What is sex good for?

What's sex good for?

• It is only for within marriage to reproduce. (catholic view I guess...)

• It is only for within marriage but not just for reproduction.

• Masturbating outside of marriage is clearly an abuse.

• Masturbating outside of marriage is legitimate but must not serve as enjoyment.

• Masturbation outside of marriage is legitimate and can be enjoyed.

• Sex is always to be avoided even within marriage.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Im ending this evening with Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Pray on your answers gentlemen, I tried to let love cover this situation and you refused.

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Pray on your answers gentlemen, I tried to let love cover this situation and you refused.

Indeed...your scathing condemnation is ironic since it is you who is calling evil what God declared to be good!!

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Kings 11:4 Solomon's wives turned his heart after other gods.

And for this very reason he was advised by God not to marry women of pagan religions. Ironic isn't it that God did not simply say don't marry more than one woman at all...LOL

It has always been about the heart not the sex. Demonize sex and sexual thought till your dying day...scripture will still stand.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Another red herring: Nowhere does the Bible condemn sexual thought or masturbation, as my link shows, so we cannot be calling 'darkness' light. Kinda hard to do that if you can't even show your claims to be true. Your unfounded accusation is noted in light of your following claim that you tried to let love temper the conversation.

Yes, that's why you opened a conversation with me asking me if I've ever read Matthew in a most condescending way whilst completely ignoring a scholarly article that discusses the very verse you quoted when asking me if I've ever read Matthew.

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it so impossible for some to accept that we can have disagreement and still acknowledge that we each are acting with sincere convictions? Why do so many devolve into a state of self righteous rebuke of others?

It is proper and right that we should discuss issues for which there is sincere and yet opposing points of view as to their true meaning. Mutual respect and love should be the hallmark of our faith should it not? No one here is denying Christ or His redemptive work on the cross. There is absolutely no cause for the scathing attacks on those we disagree with. (The reference to Isaiah 5:20 among others comes to mind)

It is my sincere conviction that those who behave in such a manner have lost their connection with the head. When we can no longer treat each other with love and respect, we need to ask ourselves what spirit it is we are following. (I include myself in this)

Upvote 0