for discernment if so needed.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree that the whole armor is required if we are not to be vulnerable in single combat. But the image used by Paul is that of a Roman legionnaire who fought in groups as disciplined fighting units. Interlocking shields etc. it is an image of the church also ,of us fighting together.

Upvote 0