What is required for a BAC to be acceptable to God?

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No, I actually read them and read them in their context rather than plucking them out of context and throwing them in the faces of those who don't see things my way.
Wonderful ...
Now, why don't you show us one of them
(which you say is out of context)
and explain how I have misused it?

BTW, you're saying I'm throwing them in my face
and the faces of others who see things my way!
Again, wonderful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have yet to observe any branch that does anything to remain connected to the vine. I have observed, however, dead branches which were removed, not because they failed in their effort to remain connected to the tree, but simply because their sap supply from the tree had ceased for one reason or another.

That one reason or another in a born again Christian is sin.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
bbbbbbb said:
I have no idea as to how a branch can "do his part" to bear fruit.

How does a branch even make a decision to either "remain connected" to the vine, or to "disconnect from the vine".

Have you ever seen a branch faced with this decision?

Because the branch refers to a born again Christian who must choose to either obey Christ or not.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wonderful ...
Now, why don't you show us one of them
(which you say is out of context)
and explain how I have misused it?

BTW, you're saying I'm throwing them in my face
and the faces of others who see things my way!
Again, wonderful.

Please note that I did you state that you, personally, were guilty of such mischief. If you are, then it is not for me to know or even care about.

Here is a key piece of the Arminian argument.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do, if God permits. 4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7 For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8 but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

9 But, beloved, we are convinced of better things concerning you, and things that accompany salvation, though we are speaking in this way. 10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

To start our discussion, who are "they (them)" and who is "you" here?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed, this is all very exciting!
Except ...
What are you going to do with all of those pesky little
NT verses that warn about believers losing salvation?

Oh yes, silly me, I forgot ... ignore and/or reject them!
Yes, that's it.
Except, you've never come close to providing any verse that makes this warning.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That one reason or another in a born again Christian is sin.
JLB
Hey, JLB, how many sins did Jesus Christ die for?

Your views seem to claim that there are certain sins that will send a believer, who has been given eternal life, to hell.

So, if true, then Jesus Christ must not have died for that particular sin.

Could you provide a list with Scriptural citation or quotation that tells us which sins He didn't bother dying for, so we can be careful not to commit those particular sins?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, JLB, how many sins did Jesus Christ die for?

Your views seem to claim that there are certain sins that will send a believer, who has been given eternal life, to hell.

So, if true, then Jesus Christ must not have died for that particular sin.

Could you provide a list with Scriptural citation or quotation that tells us which sins He didn't bother dying for, so we can be careful not to commit those particular sins?

Thanks.

The sin of blasphemy against the Spirit.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Matthew 12:31

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
bbbbbbb said:
I have no idea as to how a branch can "do his part" to bear fruit.

How does a branch even make a decision to either "remain connected" to the vine, or to "disconnect from the vine".

Have you ever seen a branch faced with this decision?

Yes the Christian who is in Christ, must remain in Christ, or be cast into the fire and burned.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here’s how the person who is in Christ, must remain in Christ. -

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

Do you believe a Christian who is in Christ, that doesn’t bother to keep His commandments will remain in Christ?

JLB

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes the Christian who is in Christ, must remain in Christ, or be cast into the fire and burned.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here’s how the person who is in Christ, must remain in Christ. -

Do you (FG2) believe a Christian who is in Christ, that doesn’t bother to keep His commandments will remain in Christ?
Yes, he believes that such a Christian will remain.
He does not believe in any such warnings/threats.
This is my one and only post that he agrees with.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is my one and only post that he agrees with.

It’s sad that those who claim to be Christians, will deceive God’s people with such nonsense.

Thanks for you hard work here and at all the Forums you post at.

God bless you and keep you.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My question:
"Could you provide a list with Scriptural citation or quotation that tells us which sins He didn't bother dying for, so we can be careful not to commit those particular sins?"
The sin of blasphemy against the Spirit.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Matthew 12:31
I'm quite aware of your forgetting to check the context, so I'll help you out here.

The context for v.31 is this:

22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”
28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

So, we learn that this sin is specific; attributing miracles from the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub.

What is impossible is anyone today cannot commit that specific sin, because they would have to have been there to see and hear FIRST HAND about Jesus' miracles.

So, you have again, possibly unwittingly, supported my view, that Christ died for all sins so that there are no sins (today) that Jesus didn't die for. Therefore, there are no sins that a believer, who has been given eternal life (John 5:24, 6:47, 1 John 5:11, 13), can lose salvation over.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What you haven't done yet is provide any verse that tells us that a sealed believer can be unsealed and therefore, end up "into the fire and burned".

Eph 1;13,14
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance
until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

The red words refute your views.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because I believe what Jesus said in John 10:28; that recipients of eternal life shall nevefr perish.

I also believe Paul's words in Eph 1:13,14 that says that "having believed" the believer is sealed with the Holy Spirit, a GUARANTEE of our inheritance as God's possession.

Those are very clear words. Of course I believe them.

Why don't you?

This is totally untrue (lie?). There are many warnings in Scripture about God's painful discipline (Heb 12:11) for disobedience among His children. And there are many warnings about being out of fellowship with the Lord.

But none of the warnings actually SAY anything about losing salvation. That's just a fantasy of Arminians.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My question:
"Could you provide a list with Scriptural citation or quotation that tells us which sins He didn't bother dying for, so we can be careful not to commit those particular sins?"
I'm quite aware of your forgetting to check the context, so I'll help you out here.

The context for v.31 is this:

So you believe a born again Christian can blaspheme the Holy Spirit and be forgiven ?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you haven't done yet is provide any verse that tells us that a sealed believer can be unsealed and therefore, end up "into the fire and burned".

Eph 1;13,14
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

A person who is in Christ has His Spirit.

Those who do not remain in Christ, are cast into the fire and burned.

The way the scriptures teach us to remain in Christ is to keep His commandments.

Those who hate their brother in Christ, no longer have eternal life.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eph 1;13,14

The promise of His Spirit is to those who believe, and trust Him.

Those who no longer believe, nor trust and obey Him, are promised the lake of fire.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I still have to find anyone who knows exactly what this mysterious sin is.

Blasphemy against the Spirit, is calling the Holy Spirit, the Devil.

• This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:24-32

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you believe a born again Christian can blaspheme the Holy Spirit and be forgiven ?
JLB
So, no I don't. Didn't you read what I posted? Or do you STILL fire off posts without any understanding of the post you are responding to?

I showed the CONTEXT for "blaspheming the Holy Spirit". It could only be committed WHILE Jesus was on earrth, performing miraces.

I suggest you go back to my post and actually read it before responding with this silliness.

Upvote 0